Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 04:28 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLinkMan2002 View Post
This system would be great if we actually had the playercount to support it and people worked on a ranking system and costed a certain number of points to recruit (ie say u had a 100 pt recruitment pool, wil costs 25, duende costs 2 etc.). As it stands it will always be 2-3 gangs with all the best players and slim pickins for the rest.
We were totally gonna do a Gang draft at one point, I completely forgot about that and don't really remember what happened to the idea.. it was when I put Wil as GBA, I remember having the meetings with the gang leaders and trying to get together legit people to do it.

That was a very short time-frame (like a week) until Wil stepped down cause Zeyo/Trak (the Cancers of Era) and Tonk kept undermining everything and Globals wouldn't allow me to give him actual staff rights. The idea (among others) was really legitimate; there was comment files and everything if I recall. Had the usual goons Blue and Alfo helping make all the tangible stuff.

Kinda miss when stuff actually got done on Era. Since Fidel & I left it's just stagnated with the same 10 staff doing absolutely nothing over the past year+. Don't even see PWA anymore, forums included.

Poor Era.
----
On topic, I'd prefer if you set the limit back to 10 then gave the additional slots as rewards to gangs that earn them.. could have one earnable by points, one by winning x events, killing x players, winning x weeks, etc. There's already nothing left for us to do and you just switched back to the system the other month... where is my auto-turret idea? does the gang shop even function anymore?

There's already too many trash tier gangs that aren't monitored at all. None of the original rules of the 'make your own' system apply cause it was just casually reverted in a failed attempt to make one of Benny's terrible GBA runs less terrible (along with endlessly recycling content I made). Gangs that get 0 points in one week, two, five? need to be gone. There's too many slots wasted already for you to just give free extra ones to every single gang.

Just my thoughts. Do something more than change one number in one DB. Try.

Last edited by Supaman771; 04-08-2014 at 04:45 AM..
Old 04-08-2014, 11:55 AM
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
On topic, I'd prefer if you set the limit back to 10 then gave the additional slots as rewards to gangs that earn them.. could have one earnable by points, one by winning x events, killing and you just switched back to the system the other month... where is my auto-turret idea? does the gang shop even function anymore?
But then we still end up with a similar problem as I mentioned before. The only gangs getting the extra slots would be EF an Merc. (which are literally just bh and bb, nothing has changed. Bandera was LC but they recently fell off too) I find myself asking what's the point? And now that you guys have taken so much money from gang founders we are stuck with this system or everyone will rage. I thought we learned our lesson the first time that letting players create their own gangs does not work with our player count. And for the love of god remove BH PK, it is just deteriorating the desire to raid even more. The game is actually free to play now, we need to start working on making things less harsh for new players so they actually stick around.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:13 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
I don't even play anymore and feel like i am wasting my time typing this but sure..

I don't understand why you guys keep coming on and repeating the same things day in, day out. I read the same stuff in every thread and you guys are just going in circles..

You have the 4 gang limit, then change to unlimited gangs (if you pay) then we go back to a 3 gang limit, then we go back to unlimited gangs (if you pay, but with member limit) and now there is talk of going back to the 4 gangs.

What am i even reading? Really? lol

I've said it a million times, unlimited gangs would be good but the problem here is that the player count does not support it unfortunately and for those reasons i would stick with the 3-4 gang limit in the first place, stop changing back to something that proved it didn't work in the first place. Smh.

Reasons: It thins the players out.. imagine a raid, it's 2-3, sometimes 4 gangs raiding but let's be honest. It's only 1-2 people per gang that's raiding. How is that a gang? That's just 2 buddy's teaming up together trying to get some kills. A gang is suppose to be a gang, a force that's suppose to come in numbers. With the current layout of gangs, it's not working and it will never work.

What i would do is, if it were me as Gang Admin. Is focus on entertaining gang players, stop trying to be Einstein and coming up with the genius idea and it turns out that it was an idea that's already been tried and failed, just stop.

