Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 03:58 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
No idea why you're quoting me when I didn't even bring it up (probably eager to argue with me) but they're both placing everyone else at an unfair disadvantage. Both are questionable, and if neither are provoked, don't expect either to change.
I quoted you because you quoted Sales, who had mentioned players who were using "speed tools" to increase the framerate of Graal. You, in your message, said someone had recently been banned for that, which is apparently reason to create a thread about lagging.

once again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Someone was banned for the exact same reason yesterday, hence why I thought it would be an appropriate time to bring this up.

wat
Old 04-17-2010, 04:07 AM
PrayDoh will become famous soon enough
As a laggy player and as a member of the PR team on Unholy Nation, I support a lag cap on events and spars.

Lag prevents me from playing the game in the way I like to play it, which is skip-free, and actually being able to hit players where I see them on my screen. It's because of lag that I choose to remove myself from most oppurtunities to play events or spar.

I've been on both sides of the fence, and it is pretty undeniable that players with excessive lag have an advantage over others. To put it in perspective, Chakrah went from having 1600 rate before he lagged, to breaking 2100 with his excessive lag.

To reiterate, even though it would disallow me from playing a lot of events, I support a lag cap.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:13 AM
Registered Space Pirate
Chakrah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Chakrah Send a message via MSN to Chakrah
Let's say it's the 1950s..
You're all playing basketball right, being white (non laggers)..and I want to play basketball but I can't because im a lagger(Black).

You won't let me play because I'm a different.

same concept

Chakrah Rain (BTK)

Last edited by Chakrah; 04-17-2010 at 04:14 AM.. Reason: asdads
Old 04-17-2010, 04:19 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
85 Players Online
Highest Ping: Chakrah (700ms)
Lowest Ping: KittyGirl97 (25ms)
Average: 90.08ms
Pings Below 300ms: 97.64%
Old 04-17-2010, 04:31 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakrah View Post
You think they would've fixed this problem a long time ago if it's such a big deal.

Oh wait, they still haven't so.
It must not be, so stop whining. QQ
They tried to, they just sucked at doing it and disabled it instead of trying to fix it.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:35 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Not when the other player pays (paid?) just as much as you for the right to play.
"Oh no, I paid for an online game that requires a decent internet connection and am shocked because suddenly me paying for an online game and knowing my connection sucks bit me in the ass? Maybe I should have thought twice about online gaming with my crappy internet."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakrah View Post
Let's say it's the 1950s..
You're all playing basketball right, being white (non laggers)..and I want to play basketball but I can't because im a lagger(Black).

You won't let me play because I'm a different.

same concept
Seriously? You're making that comparison?
Old 04-17-2010, 04:47 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
"Oh no, I paid for an online game that requires a decent internet connection and am shocked because suddenly me paying for an online game and knowing my connection sucks bit me in the ass? Maybe I should have thought twice about online gaming with my crappy internet."
lol?

because it's totally ok to decide one day you're no longer going to allow players with high pings to participate in the game
Old 04-17-2010, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
lol?

because it's totally ok to decide one day you're no longer going to allow players with high pings to participate in the game
Sure, the requirements aren't written on paper like say, a PC game is. But if I buy a PC game that says I meet the minimal requirements, but not the recommended requirements... I'm not going to be shocked when I'm missing out on some of the game. Just because I paid for it doesn't mean I'm entitled to experience it when I lack what is recommended.

Participating in online gaming means you're putting yourself in that situation whether it's written down or not. I've downloaded plenty of games and realized I just couldn't enjoy it with my internet connection, even though I met the minimal requirements. Now this becomes especially bad when it goes from tarnishing your personal enjoyment, to messing it up for everyone else that has to play with you.

