Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Smile Europa - Back for the last time.

So me and vinks where fooling around like usual on a UC server and I asked if I could have a sneak peek at Europa. It is obviously still the bright glimmering server full of graphics and happiness it was a few months ago, but vinks gave up on that a long time ago. He has agreed, however, to bring Europa back for one final attempt. Neither him nor I want all of that hard work go to waste and to be honest, I don't think any of you want to see it either. So, cutting out all the serious stuff and hardcore development, we are bringing it back as a "playground".
Nothing too serious and no developing deep into the early ours of the morning. It is purely just for fun. But we are missing one vital ingredient in our big cake mix. You guys! Come help us relight Europa's candle and enjoy yourself!

SEE YA THERE!Or i will shoot you.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
All the hard work didn't go to waste? He gave all of his graphics to the public.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Banned
ThomV is an unknown quantity at this point
Yep, feel free joining us in the venture of making this the crappiest, but fun server!

Although it wouldn't hurt having some form of direction, you're allowed to test and experiment as much as you'd like.

Virtually everyone is allowed. As long as you have fun with it, you're welcome.

I think this applies very well for the decision in change of course:
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134264071

Just disabled staffonly.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:37 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
I could have sworn, Thom, that Emera was one of the 'reasons' that Europa didn't work out in the first place. What happened? Did the little **** manage to get some manners?
Old 08-09-2011, 12:42 AM
Delterian Hybrid
<---Epic animation.

Last edited by Emera; 08-09-2011 at 08:48 AM..
Old 08-09-2011, 01:07 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
I could have sworn, Thom, that Emera was one of the 'reasons' that Europa didn't work out in the first place. What happened? Did the little **** manage to get some manners?
Every sinner has a future, and every saint has a past.

It's not like he's manager or anything. The reason Europa didn't work out was because of my management skills and stability (or the lack thereof). I was too attached to the results and I set the bars too high for myself.

I really have no attachment to where the server is going anymore. Which I think is more healthy on Graal. From my experience every current or past succesful server (apart from G2k1, G2k2/GK and Zone) started out this way.

Unholy Nation for example has no well thought-out concept at all. It's revolved around doing events, sparring, random fun stuff and whatnot. And it works, it works perfectly within Graal.

I am not however saying don't go for quality, not at all. It's just not a necessity.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:18 AM
Banned
If anyone has a different view on the concept, please let me know.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:08 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
there has to be a name for this mental disorder
Old 08-09-2011, 03:24 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Who cares? Let him waste his time. Server looks ugly anyways, someone had to say it.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:48 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
there has to be a name for this mental disorder
You're probably thinking bipolar. I don't blame you. Perhaps if you'd ever attempt to aim for something higher, more challenging and rewarding around here you'd taste a glimpse of it. And instead to try and spread words of encouragement or constructive critisism to promote productivity in the community. Must be very comfortable for you.

Of course what I'm saying isn't popular, can't say the same for your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
Who cares? Let him waste his time. Server looks ugly anyways, someone had to say it.
Define wasting time. If one enjoys doing something, I don't consider it wasting time.

You probably only bothered looking at the start level, it is outdated. I have the new imagery backed up somewhere. If so, I agree.

If not, luckily we're all entitled to our own opinion and thanks for being honest.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:03 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomV View Post
You're probably thinking bipolar. I don't blame you. Perhaps if you'd ever attempt to aim for something higher, more challenging and rewarding around here you'd taste a glimpse of it. And instead to try and spread words of encouragement or constructive critisism to promote productivity in the community. Must be very comfortable for you.

Of course what I'm saying isn't popular, can't say the same for your posts.
I was referring to the fact that you're doing a project for a week and then completely anti-graal and banned the next. This isn't even one instance that I'm talking about, this is like your third account in the past year with the other two banned. What gives?

I've spread enough words of encouragement and constructive criticism to make up for my negativity. It's only human to disregard the positive and remember the negative, though, so I don't blame you for thinking that I'm always negative.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
I was referring to the fact that you're doing a project for a week and then completely anti-graal and banned the next. This isn't even one instance that I'm talking about, this is like your third account in the past year with the other two banned. What gives?

I've spread enough words of encouragement and constructive criticism to make up for my negativity. It's only human to disregard the positive and remember the negative, though, so I don't blame you for thinking that I'm always negative.
This was because he kept going full steam ahead. He burned himself out. I remember somebody saying this will happen. He is going to take it easy from now on.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:07 AM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
Yea, I sense troubled children
Old 08-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Banned
Quote:

Never just one week. I've never been anti-Graal either. Just against Stefan's and Unixmad's approach to managing it. At times I may have spoken my mind to loudly. As for drastic changes in developing and managing, I needed to know what works for me and what works for Graal.

Vinka is still my main account, he will he globally unbanned in 4 days and I'll return to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alskdjfhg View Post
Yea, I sense troubled children
We're doing just fine. I wonder why you're still frustrated for me banning you on Europa though.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Kavan
iBeatz will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to iBeatz
Sounds like a new Testbed server.

Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings.