Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 04:06 AM
Social Worker
water95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Era more noob friendly

I can't say I necessarily agree with this, but my little trial friend wanted to get this out but can't post on the forums.

"That The trial of Graal is really not that fun because all of the experienced members just destroy me (im assuming, others) a noob only place would make the trail a lot more fun for we would be playing with people our skill, still learning the game insted of people who have great guns, and not get totally destroyed.
" -Graal793442
Old 10-13-2011, 05:52 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
I'm not 100% sure, but i think despite the warnings, you CAN make a forum account with trial ones.

he's speaking for a noob only zone?
I agree with his opinion, but think that he perhaps hasn't taken it far enough. Era should be taking much greater measures to be much more noob friendly.

There is no tutorial, no introduction, no anything. You spawn in the middle of a world with a thousand people that just shoot you and yell **** you. I'm surprised we have any new people at all.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:43 AM
LordBryson is an unknown quantity at this point
When I first started playing era which wasn't that long ago I was lost and I tried to ask players to help me but they just told me to follow them then they killed me.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:46 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBryson View Post
When I first started playing era which wasn't that long ago I was lost and I tried to ask players to help me but they just told me to follow them then they killed me.
good times.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:07 AM
Animations Artist On Era
ChainGang_DX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ChainGang_DX
lmfaooooo!!!!

Scoper Zephlyn (Sat Oct 15 14:53:42 2011):
owned.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Agreed, Being a noob on Era makes you come, but makes you leave after 5 minutes of playing.. You have nothing, and when you start making some cash you get killed all the time.

Btw chaingang, what your ''*****'' at?
Old 10-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
The only times I ever made it for more than a minute outside the hospital was when a kindly staff member stuck me on a roof or surrounded me with gun wielding security guards to protect me from getting my freshly laundered cape from being shredded.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
90% of era's active players r terrible pkers, that's because nobody spars anymore...id get my ass kicked sparring (as everyone initially) when i started but it's the best way to become a decent pker. u dont necesserily need to like sparring, i honestly prefer raiding cuz sparring requires a lot of patience and is relatively simple since ur only focusing on 1 opponent in a square box
Old 10-13-2011, 07:11 PM
world-class douchebag
RogueShatterblade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RogueShatterblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
There is no tutorial, no introduction, no anything. You spawn in the middle of a world with a thousand people that just shoot you and yell **** you. I'm surprised we have any new people at all.
Graal has been this way since jump street. Don't think we've ever really had much of a problem.

Anyone who takes a look at the tutorial that's on the server (which is pretty damn nice, by the way, whoever made that), can get their **** together quickly.

*Bell: I'm going to faint, Ocelot turned into a real human being. One I can actually have some respect for.

Last edited by TSAdmin; 10-14-2011 at 01:43 AM.. Reason: Swear filter - Don't evade it.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Mr. Steal Yo Girl
Gambet1337 is an unknown quantity at this point
Era does not need a tutorial because there is no concept...lol
make money and buy guns that is all you need to know :s
and for questions ask a PR

-OFFTOPIC- btw we should reinstate the FAQ position on Era for trials(I don't remember why we removed it but they are very useful)
Old 10-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
There is a tutorial on the way apparently.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Here is your tutorial: Grab a trash picker, make money for a shovel shovel for Dual mk23s, go to spar and spar your little ass off non stop, study the map, both by traveling and pressing M, meet a group of players of the same caliber (New players).

Above all: Download V6 (If you run with low fps)
Old 10-13-2011, 09:11 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
There is a tutorial on the way apparently.
They assigned it to me but at this point I'm probably not going to finish it, although a lot of it is already done from when I started it before. I don't think throwing more scripts at Era right now is going to fix it. They seem to be planning on reusing all the old, terrible scripts after the reset, and I don't really want to be a part of that.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Social Worker
water95 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think if their is a noob only zone they will never leave. This way they will never learn the tactics of Era and be noobs for the rest of their Era lives. Eventually they will invite their friends and make Era practically a facebook with guns that aren't used. Then, how can you restrict other players from coming in? What labels you as a noob? Somebody with 500 hours could still be considered a noob. I don't know. I agree with Scooper, their are other ways Era could approach becoming more noob friendly but not this.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:09 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by water95 View Post
I think if their is a noob only zone they will never leave. This way they will never learn the tactics of Era and be noobs for the rest of their Era lives. Eventually they will invite their friends and make Era practically a facebook with guns that aren't used. Then, how can you restrict other players from coming in? What labels you as a noob? Somebody with 500 hours could still be considered a noob. I don't know. I agree with Scooper, their are other ways Era could approach becoming more noob friendly but not this.
Completely avoidable. After X many hours, they can be booted from the level and begin for real. While still keeping the money/items they acquired in noob zone.