Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-11-2012, 01:50 AM
roboman43 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb New way of giving Event Prizes

I realize there has been some problems with Event masters having limited rewards from the fear of abusive EMs or what have you, but I have a suggestion to fix all that.

Anyway, what if you had a system where there was some sort of machine inside each event room, or that can be spawned if it's some sort of non-official event. EMs could list the goal, and once this goal has been completed by a player participating in the event, something in the coding would award the player a spin (so EMs don't technically give anything) , and when that player uses the machine, it spins a random item, much like tigbot, only has a higher chance for ECs. This machine could also have parameters set by the EM (anywhere from 1-5 ec, or any item in the game, etc.)

To prevent abusive EMs, anyone on tag would not be able to use the machine, and if they can not use a machine within 10 minutes of being on-tag (so they cant just spawn it, host an event, switch, do it, and win)

Anyways, let me know what you guys think. I was talking with tashkin earlier and he said it was a pretty cool idea.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:16 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboman43 View Post
I realize there has been some problems with Event masters having limited rewards from the fear of abusive EMs or what have you, but I have a suggestion to fix all that.

Anyway, what if you had a system where there was some sort of machine inside each event room, or that can be spawned if it's some sort of non-official event. EMs could list the goal, and once this goal has been completed by a player participating in the event, something in the coding would award the player a spin (so EMs don't technically give anything) , and when that player uses the machine, it spins a random item, much like tigbot, only has a higher chance for ECs. This machine could also have parameters set by the EM (anywhere from 1-5 ec, or any item in the game, etc.)

To prevent abusive EMs, anyone on tag would not be able to use the machine, and if they can not use a machine within 10 minutes of being on-tag (so they cant just spawn it, host an event, switch, do it, and win)

Anyways, let me know what you guys think. I was talking with tashkin earlier and he said it was a pretty cool idea.
would be abusable.. when theres like 3 people on and there just raping the prizes left and right by doing events every 5 minutes till theres no prizes left..
Old 12-11-2012, 03:54 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
A similar system is already in the pipeline.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:18 AM
roboman43 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
A similar system is already in the pipeline.
Cool because a new event prize system is long overdue and that prize limit sure is annoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
would be abusable.. when theres like 3 people on and there just raping the prizes left and right by doing events every 5 minutes till theres no prizes left..
Well to solve that you could put a minimum amt. of players required to star an event or so.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:35 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboman43 View Post
Cool because a new event prize system is long overdue and that prize limit sure is annoying

Well to solve that you could put a minimum amt. of players required to star an event or so.
So all you would really be doing is requiring me to logon more accounts, XD (through vm's).

People as it is don't participate in the events they currently have.. well, sometimes they will shoot for 50% participation which is pretty good if you got 10 of 20 people in an event. If more people played event's.. more events could be hosted.. more prizes could be earned.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:07 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
maybe I'm just being a gamblefiend, but allowing a player a choice of an event coin or more for a very intense event, or a chance at an "Event Tigbot" which has chance of godly items, but 90% garbage... It'd get me into events again!

(for ways to prevent abuse just have an automated /global of what item the player won, a logged system, and perimeters set to not allow one account to use it more than once in an hour)

Old 12-11-2012, 09:03 AM
professional troll
pig132 will become famous soon enough
no matter what type of reward system, there's always going to be a chance to abuse, get used to it already
Old 12-11-2012, 09:11 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
yeah just have a trusted team, only one person abused in the time I was EA (for a year) and it was Dinji_Jinto- I caught him by the time he spawned 55 ec. most of his items were burned in front of him as a punishment, and he was fired. Nobody even thought about it after that

Last edited by Seeya; 12-11-2012 at 10:25 AM..
Old 12-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
yeah just have a trusted team, only one person abused in the time I was EA (for a year) and it was Dinji_Jinto- we caught him by the time he spawned 55 ec. every item he owned was burned in front of him as a punishment, and he was fired. Nobody even thought about it after that
Weren't you that EA who abused his Staff Rights in the first place?

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 12-11-2012, 10:44 AM
ω
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Weren't you that EA who abused his Staff Rights in the first place?

I maintained an active playerbase of 30-40 players during most of the time I was the Events Admin, and played 5-8 hours a day actively -- not sure if you were playing at the time Nico, but there was actual pking and stuff happening. new players joining the Kingdoms and epic wars, fun events taking place, and a solid working economy, not sitting in a trade idling until the next big holiday event..

The economy is dying because of bad item stat choices, and overflow of items incoming from the loads of box-related holiday events... today you said you "don't care" enough to try to get things going or working on serious things..

fyi, I was fired for changing stats on the Satan mask on debug to remove the cold resistance -15 on it prior to release

Old 12-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
fyi, I was fired for changing stats on the Satan mask on debug to remove the cold resistance -15 on it prior to release
No, you got fired for abusing Staff Rights. You make urself look like a fool btw.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:52 AM
ω
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
No, you got fired for abusing Staff Rights. You make urself look like a fool btw.
quite immature to start an argument in a civil thread, don't get coc- ky. I don't think you're that much of an asset to the GK staff team that you can publically insult and defame anyone you're intolerant of

Old 12-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
quite immature to start an argument in a civil thread, don't get ****y. I don't think you're that much of an asset to the GK staff team that you can publically insult and defame someone you're intolerant of
I don't think Im insulting you when saying the truth. Sorry.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:06 AM
ω
you have absolutely no idea of the situation. Unless Tig or Stephen told you what happened I seriously believe you're going off of rumors. You have no reason to harass me as a staff member, maybe you should try to act like one.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
you have absolutely no idea of the situation. Unless Tig or Stephen told you what happened I seriously believe you're going off of rumors. You have no reason to harass me as a staff member, maybe you should try to act like one.
I don't see any harassment though. I just talk normally with you. But Im sure everybody can agree here, that you are always starting to instigate stuff. I dont know why tbh, maybe you are just mad at something? You can always PM me if you want to talk and explain your situation.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.