Really, all I hear is "stop whining, stop being butthurt"... sounds like who's really butthurt is the minority that this is going to affect. Why don't you deal with the fact that you're actually going to have to deal with having a ****ty internet connection instead of everyone else that has the displeasure of participating in events with you.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:56 AM
Bert
snoop413 can only hope to improve
a complete ban from events isn't necessary. looking at chakrah's profile he has over 500 hours and a total of 26 event wins. it's not 26 event wins this month, but total of all time since that feature was implemented in peoples profile. that is not very much at all. possibly he should be kicked in team events since thats when people complain the most, but i don't see it as that big of a deal. it is not hard to kill people who have a lot of lag, it is just time consuming.

i remember bell had an official rule against players who lag bad but it doesn't seem to be in affect anymore. there are still rules in events that are broken, even if they are minor ones. you aren't supposed to sit around and just talk to your friends and not fight, yet people do it all the time. yes, i do this too, but if they are going to bring back a lag rule please make sure to enforce all rules to be fair for everyone else.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:06 AM
RIP Darkcloud_PK
weeway will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Thats extreamly unfair.
Some people cant help lagging and people cant afford better internet.
it's not their fault there ISP sucks.
Just because they have bad internet dosent mean they should just be banned form playing games online.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:12 AM
Registered Space Pirate
Chakrah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Chakrah Send a message via MSN to Chakrah
i love everyone thats understanding my disability. :3

Chakrah Rain (BTK)
Old 04-17-2010, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeway View Post
Thats extreamly unfair.
Some people cant help lagging and people cant afford better internet.
it's not their fault there ISP sucks.
Just because they have bad internet dosent mean they should just be banned form playing games online.
So just because people can't afford new computers or help it, they should be able to play modern games? It just doesn't work that way in the computing world. The reality is that people who have ****ty internet tend to NOT be able to enjoy online games. I can't play my xbox 360 online half the time because my internet just isn't up to it.

You know what games like Call of Duty do when I lag? They FRAME STUTTER. This makes it impossible for me to aim, which means I should just quit. Oh well... should I sue Activision because I paid for the game? Not really. It sucks, but just like I can't help it, I shouldn't expect others to have to deal with my misfortune as well. I've also had to stop playing another MMO I was playing because my internet was disrupting my ability to enjoy it. Sure, they don't ban me from the game, but I acknowledge that even if I have an internet connection, that doesn't mean I qualify to play all online games, or that others should be forced to let me.

I have a very unstable connection. I get disconnected a lot. Know what happens when I get disconnected for even a second during an event? I get booted upon reconnecting. Damn, they're discriminating against my unstable internet.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:26 AM
ohshutup55 is on a distinguished road
I support a lag cap on events and spars.

I think it is unfair for the majority of the players to have to confront a really bad lagger who skips from right to left in 2 seconds. I admit that it would be unfair for the players who don't have any choice but to have a satellite connection, but these laggers form about 3-4% of the entire Unholy Nations' players.

I also think it is very unfair to have a really bad lagger participate to important Tournaments such as UTC & TTUTC because they take other players' chance to win the tournament by lagging so bad. It gets very hard to hit certain laggers to the point where some players give up on fighting because they realize they have no chance to win.

I have seen a lot of times while hosting events how laggers win some events so easily just because of their excessive lag. So I would be for the lag cap solution.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:27 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Sure, the requirements aren't written on paper like say, a PC game is. But if I buy a PC game that says I meet the minimal requirements, but not the recommended requirements... I'm not going to be shocked when I'm missing out on some of the game. Just because I paid for it doesn't mean I'm entitled to experience it when I lack what is recommended.

Participating in online gaming means you're putting yourself in that situation whether it's written down or not. I've downloaded plenty of games and realized I just couldn't enjoy it with my internet connection, even though I met the minimal requirements. Now this becomes especially bad when it goes from tarnishing your personal enjoyment, to messing it up for everyone else that has to play with you.
I'm not saying be unreasonable -- if someone is warping all over the place, go ahead and kick them. Arbitrary limits on ping, like the OP seems to be suggesting, are just unfair. If it's that much of a problem, use serverside hit detection.
Quote:
Really, all I hear is "stop whining, stop being butthurt"... sounds like who's really butthurt is the minority that this is going to affect. Why don't you deal with the fact that you're actually going to have to deal with having a ****ty internet connection instead of everyone else that has the displeasure of participating in events with you.
My ping right now on UN is 29 MS.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:16 AM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Definitely support a cap, and the cap should take averages into consideration in case (as was already stated) spikes occasionally happen. Over all this is likely the fairest method and will support the largest majority possible.

I feel for those people who are unable (for whatever reason) to obtain faster and/or more reliable internet service, however the greater majority should not be forced to suffer because of it. There is just no logic to be found in presuming otherwise in my opinion.
Closed Thread