Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-11-2012, 12:47 AM
vidar is on a distinguished road
the definition of idling.

I personally don't care about idling. leaving it to trade centers the way it's currently written is how it should be imo.
however. i feel the definition of "idling" on graal should be changed from simply not moving to not have any character changes.

for example: when alchemy'ing if done with scrolls in a house u could not move for hours but be constantly busy. either putting in commands reading scrolls inventory changes.
same if your trying to alchemy to level you're casting spells but you're still not moving and being kicked every 15 or so minutes.
ex2: when scroll/ring shopping i like to write scrolls while waiting for the shop to restock. that also requires no actual moving but plenty of command imputing and more inventory changes. but still being kicked.

to sum up. re-write the idling rule to no commands/spell cast/actions or moving after allotted. instead of just not moving. i think this if feasible is a good solution to the idling problem.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:05 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidar View Post
I personally don't care about idling. leaving it to trade centers the way it's currently written is how it should be imo.
however. i feel the definition of "idling" on graal should be changed from simply not moving to not have any character changes.

for example: when alchemy'ing if done with scrolls in a house u could not move for hours but be constantly busy. either putting in commands reading scrolls inventory changes.
same if your trying to alchemy to level you're casting spells but you're still not moving and being kicked every 15 or so minutes.
ex2: when scroll/ring shopping i like to write scrolls while waiting for the shop to restock. that also requires no actual moving but plenty of command imputing and more inventory changes. but still being kicked.

to sum up. re-write the idling rule to no commands/spell cast/actions or moving after allotted. instead of just not moving. i think this if feasible is a good solution to the idling problem.
Blessing weapons should be added to this... Blessing is so slow that you usually always go over that 30 minute marker so you get disconnected. Atleast when you have to bless +9 or higher.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashkin View Post
Blessing weapons should be added to this... Blessing is so slow that you usually always go over that 30 minute marker so you get disconnected. Atleast when you have to bless +9 or higher.
yes. that's another good example.
even if it's bound to a hotkey. /pray (/useskill praying) is a command. if command /preparing and casting spells were added to the moving requirements under the given time frame. this type of tweek could be a good fix for all this "idling" non-sense.

i mean if you're going to idle to to idle and rack up hours do that in trade. or if u wanna do it solo lol maybe make it available like it is but in ones own house? and i like that now when someones idling it actually lets u know.

Last edited by vidar; 02-11-2012 at 01:40 AM..
Old 02-11-2012, 02:00 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
This can be tricky to script, as there is no event triggered when a player's gani changes. Gotta script that custom. As for player changing. I do believe there is an event for things such as Chat, Nick, Outfit, etc..

And you can't just check if the gani changed either. You would have to modify way to much.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:47 AM
Hezzy002 is a jewel in the roughHezzy002 is a jewel in the rough
Just check if there's any mouse/key input..
Old 02-11-2012, 04:16 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezzy002 View Post
Just check if there's any mouse/key input..
Interesting, so what about waterglass for eample? That you don't use mouse buttons.. and basing wether your idling or not on (did the mouse move) would be ridiculas.

Not saying only waterglass, I can't predict the future or if anything else will work similarly.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:53 AM
Hezzy002 is a jewel in the roughHezzy002 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Interesting, so what about waterglass for eample? That you don't use mouse buttons.. and basing wether your idling or not on (did the mouse move) would be ridiculas.

Not saying only waterglass, I can't predict the future or if anything else will work similarly.
I have no idea what you're talking about, but if someone is so enveloped by whatever "waterglass" is for more than 10 minutes on a dead server, I think you've got bigger problems.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:09 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezzy002 View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about, but if someone is so enveloped by whatever "waterglass" is for more than 10 minutes on a dead server, I think you've got bigger problems.
Agreed. But I refuse to make "assumptions" that the server will never have mouse movement (but no mouse button) scripts similar to waterglass or several minigames I have seen scripted
Old 02-11-2012, 06:23 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Agreed. But I refuse to make "assumptions" that the server will never have mouse movement (but no mouse button) scripts similar to waterglass or several minigames I have seen scripted
You know waterglass also involves moving, right?

Old 02-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
You know waterglass also involves moving, right?

Of course it does. However, I was only talking about the bubble part of it as an example to the types of input that do not require buttons/clicks/etc of that nature.

I'll just throw out some other examples.

Say you have a minigame added. A ball bounces up and down.. You have to keep it from touching the ground by moving mouse under the ball and it will bounce off the cursor.. such a script qould casue 2 conflicts..

1) you would dc for not moving and prevent you from highscore..
2) you would go idle for not clicking or pressing a key..

im just throwing this out as a quick example.. while i do not think anything like this would ever be a problem on gk.. I just like scripting with caution like that
Old 02-19-2012, 05:17 AM
so really can readying a command, spell, or skill, be considered "moving"? to prevent server kicks while doing things that don't require much moving. such as blessing and alchemy'ing.