FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 04:16 AM
married to Okilian
Okilian will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Okilian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
UN has always been a conglomeration of whatever players want to see. That IS their style. While I completely agree that UN has reached a point its become a mess, I don't think changing its tiling style is going to make a bit of difference overall. Downsizing it some. Fixing broken scripts, removing abusive tools and useless weapons wouldn't hurt. Converting to gs2 would be a major undertaking and really is a necessity but the server has now been uploaded to dev so the team should be able to address some of these issues without interrupting main too badly.
I agree completely. UN was never meant to be anything specific. I mean, if you go on, we have cars with guns with swords with so many things. Many people enjoy that fact.

Do I think UN's perfect? No, not at all. I've been saying for a long time things need to be fixed. A new OW? Not needed. They did it once only recently, so why just do it again?

There are fixes that need to be addressed as Bell says, I just don't think pretty tiles is that.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:38 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okilian View Post
I agree completely. UN was never meant to be anything specific. I mean, if you go on, we have cars with guns with swords with so many things. Many people enjoy that fact.

Do I think UN's perfect? No, not at all. I've been saying for a long time things need to be fixed. A new OW? Not needed. They did it once only recently, so why just do it again?

There are fixes that need to be addressed as Bell says, I just don't think pretty tiles is that.
Maybe not a brand new overworld, but cleaning it up and condensing it sure would be a plus.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 04-01-2010, 06:09 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
so it's been a couple of weeks, and no response. boy, i'm so glad we got a new manager who doesn't tell us jack
Old 04-01-2010, 07:47 AM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
so it's been a couple of weeks, and no response. boy, i'm so glad we got a new manager who doesn't tell us jack
Even tho i've feel you've taken a grudge against backdraft cuz he replaced streety, i must agree, a forum active manager would be nice.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:34 AM
married to Okilian
Okilian will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Okilian
He's more apt to post on UN's forum in game. I've seen him post a few times.

Even better, talk to him. He's working on quite a bit.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:52 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
un has to figure out what it is before it can "fix" itself

people are throwing the word economy left and right without realizing that this server wasn't intended to have one. not only that but the events system itself has spawned it's own currency which is never really good. =/
Old 04-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
UN used to be pretty economy centered when there wasnt a **** ton of hats and ridiculous NPC's.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 04-01-2010, 11:47 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
how
Old 04-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
how
Seriously. No economy back when I played. DEFINITELY AS HELL NOT MUCH OF ONE NOW.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:20 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
Even tho i've feel you've taken a grudge against backdraft cuz he replaced streety, i must agree, a forum active manager would be nice.
it's nothing personal, BD is a good guy. but yes, an active forum manager would be great, as i have reason to believe that streety would have already made a response to this type of thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okilian View Post
He's more apt to post on UN's forum in game. I've seen him post a few times.

Even better, talk to him. He's working on quite a bit.
that's missing the point. i don't post on the in-game forums, so how does his posting there help me at all? i, and anyone else who is interested, shouldn't have to personally ask him when he's capable of posting about it for the world to view
Old 04-01-2010, 07:44 PM
tempandrew is on a distinguished road
Guuuuuys it's been two WEEEEEEEEKS. COME OOOOONNNNNN WHY ISN'T THE SERVER FIIIIIIXXXXEEEDDD.

It'd help if BD wasn't at the mercy of a totally incompetent staff team full of people who haven't worked in the last 6 months.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:05 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempandrew View Post
Guuuuuys it's been two WEEEEEEEEKS. COME OOOOONNNNNN WHY ISN'T THE SERVER FIIIIIIXXXXEEEDDD.

It'd help if BD wasn't at the mercy of a totally incompetent staff team full of people who haven't worked in the last 6 months.
yea because we're asking them to "fix" the entire server in this thread, right?
Old 04-02-2010, 01:45 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
yea because we're asking them to "fix" the entire server in this thread, right?
Yup, This is backdraft's new management plan. So ***** we're discussing what his plan should be. AND THATS TO FIX THE GOD DAMN SERVER YA.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.

Last edited by Sam; 04-02-2010 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: Nobody ****s here
Old 04-02-2010, 07:10 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Yup, This is backdraft's new management plan. So ***** we're discussing what his plan should be. AND THATS TO FIX THE GOD DAMN SERVER YA.
BD hasn't said a single thing about his new plan, so our discussing it doesn't mean jack, nor is it the purpose of this thread that we discuss it: it's for BD to tell us what his plans are

so.

Last edited by Sam; 04-02-2010 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: Same for you **** him elsewhere
Old 04-02-2010, 07:21 AM
Backdraft
sidthegreat2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
We'll be having an Easter Egg hunt this Sunday at the egg shop next to Castlewars. It will last for a week until Sunday April 11th.

Castlewars is being renovated right now to make it more interesting for players. It will include some sort of reward for the current castle holders plus some "new" features to make it more interesting when capturing/defending.

City Hall should be done within the end of the weekend. It will include separate levels for each staff position along with descriptions and some other interesting features.

I'll post about my long term plans when the above projects are finished and I can lay out details with my staff.