I would bring it back to 2 Gangs. Reasons: Big rivalry is better than multiple imo. Makes is more fun and determined to beat them. Raiding in numbers which brings bigger battles within the bases. It gives Leaders a bigger role and they will be more determined to Lead because they are at higher risk of losing their gang (Gang Admins need to be hard on them, they don't and this is why there isn't as much activity). Events.. I would make this more fun and interesting. It's simple, A team, B team. A team can't face opposite gang's B team, this makes sure that both teams of players get to play so that 2 gangs and their members get to play. However, the twist is. Events will have a leader board type and the most team wins is required to claim the victorious gang and lift the prizes. So B teams will be required to do well, this makes gang leaders focus even more on who to recruit and let play. We have GUI that gang leaders select the A team and B team and locks it in.. Can not be changed after lock, unless there is good reasoning. This makes gang events more fun and enjoyable and no messing about.

Gang Member Limit. I would make them both unlimited but here is the twist. You can't recruit anyone. Why? Because it will be locked throughout the week. We will only have 1 day where we can recruit new members and lock them in for the week. What's the point of that? Simple, we will also have a gang point limit of 100 and if it's not met by the end of the week, they will be automatically removed by the server so no work is required by the Leader. This wont matter because people don't care? That's fine, once they get removed, they cant get added back to another gang for 1 week so this will make people raid to get the 100 limit just to remain in the gang and collect the EC's for being #1 gang. Now, for the recruiting day.. What if nobody comes online or nobody is online for that day. Well here's the thing, they don't need to be. Make a GUI system where they can request to join so their request will always be there and the gang leader just needs to look through them and accept whoever he wants but of course, this is only active on the day of 'Recruiting Day'.

Gang Bases.. Let's be honest, they are repetitive and people are sick of raiding them day in, day out. So what i would do is, i would create new levels and which up the locations every 2 months or so. Yes, it requires work, but work i don't mind doing because to me it works and it will be a success so it would be worth it. Or you could make 10-15 different levels and have them on a schedule to change automatically. That could also do the job.

New Prizes and rewards need to be created and some updates on the gang shop is also required.

And as Gang Admin, they need to be online having fun with the players. Hosting special events, surprising them with things. Giving them random events, with special prizes. Giving gangs challenges and just general management if you ask me.

I could add more, i could talk about it all day but i know for a fact i am wasting my time, but anyways. I can't help wanting to see this done but i don't believe i'll ever see it done. Forever going in circles.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:43 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Koho is right. In my opinion there should be just 3 gangs though. I like the idea of recruitment day, but I was thinking about the unlimited gang members and the only thing we should restrict is the amount of players that can be on tag at once. I also like the idea of rotating gang bases, I'd be down to help out with an update.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:47 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Welp Koho's right

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:43 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I agree.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Koho is right. In my opinion there should be just 3 gangs though. I like the idea of recruitment day, but I was thinking about the unlimited gang members and the only thing we should restrict is the amount of players that can be on tag at once. I also like the idea of rotating gang bases, I'd be down to help out with an update.

Start with 2, implement what i just said and have people work their asses of for a month or to and whoever runs up the most points, achievements or whatever. Get's to lead the gang. Things like this is what i am talking about, gang admins need to motivate his gang community. It's called management.

Quote:
the only thing we should restrict is the amount of players that can be on tag at once.
This is against what i said. I do not agree with this at all. Like i said, a gang is suppose to be a force, in numbers. Not just a handful or 1 or 2. The more on tag raiding, the better.

You also don't need to rotate gang bases. You just need to rotate the levels within the gang bases. Think about it... People raid BH because they're use to that level, rotate that level to BB and people will start raiding that. It's not about the base, it's about the level. This will solve your problems with getting people to raid other bases.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:15 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Start with 2, implement what i just said and have people work their asses of for a month or to and whoever runs up the most points, achievements or whatever. Get's to lead the gang. Things like this is what i am talking about, gang admins need to motivate his gang community. It's called management.
Okay, does this mean eliminate Era Police? When I was talking about having three total gangs, that did include Era Police.

