Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I was thinking nice GUI's to register teams and challenge other players would be a little more convenient (I don't like chat commands) and get new'er' players to actually want to spar if there's new features. I also came up with a different challenge mode. What do you think about shared HP of 200? And to make things interesting the spar could provide weapons to make things be more skill oriented instead of who has the best gun.
The chat command is only to open the GUI, obviously. Lol

All these ideas would work, just add them to the GUI with different options/modes. If you can do it. It would be an awesome update.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:05 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
I actually like what Tim is doing, It seems (Based off of his forum posts) that he is more looking toward pleasing the 'oldbie' player's than the newer players, this is a good idea, new players just stem their personality and opinions off of oldbie's unless they are trolls.

+1 for Timothy!
Old 11-28-2013, 02:09 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
I actually like what Tim is doing, It seems (Based off of his forum posts) that he is more looking toward pleasing the 'oldbie' player's than the newer players, this is a good idea, new players just stem their personality and opinions off of oldbie's unless they are trolls.

+1 for Timothy!
Nothing was released/updated recently by Tim lol

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT

Last edited by TSAdmin; 11-29-2013 at 08:58 AM..
Old 11-29-2013, 09:31 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
Tim moved the spar complex. That's an update

Last edited by TSAdmin; 11-30-2013 at 08:12 AM..
Old 11-30-2013, 07:30 AM
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
So, this thread reminded me that about ~2, maybe 3 now, years ago I made a sort of layout for a spar challenge system I was thinking about creating, or wanted to be created (I wasn't exactly a developer from what I remember so I just mapped it out).

Anyways, I decided to look in the weapons list and sure enough it's still there.

So basically, you decide you want to challenge a player to a regular spar or a bet spar. If you're inside the spar complex, simply right click them and you'll see this option:

You click it and then this pops up

(Those two radio buttons are supposed to be regular/bet spar, didn't look into why that didn't load and just took a picture to show the GUI)

It's pretty simple, you just pick the options you want to set. As you can see, I added quite a bit of options for players.

Anyways, I completely forgot about this even existing until just a few minutes ago after I was scrolling through this thread. I'd be happy to complete it as soon as I have time after finishing up a few other projects I'm working on, it seems like it'd be a fun project, if you guys are interested in seeing it happen.

If not then it can give you guys a sort of idea of how to make/layout whatever spar ideas you've been discussing.

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 11-30-2013, 09:34 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
Isn't ranked spar supposed to balance the HP and speed of each participant?
If so, there is a problem because ranked spar doesn't balance the speed.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:46 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegirlzz View Post
Isn't ranked spar supposed to balance the HP and speed of each participant?
If so, there is a problem because ranked spar doesn't balance the speed.
Should be good now.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:01 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, I remember seeing this in the spar for months but never knowing what it did (Wasn't finished or announced to be made)

I would go ahead and finish it regardless if Tim is working on one of his own, the more the merrier in my opinion, which ever is easier to use/understand/bugless should be added?
Old 12-01-2013, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Yeah, I remember seeing this in the spar for months but never knowing what it did (Wasn't finished or announced to be made)

I would go ahead and finish it regardless if Tim is working on one of his own, the more the merrier in my opinion, which ever is easier to use/understand/bugless should be added?
I added it to the profiles inside the spar when I made the layout years ago as I said and all it did was bring up that menu, it was just to show my idea pretty much because I wanted it made.

I haven't seen Tim update anything on RC so far relating to spars and he isn't on very much so it's hard to tell if he's even working on it at the moment. It'd be pointless to work on it if he's working on something for spars as well, it'd be nothing but a waste of time.

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 12-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon551 View Post
So, this thread reminded me that about ~2, maybe 3 now, years ago I made a sort of layout for a spar challenge system I was thinking about creating, or wanted to be created (I wasn't exactly a developer from what I remember so I just mapped it out).

Anyways, I decided to look in the weapons list and sure enough it's still there.

So basically, you decide you want to challenge a player to a regular spar or a bet spar. If you're inside the spar complex, simply right click them and you'll see this option:

You click it and then this pops up

(Those two radio buttons are supposed to be regular/bet spar, didn't look into why that didn't load and just took a picture to show the GUI)

It's pretty simple, you just pick the options you want to set. As you can see, I added quite a bit of options for players.

Anyways, I completely forgot about this even existing until just a few minutes ago after I was scrolling through this thread. I'd be happy to complete it as soon as I have time after finishing up a few other projects I'm working on, it seems like it'd be a fun project, if you guys are interested in seeing it happen.

If not then it can give you guys a sort of idea of how to make/layout whatever spar ideas you've been discussing.
This would be a good update though not enough people spar let alone betspar. The /sparstats needs updated and given better rewards to encourage more people to get in there to spar. So by updating that and given more experience for betsparing, gives you a better chance at getting a reward = more people sparing and betsparing.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
People play how they choose to play. If not a lot of people are sparring, it doesn't necessarily mean that sparring needs to be insanely incentivised. Perhaps it just means people are off doing other things.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
People play how they choose to play. If not a lot of people are sparring, it doesn't necessarily mean that sparring needs to be insanely incentivised. Perhaps it just means people are off doing other things.

Yes they do but If you look at unstick you will see majority of the player count is not doing anything. I'll give my opinion on that, they are waiting for something to happen. I use to be one of them. Unfortunately nothing ever does happen but you keep coming back hoping that something does. Vicious circle.

If you look at the spar complex, when was the last time anything was updated? exactly. There is your answer.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Yes they do but If you look at unstick you will see majority of the player count is not doing anything.
They gave up trying to get better and attain skill when it was made so skill wasn't required, only a lame weapon was needed to put yourself on-par. And they keep pressing the horizon with those ridiculous gang guns.

When there was few guns, and Uzi/Ak reigned supreme, every second that wasn't spent on raids was spent blocking the spar door trying to get your shot to test your skills. Being that the playing field was fairly even, and the only advantage players could attain was their own ability.

Now there are players, or even entire guilds that refuse to raid against certain odds (whenever Mercenary has 3 people online) or simply cannot raid without ec items/armor/various advantages.

I've noticed, and been contacted (shrimps is getting rich af), that PyroTech and Armor Surpluses at GP/AM have been emptied consistently. The only thing required anymore (to at least pretend you're good) is money.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
They gave up trying to get better and attain skill when it was made so skill wasn't required, only a lame weapon was needed to put yourself on-par. And they keep pressing the horizon with those ridiculous gang guns.

When there was few guns, and Uzi/Ak reigned supreme, every second that wasn't spent on raids was spent blocking the spar door trying to get your shot to test your skills. Being that the playing field was fairly even, and the only advantage players could attain was their own ability.

Now there are players, or even entire guilds that refuse to raid against certain odds (whenever Mercenary has 3 people online) or simply cannot raid without ec items/armor/various advantages.

I've noticed, and been contacted (shrimps is getting rich af), that PyroTech and Armor Surpluses at GP/AM have been emptied consistently. The only thing required anymore (to at least pretend you're good) is money.
I dig that but wheres your suggestion to solve that?
Old 12-02-2013, 01:18 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I dig that but wheres your suggestion to solve that?
.1 freeze
minimum