Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Hazard to Graal
Jiroxys7 will become famous soon enough
Few RC suggestions...

1. When you click near a "(", ")", "{", or "}", it usually highlights the opposite one, however, if there are too many lines between it and the closing bracket, it will not be highlighted when you scroll down to find it. This can make the following situation very frustrating:

2. In long functions with a bit of nesting, if there is not a matching "}" for a "{", you will get the message "Script Compiler output for <scriptname>: error: unexpected token: at line <line>" It's easy to spend close to an hour trying to seek out where the "}" needs to go in such scripts. Is it possible to get a message that points out which opening bracket is missing it's closing bracket?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:32 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Images on the GUI layers look strangely distorted when their x/y coordinate(s) has/have any decimals in them (like 200.5 or something). This is pretty annoying considering that such values come up quite frequently when using formulas like "GraalControl.width / 2" to get the center of the main window. Images on GUI layers should just stick to the "pixel grid", auto-convert to integer values; whatever you want to call it.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:44 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiroxys7 View Post
2. In long functions with a bit of nesting, if there is not a matching "}" for a "{", you will get the message "Script Compiler output for <scriptname>: error: unexpected token: at line <line>" It's easy to spend close to an hour trying to seek out where the "}" needs to go in such scripts. Is it possible to get a message that points out which opening bracket is missing it's closing bracket?
This is a problem best solved by proper styling/indentation not the compiler.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:39 PM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
"Graal6Setup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." When I try to install the latest version of V6
Old 05-12-2011, 09:37 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by alskdjfhg View Post
"Graal6Setup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." When I try to install the latest version of V6
Rename it to Graal6.exe (or whatever really), and put it in it's own folder.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:59 PM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Rename it to Graal6.exe (or whatever really), and put it in it's own folder.
Thanks
Old 05-14-2011, 03:38 AM
Workin' on It
PhilSmith is on a distinguished road
what exactly did you end up renaming it? Im having the same problem
Old 05-14-2011, 03:49 AM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilSmith View Post
what exactly did you end up renaming it? Im having the same problem
I've named it Graal, Graal_, GraalV6, etc. You might be experiencing a different problem though.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:57 AM
Workin' on It
PhilSmith is on a distinguished road
I seem to be having a different problem like you said. I suppose I'll have to investigate it further.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Masa will become famous soon enough
Just updated to the newest V6 beta.
It looks like I am unable to view the playerlist. As seen in the screenshot the active window is the playerlist, however nothing shows.

Running on Vista Home Premium 32Bit

Old 05-16-2011, 09:24 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa View Post
Just updated to the newest V6 beta.
It looks like I am unable to view the playerlist. As seen in the screenshot the active window is the playerlist, however nothing shows.

Running on Vista Home Premium 32Bit

This is a strange problem some people are experiencing. We're looking into how to fix it right now. In order to fix it for now though, open your Graal folder, go to scriptfiles/playerlistoptions.txt and delete the entries of: lastwindowx, lastwindowy, lastwindoww, and lastwindowh. Then start Graal again.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 05-17-2011, 02:12 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
playerlists work fine on win7 64 bit

It's genius.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Got Milk?
WarLord2004 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Windows 7 - Ultimate (64 Bit)

Seems normal to me so far no issues and working playerlist

Old 05-19-2011, 02:40 AM
Got Milk?
WarLord2004 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Hmm well since i been using v6 first time i closed it in almost 3-4 days i have used v6 before but on a older pc.

Anyways i closed the client to turn my system off giving her a days rest so i decided to load it back up last night and started graal but notice nothing happened. So i quickly decided to Alt Tab to check my processes and saw nothing running related to graal.
However i rename the client.exe thinking it was trying to merge with my old graal client.
It worked
But then i closed it again to try it with the same rename name i used and it didn't load at all so i renamed it again and it works?
Tried it about 4-6 times always has to rename it?

Anyways not sure if this been reported before but just letting you'll know.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Might be some weird anti-virus checker or so?

Tags
graal v6, windows