Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 01:45 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShatterblade View Post
If you ask me (and you aren't, nobody does), it seems like events should be special. A compliment to the game rather than just another daily facet.

I mean damn, when I started KotH, ran it either once a week or once every two weeks, I forget. I'd say more than half the server participated. We joined Era for the community, not for whoring ECs. Right?

Quality over quantity.
Yep. They might as well stop calling them "events" at this point.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:30 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShatterblade View Post
If you ask me (and you aren't, nobody does), it seems like events should be special. A compliment to the game rather than just another daily facet.

I mean damn, when I started KotH, ran it either once a week or once every two weeks, I forget. I'd say more than half the server participated. We joined Era for the community, not for whoring ECs. Right?

Quality over quantity.
Go to UN for your so called community, but you enjoy a good fight, don't you?
Old 08-11-2011, 02:39 AM
world-class douchebag
RogueShatterblade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RogueShatterblade
...stop embarrassing yourself, one, and don't let your retardation spill over into ANOTHER thread, two.

i never particularly picked a fight with you in the previous thread. i stated a relatively non-combative opinion in the form of constructive criticism. chill out.

*Bell: I'm going to faint, Ocelot turned into a real human being. One I can actually have some respect for.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:44 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
This really all comes down to whoever the Events Admin is. I saw an application someone had to fill out for an ET position and it stated that every ET hired must host 7 hours at least, each. I'm not sure how big the events team is, but even a couple of people who are required to host 7 hours each, minimum, makes up for a good 28+ hours (this is assuming only 4 are on the team), 4 hours of events per day, 7 days a week. The only reason events should be spanning over 4 hours per day is if it's 4 hours solid and a "Big event". Even then, it should only be 1 or 2 days of such a big event.

Furthermore, by putting such emphasis on how many hours an ET must accumulate in order to secure their position for the following week, you insight competition within the team. Not always a bad thing to have internal competition, but when it's at the expense of the general community, it is a bad thing. Just because Johnny Eventsman wants to make sure he has the most hours over other ETs to look good, he'll host 30 hours a week. That's about the same as a Part-Time job IRL. Too much is too much.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 08-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
This really all comes down to whoever the Events Admin is. I saw an application someone had to fill out for an ET position and it stated that every ET hired must host 7 hours at least, each. I'm not sure how big the events team is, but even a couple of people who are required to host 7 hours each, minimum, makes up for a good 28+ hours (this is assuming only 4 are on the team), 4 hours of events per day, 7 days a week. The only reason events should be spanning over 4 hours per day is if it's 4 hours solid and a "Big event". Even then, it should only be 1 or 2 days of such a big event.

Furthermore, by putting such emphasis on how many hours an ET must accumulate in order to secure their position for the following week, you insight competition within the team. Not always a bad thing to have internal competition, but when it's at the expense of the general community, it is a bad thing. Just because Johnny Eventsman wants to make sure he has the most hours over other ETs to look good, he'll host 30 hours a week. That's about the same as a Part-Time job IRL. Too much is too much.
The requirement is 7 hours, yes.

With your problem of people hogging hours -- it's very valid, has become a major problem in the past. As such, there's a rule where if a person has their hours (say i have 10) and someone else who doesn't have them asks to host, they gotta get off and let the other person make their hours.

I don't see events as being hosted too often, and from what i can tell, neither does the major majority of Era. Events have changed, just like every other aspect of Era, and evolved into an integral part of the server. It gives people something to do that isn't (always) straight PKing.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5596321 View Post
This so many times over, this is one of the things that triggered Zones downfall. The amount of events being hosted and how many prizes were being given out were just absured.

I remember logging off Zone and logging back in about six hours and still saw the same ET hosting.
zone died cuz when u log on there r 0 ppl on iricia which was the only fun part of zone

and the value of ecs is worthless now because of the eventbot/too many non-pk events being hosted, i managed to buy 2 flaks, bow, lightsabre, 400 cookies in 4-5months
Old 08-11-2011, 11:52 PM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
zone died cuz when u log on there r 0 ppl on iricia which was the only fun part of zone
Be more ****ing stupid, seriously.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:46 AM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
The requirement is 7 hours, yes.

With your problem of people hogging hours -- it's very valid, has become a major problem in the past. As such, there's a rule where if a person has their hours (say i have 10) and someone else who doesn't have them asks to host, they gotta get off and let the other person make their hours.

I don't see events as being hosted too often, and from what i can tell, neither does the major majority of Era. Events have changed, just like every other aspect of Era, and evolved into an integral part of the server. It gives people something to do that isn't (always) straight PKing.
Hm, I'm wondering.
Take your pick,
Are you:
A. Blind
B. Deaf
C. Crazy

You are justifying the massive amounts of events being hosted because these events have participants.
Hush,
If an event is hosted, people will play it.
That's not anything new. You didn't cause this by anything you did, its always been that way. You haven't granted any valuable service.