My idea on recruitment drives (an add-on to your idea):
We as a staff team could choose five players for each gang to start out with and do weekly recruitments based on a submitted applications to join the gang. From here, the current gang members could vote on who could get recruited (since the leader is an unknown atm). Another cool incentive for becoming a gang leader is make an option to allow the new leader to change the name of their gang only once. Since everyone at the moment enjoys having custom gang names.

Also, great idea on having a recruitment day, it's always been annoying to see another player "jump" gangs in the past.

Quote:
This is against what i said. I do not agree with this at all. Like i said, a gang is suppose to be a force, in numbers. Not just a handful or 1 or 2. The more on tag raiding, the better.
Right, just a suggestion on my part. May only be useful for gang events where I'd like to have equal teams. If it was only two gangs though, less likely to be a major issue since every player has their own skill level.

Quote:
You also don't need to rotate gang bases. You just need to rotate the levels within the gang bases. Think about it... People raid BH because they're use to that level, rotate that level to BB and people will start raiding that. It's not about the base, it's about the level. This will solve your problems with getting people to raid other bases.
Oh, that's actually what I was referring too. Easily done, I don't want to physically move the bases around haha. Too much work, but this solution wouldn't require much work on my part and would end up being very successful.

Lastly, thanks for taking the time to write all this down. I've always been against having multiple gangs, it's just a massive pain in the ass to deal with since every manager has the need to change things up.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:10 AM
Maloria Manager
bioboi has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I don't even play anymore and feel like i am wasting my time typing this but sure..

I don't understand why you guys keep coming on and repeating the same things day in, day out. I read the same stuff in every thread and you guys are just going in circles..

You have the 4 gang limit, then change to unlimited gangs (if you pay) then we go back to a 3 gang limit, then we go back to unlimited gangs (if you pay, but with member limit) and now there is talk of going back to the 4 gangs.

What am i even reading? Really? lol

I've said it a million times, unlimited gangs would be good but the problem here is that the player count does not support it unfortunately and for those reasons i would stick with the 3-4 gang limit in the first place, stop changing back to something that proved it didn't work in the first place. Smh.

Reasons: It thins the players out.. imagine a raid, it's 2-3, sometimes 4 gangs raiding but let's be honest. It's only 1-2 people per gang that's raiding. How is that a gang? That's just 2 buddy's teaming up together trying to get some kills. A gang is suppose to be a gang, a force that's suppose to come in numbers. With the current layout of gangs, it's not working and it will never work.

What i would do is, if it were me as Gang Admin. Is focus on entertaining gang players, stop trying to be Einstein and coming up with the genius idea and it turns out that it was an idea that's already been tried and failed, just stop.

I would bring it back to 2 Gangs. Reasons: Big rivalry is better than multiple imo. Makes is more fun and determined to beat them. Raiding in numbers which brings bigger battles within the bases. It gives Leaders a bigger role and they will be more determined to Lead because they are at higher risk of losing their gang (Gang Admins need to be hard on them, they don't and this is why there isn't as much activity). Events.. I would make this more fun and interesting. It's simple, A team, B team. A team can't face opposite gang's B team, this makes sure that both teams of players get to play so that 2 gangs and their members get to play. However, the twist is. Events will have a leader board type and the most team wins is required to claim the victorious gang and lift the prizes. So B teams will be required to do well, this makes gang leaders focus even more on who to recruit and let play. We have GUI that gang leaders select the A team and B team and locks it in.. Can not be changed after lock, unless there is good reasoning. This makes gang events more fun and enjoyable and no messing about.

Gang Member Limit. I would make them both unlimited but here is the twist. You can't recruit anyone. Why? Because it will be locked throughout the week. We will only have 1 day where we can recruit new members and lock them in for the week. What's the point of that? Simple, we will also have a gang point limit of 100 and if it's not met by the end of the week, they will be automatically removed by the server so no work is required by the Leader. This wont matter because people don't care? That's fine, once they get removed, they cant get added back to another gang for 1 week so this will make people raid to get the 100 limit just to remain in the gang and collect the EC's for being #1 gang. Now, for the recruiting day.. What if nobody comes online or nobody is online for that day. Well here's the thing, they don't need to be. Make a GUI system where they can request to join so their request will always be there and the gang leader just needs to look through them and accept whoever he wants but of course, this is only active on the day of 'Recruiting Day'.

Gang Bases.. Let's be honest, they are repetitive and people are sick of raiding them day in, day out. So what i would do is, i would create new levels and which up the locations every 2 months or so. Yes, it requires work, but work i don't mind doing because to me it works and it will be a success so it would be worth it. Or you could make 10-15 different levels and have them on a schedule to change automatically. That could also do the job.

New Prizes and rewards need to be created and some updates on the gang shop is also required.

And as Gang Admin, they need to be online having fun with the players. Hosting special events, surprising them with things. Giving them random events, with special prizes. Giving gangs challenges and just general management if you ask me.

I could add more, i could talk about it all day but i know for a fact i am wasting my time, but anyways. I can't help wanting to see this done but i don't believe i'll ever see it done. Forever going in circles.

Is this being done yet? I'd totally play again if this happened.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:26 PM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioboi View Post
Is this being done yet? I'd totally play again if this happened.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

I although completely disagree with Tim's idea of the "Staff Team" choosing an original 5 and getting people to submit applications. I literally laughed at the idea, although I like that hes trying to think outside of the box, just sounds like a really lame idea.

Koho was right; 2 Gangs, 2 Leaders, Those leaders do as please with their gang, if they do awful, they lose it.

Although I want to add; Don't give a gang to any of the "Soul Family" members, that **** gets super lame and every fan-boy and their fanboy jumps on board.

If you want my opinion, do something completely crazy that could either work out great or completely fail, like using the raffle system and giving the gang to some random kid who payed $10,000 to enter the draw in winning it or something. Great way to take some money out of the horrible economy too.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:59 PM
a true gentlemen
Sorry kids, project denied. Unanimous staff decision.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:46 PM
Quote:

I'd like to call out whoever denied this project and come on this forum and give your reasons. Whoever denied this needs to resign and quit because this clearly shows they know absolutely nothing and this is why this game has no future. It's the truth.

Also where is the 'management' why do they not engage with the forums? Are they for real, this game is a ****ing joke. Complete and utter embarrassment. I am laughing as i type this.. It's hilarious at how retarded they are and then the mods come along and remove messages like this because they are even more retarded.

This game has no future, especially in the hands of people who don't have a clue.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:25 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I'd like to call out whoever denied this project and come on this forum and give your reasons. Whoever denied this needs to resign and quit because this clearly shows they know absolutely nothing and this is why this game has no future. It's the truth.

Also where is the 'management' why do they not engage with the forums? Are they for real, this game is a ****ing joke. Complete and utter embarrassment. I am laughing as i type this.. It's hilarious at how retarded they are and then the mods come along and remove messages like this because they are even more retarded.

This game has no future, especially in the hands of people who don't have a clue.

Unanimous means it was every ones decision, so that's who you're yelling.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:12 AM
Maloria Manager
bioboi has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
You'd think Graal being player run would avoid things like this giving the players what they want, but it seems like all Graal servers in general are being used for personal agenda's rather then the playercount's moral and overall excitement on the server.

Not an insult to you Timothy, I think you're one of the few that actually does things the players would like to see implanted.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
Unanimous means it was every ones decision, so that's who you're yelling.
Actually.. unanimous means of 2 or more, not everyone. Considering the staff team is not that big and they work in groups i am guessing it would of only been that select 2.

So yes, i am yelling at that 2. I want them to come on here and give their reasons as to why they won't do it and if you have a problem with that then do say so, we don't need smartasses going around trying to correct people.
Closed Thread