Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Zeross is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemanfred View Post
If admins don't play the game they can't see what is really wrong, though. .
So they see what is really wrong by never logging on? -_- The logic is flawless, can't argue with that. N1
Old 05-02-2011, 10:25 AM
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
if i was guns admin all guns would shoot in random directions at all times including back at you. thats fun right?
Old 05-02-2011, 10:32 PM
****arus
xTcDiabloxTc is on a distinguished road
Wil playing the game has nothing to do with why he hasn't been hired.

He's never been 100% trustworthy (from what I've witnessed with PWA/local staff discussion), and tends to be pushy and aggressive (traits people don't want to work with). Just being honest.

That said, he actually would make a good Gang/Business/Gun Admin if it came down to just making decisions/implementing ideas and not the politics of it all.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:19 AM
Maybe Pushy and Aggressive is exactly whats needed. =oooooooooooooooo
Old 05-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTcDiabloxTc View Post
That said, he actually would make a good Gang/Business/Gun Admin if it came down to just making decisions/implementing ideas and not the politics of it all.
You're not going to avoid politics with any position, Icarus. You cannot please everyone. However, the better question would be if he can serve in a fair manner.

Decisions should be made on the best interests of the server, which of course is the "ideal" situation, however, from what I have seen, the positions of GBA or Guns Administrator have always failed. What makes you think anyone else can fix it?

As stated earlier, instead of making it separate positions, making it unified into one person, I believe, would be the most efficient use of such a position. However, I do not think in reality, such a position will work as well as in the "ideal" world.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 05-04-2011, 05:59 AM
I think it will work better. This world is far smaller and less complex.
Just needs to be worked right, . The problem with people in these positions is that they played too much politics. It allowed them to keep their job but limited their performance which defeats the purpose. =oooo
Old 05-16-2011, 02:51 AM
-Graal's LAT-
CatMater is on a distinguished road
Basically what should occur is fixing the guns to where the pricing of guns is correct to the stats of the guns. That way the chain of guns from lower to higher isn't based on the stats but the price of the gun. So if the price is lower for the gun, then its not as good. Yes there can be different damages on guns but they can be slower or not as fast to reload. Which is sparing makes a difference. That way its an easier to tell which guns are better and wont have a problem in the future. Base the guns off their ammo and start from there. Then you must start with the stats and what the guns speed, accuracy, etc. is going to end up being. It isn't about which guns better anymore. Its about the pricing of the guns to know you have a better gun. That way you wont have to worry about who's the best player. But who has the best guns.
Example : Mp40>M4
M4 is worth more but Mp40 is better.
I could easily fix all the guns on era to stand correctly to the price they are and make them better stated to where they are easier or harder to PK with. It depends on the pricing and how the gun is IRL. This is our Era of time yet it is our race. The one suited better with the equipment wins the race.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:43 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
i think there should be one person for guns admin the one person for business

i never seen will be in a business like idk thought i been gone for 2 years
like Amber would make a good business Admin cuz she knows what it takes to make a business successful
Old 05-16-2011, 06:50 PM
hunterhunk is on a distinguished road
Instead of talking about balancing guns according to their price... We should be talking about REBALANCING every single gun on the server.... Yes, pretty much every single gun needs to be re-done on some sort of scale.

Having all of these .05 freeze guns really takes away from the skill aspect of the game.

Every gun should be at least .1 freeze, and all 25 damage guns should be at least .15, you should also have it so all 2 bullet shot guns either have a small clip and a high reload time, or a high freeze or really low rate of fire. Regardless guns right now are seriously ridiculous, and all guns need to be re-balanced and re-scaled. Then you can talk about making sure the stats fit their price range.... Well I guess those kind of go hand in hand, but regardless they need to be fixed.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
What exactly do they do? I heard they decide the stats for the guns and what not. But, really, if this is true you could have noobs do this job lol.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:24 PM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterhunk View Post
you should also have it so all 2 bullet shot guns either have a small clip and a high reload time, or a high freeze or really low rate of fire..
Sounds pretty good, but you need to elaborate on that. Those suggestions are pretty mixed up.

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 05-17-2011, 03:40 AM
hunterhunk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkldogg View Post
Sounds pretty good, but you need to elaborate on that. Those suggestions are pretty mixed up.
I'm saying that you have to find some sort of bigger flaw for 2 bullet guns that makes them different that other 20 damage non 2 bullets weapons.

For example:

DR's current stats:
Damage: 20
Rate of Fire: 0.22
Freeze: 0.12
Reload: 0.36
Spread: 0.04 (4.58°)

What you could do to fix this for a new balance is

Rate of Fire: 0.41
Freeze: 0.14 (doesn't really matter anyway)
Reload: 0.5-.6
Spread: 0.04 (4.58°)

keep the spread low, make it semi automatic again, and keep a low spread for it, and make its clip smaller

Shipka's current stats:
Gun Stats for 'Shipka':
Rate of Fire: 0.35
Freeze: 0.12
Reload: 0.36
Spread: 0.08 (9.16°)

What we could do with this
Gun Stats for 'Shipka':
Rate of Fire: 0.45-.5 (SINCE IT'S AUTO)
Freeze: 0.14 (doesn't matter same anyway)
Reload: 0.5-.6
Spread: 0.05

Since shipka has a tiny bit more spread, give it a little smaller clip than the DR.

ACR stats:
Rate of Fire: 0.3
Freeze: 0.05
Reload: 0.4
Spread: 0.09 (10.31°)

What ACR should be
Rate of Fire: 0.4
Freeze: 0.14
Reload: 0.6
Spread: 0.03

Give it a small clip due to it being faster than the other ones, but it's more expensive

but regardless, 2 bullet guns are seriously overpowered if you know how to use them

that's what you can do with 2 bullet guns, just a basic blueprint/idea

Or you could change the damage of the weapons too.

Edit: This is for when you re-scale guns, the only immediate nerf at this point in time should be the ACR. Just throwing it out there.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:57 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
is this really a position on Era?
Yea they also have a Gang Admin and a Business Admin.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:58 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
good thing slash isnt and will never be guns admin
Old 05-17-2011, 06:00 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
I'll take the job.

jk

but srsly..