Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-11-2011, 02:40 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Code your own server-list, submit it to Stefan, ???.

PWA have no control over that kind of thing anyway, don't know why you would expect them to do it.
Cuz they are in charge of Graal and I think that they should try to help Graal. If they are unwilling to try to help Graal,(not neccessarily with this in particular, but in general) then they should be fired straightaway.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:49 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Graal login and serverlist need to stop relying so heavily on GUI's -- it's very boring to look at.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:57 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Graal login and serverlist need to stop relying so heavily on GUI's -- it's very boring to look at.
What would feel more Graal-like would be a little level (each person is alone in the level) where you walk though doorway labled "Zodiac, Unholy Nation, Era, Graal Kingdoms, etc." that take you to the server you need to be in. There could be a logo above this level, with small buttons below it with things like "Options, Forums, Install Packages, Log out", etc.

I will make a quick mockup in a few minutes
Old 04-11-2011, 03:15 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
What would feel more Graal-like would be a little level (each person is alone in the level) where you walk though doorway labled "Zodiac, Unholy Nation, Era, Graal Kingdoms, etc." that take you to the server you need to be in. There could be a logo above this level, with small buttons below it with things like "Options, Forums, Install Packages, Log out", etc.

I will make a quick mockup in a few minutes
I'm pretty sure we understand what you mean.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:31 AM
the KattMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullify View Post
I'm pretty sure we understand what you mean.
I'm too bored not to do it.

Something along the lines of...

The buttons in the top left would be guilds, forums, install packages, options, etc.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:57 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
If people want it *shrug* sounds like way too much input to change servers though.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:01 AM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
I like the added features such as the guilds, forums, etc. But I do not like the bottom part, I would much rather have a simple list to choose my server from. While I do agree the log in screen needs revamped, it should remain simple, as it is in fact a log in screen.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:11 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
No PWA cares enough about Graal to do this?
It's not about caring, it's about it not being their jobs, having the manpower, and even the rights to do such a thing.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:11 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd want to see something like this... https://api.heroku.com/login

Except:

1. Slap a green-theme on it.
2. Use a pleasant Graal level for the background.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:25 AM
Workin' on It
PhilSmith is on a distinguished road
I'd also like to see something different, but simple. I like the customizable serverlist idea. But perhaps that's too far. Meh, I'll think up ideas later.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:26 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
I actually rather liked MattKan's idea (Please don't stone me for this!)

I mean, it'd add a sense of interactivity to the game, you could even just make a lobby where when you walk into one of those doors, you would be serverwarped to that server.

As I type this and on second thought, I'm all for it.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:29 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
I actually rather liked MattKan's idea (Please don't stone me for this!)

I mean, it'd add a sense of interactivity to the game, you could even just make a lobby where when you walk into one of those doors, you would be serverwarped to that server.

As I type this and on second thought, I'm all for it.
Actually I slightly like it if it had the chat-room idea like a login server.. few places to go into and talk to people at..

It would even show others how much they could care less if its a server or not and that they are only on to talk to friends. :]

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-11-2011, 05:32 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
Actually I slightly like it if it had the chat-room idea like a login server.. few places to go into and talk to people at..

It would even show others how much they could care less if its a server or not and that they are only on to talk to friends. :]
Not only that, but it'd actually be a very extremely simple idea.

Make a level, use some tileset for login, maybe add a couple rooms to chat, Even allow all heads n such to be used, don't give it any entertainment value or anything, just allow it to let people who try the game to browse all that there is to offer, maybe a spar if there really needs to be any form of entertainment and make a confirmation before going into a server (and a "Don't show this again" checkbox on said confirmation) and we'd have one hell of a nice login for the game, along with adding professionalism to boot!

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:29 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I'd want to see something like this... https://api.heroku.com/login

Except:

1. Slap a green-theme on it.
2. Use a pleasant Graal level for the background.
Agree. +1

When it comes to server selection, I think it should be minimal interaction. Once a server is selected, you should be able to make it remember your choice and skip the list entirely next time. (The server list could be looked at again by opening it in whatever server you're on).

The one "tough issue" in my mind is how to help people choose the right server: How to provide enough information without overloading them. I think perhaps providing some screenshots and maybe even videos of servers could help this, but again, to do this while keeping it simple.

Either way, this is a fairly big design project and is definitely an important one. But not as big as the website .
Old 04-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Maybe an animated one were you over your mouse over the server image and it pops up with a box with info in. SWEET IDEA<<<