The problem in the past was:
# of Events Hosted (Not Enough on regular basis)
# Time of Events Hosted (Never at server Prime-Time)
# of Coins Needed For Event Coins (Unbalanced Costs with Avg. Pace)

The Problems since you've became Admin:
# of Events Hosted (Too Much On A Regular Basis)
# Time of Events Hosted (Obstructs other activities)
# of Coins Needed For Events Coins (Still Unbalanced)

Your solutions:
Events are now hosted at server prime times.... and every other time.

Do you catch our drift here?
Just because people play, doesn't mean you're doing a good job.
The Gang System, in its current state is set for self-destruction, that's a given.
However, your mass-event hosting is just speeding up this process.
Event Coins are practically becoming worthless.
Despite the number of participants now, if this trend continues,
Even that aspect will drastically decrease.
People take for granted what they often/easily receive.

Hence why we are suggesting:
Find a logical and balanced pace of event hosting.
If you want, we'll even spoon feed one to you, if its too hard.
Jesus Christ, there's no scripting involved, it's not rocket science.

@TK:
Shut up.
For christ sake, I've never seen someone so horrible at pking / sparring talk SO much about the most retarded accomplishments.

You were able to buy a thousand proxi mines and p4s and lay them everywhere in a base because they didn't hurt you when set-off... congratulations? A brain dead monkey can do that.

You are, were, and will be a terrible pker / sparrer.
Hence why, you don't even do either anymore.
Shut up. <- DO IT.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 08-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
People playing in an event we host does not justify them being right to host on their own, but whenever events aren't being hosted everyone complains. I could show you the pm logs, but going through every person that's ever said 'host an event' would be a pain. Furthermore, I don't really owe you that

this whole argument started (if you dont just classify it as donark *****ing like always) because era is a PKing server, and blah blah blah. More ECs in the economy devalues the ECs themselves, yes, but it also provides for more items to be used for PKing. Last time i checked, fireworks and misc. toys aside, everything in the EC shop was used for PKing

What other activities do events interrupt, since you didn't mention? If you're referring to the gang system, you yourself said it was doomed to failure. Doesn't seem like something to care much about.

None of the ETs are here to fit event coins into an already broken economy. They exist to provide a service to the players of Era, something to do to pass the time while they play as an alternative to PKing, moneygrinding, or idling at unstick me.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Quote:
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
Hm, I'm wondering.
Take your pick,
Are you:
A. Blind
B. Deaf
C. Crazy

You are justifying the massive amounts of events being hosted because these events have participants.
Hush,
If an event is hosted, people will play it.
That's not anything new. You didn't cause this by anything you did, its always been that way. You haven't granted any valuable service.

The problem in the past was:
# of Events Hosted (Not Enough on regular basis)
# Time of Events Hosted (Never at server Prime-Time)
# of Coins Needed For Event Coins (Unbalanced Costs with Avg. Pace)

The Problems since you've became Admin:
# of Events Hosted (Too Much On A Regular Basis)
# Time of Events Hosted (Obstructs other activities)
# of Coins Needed For Events Coins (Still Unbalanced)

Your solutions:
Events are now hosted at server prime times.... and every other time.

Do you catch our drift here?
Just because people play, doesn't mean you're doing a good job.
The Gang System, in its current state is set for self-destruction, that's a given.
However, your mass-event hosting is just speeding up this process.
Event Coins are practically becoming worthless.
Despite the number of participants now, if this trend continues,
Even that aspect will drastically decrease.
People take for granted what they often/easily receive.

Hence why we are suggesting:
Find a logical and balanced pace of event hosting.
If you want, we'll even spoon feed one to you, if its too hard.
Jesus Christ, there's no scripting involved, it's not rocket science.

@TK:
Shut up.
For christ sake, I've never seen someone so horrible at pking / sparring talk SO much about the most retarded accomplishments.

You were able to buy a thousand proxi mines and p4s and lay them everywhere in a base because they didn't hurt you when set-off... congratulations? A brain dead monkey can do that.

You are, were, and will be a terrible pker / sparrer.
Hence why, you don't even do either anymore.
Shut up. <- DO IT.
man, rly stfu
i wish id filmed me flawing u with rpg several times, remember how ud always pm me how terrible i was? lol there was a week u had negative pts
im not saying im better than u but ive prlly owned u more times than ne1 on era
Old 08-12-2011, 03:02 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
this whole argument started (if you dont just classify it as donark *****ing like always)
sorry that you're a ****ty eta
Old 08-12-2011, 07:16 PM
world-class douchebag
ITT mads

*Bell: I'm going to faint, Ocelot turned into a real human being. One I can actually have some respect for.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:54 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
who cries over events? wtf you act like people raid anyway..theres nothing else to do on era Scoper is a saviour...keeping all of us from dying from boringness
Old 08-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Still wasting time here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegirlzz View Post
who cries over events? wtf you act like people raid anyway..theres nothing else to do on era Scoper is a saviour...keeping all of us from dying from boringness
I'm going to catch hell because you said that Zzz

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-12-2011, 09:21 PM
world-class douchebag
if there aren't people raiding on a regular basis than there's a lot more wrong with Era than i thought

admins get at me