Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-03-2009, 04:43 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
After 6 years you have accomplished what other servers have in 3 months.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:45 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
What other servers?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:04 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
you plan on getting classic tab with this?

Oh man a cliff error. .

I'm sure they'll get to correcting the tile errors.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 11-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Atrius Manager
TheJames can only hope to improve
I dont understand why theres so much harsh critizism on servers nowadays, we're just trying to make a new server for all of you to play? You act is if we're trying to do something harmful to the community.

Those screenshots are from the tutorial witch we're fixing up. Alot was slapped together. Please browse the overworld for those talking about the tiles. We've re-done all the tiles, and majority of the buildings to add a darker look; witch everyone seems to prefer.

So please, be thankful theres still developers out there like me, and my team who want to make a server playable, but yet all the harshness and hate has pushed great developers away from this game. Honestly, i'd love to see the people hating compile a server, and keep it active, and when its in its prime and people play, maintain a PC of 45+. Its hard, so please, help our playerworlds suceed and get more players to graal, that you "love so much" and have been "playing since 02" so you want to see graal succeed, correct?

Any input, thats helpful, that would make Atrius better?

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 11-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Atrius Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Yea, i'd love to see those scripts. Its easy as **** to code a bunch of stuff poorly. If you'd like, I could show you a few of Atrius re-coded scripts. Its pretty intense, guy.

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 11-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
I'm not judging you based on your content.

It's just that you've already paid for a bunch of UC servers so far. If your server gets approved then Graal is gonna lose a bunch of money from Atrius 8, 9 and 10. So I doubt it'll get approved.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
I'm not judging you based on your content.

It's just that you've already paid for a bunch of UC servers so far. If your server gets approved then Graal is gonna lose a bunch of money from Atrius 8, 9 and 10. So I doubt it'll get approved.
Servers are reviewed by PWA - unpaid staff. I don't get why they would turn down a server so Graal can get more money, if that is what you're saying. New servers on the classic tab also entice people to upgrade if that server is something they really enjoy.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 11-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
New servers on the classic tab...
When has this ever happened?

They replaced Maloria with Zodiac, removed Atlantis and removed Classic.
There are fewer servers now than there were before.

The whole server rental thing is a money making scheme, not a content creation scheme. Otherwise, where is all the content?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Prince
Quote:
When has this ever happened?

They replaced Maloria with Zodiac, removed Atlantis and removed Classic.
There are fewer servers now than there were before.

The whole server rental thing is a money making scheme, not a content creation scheme. Otherwise, where is all the content?
I probably should of said included that I was generally speaking, and not referring to anything specific.

Server rental is really just to pay for the costs that GO actually has to pay for the server boxes they host it on. They're not even making a profit if that.

We all know why there is no content.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 11-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Kanto League Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Server rental is really just to pay for the costs that GO actually has to pay for the server boxes they host it on. They're not even making a profit if that.
So if the cost of the UC server is already covered by the owner, why do the developers also have to pay to develop on that server?

The classic servers don't pay for hosting, so it makes sense that the players would have to pay for access to the "premium content" (lol) on those servers.

But in the case of UC servers it's just double dipping. And it's a major hurdle for actual content creation, because I sure as hell don't want to pay to work.

I think this idea has already been floated, but I think that Graal should be marketed as a FREE game again.
Let people play and develop on UC servers for free and charge players to play on "Classic" servers.
Then promote any half-way decent UC servers to Classic.
A bunch of the server's playerbase will probably upgrade their account to keep playing on that same server (here is your revenue, dudes).
Players that don't upgrade will probably move to another UC server to play on and help develop until that server eventually hits Classic as well (rinse and repeat).

As a bonus they should give the developers of any server that goes Classic "Developer" accounts that let them play on Classic servers for free. So that people are actually encouraged and rewarded for creating content.

/end off topic rant

Good luck with Atrius.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJames View Post
Those screenshots are from the tutorial witch we're fixing up. Alot was slapped together. Please browse the overworld for those talking about the tiles. We've re-done all the tiles, and majority of the buildings to add a darker look; witch everyone seems to prefer.
ok then people seem to prefer those tiles error?

Old 11-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJames View Post
So please, be thankful theres still developers out there like me, and my team who want to make a server playable, but yet all the harshness and hate has pushed great developers away from this game. Honestly, i'd love to see the people hating compile a server, and keep it active, and when its in its prime and people play, maintain a PC of 45+. Its hard, so please, help our playerworlds suceed and get more players to graal, that you "love so much" and have been "playing since 02" so you want to see graal succeed, correct?
Yeah it's hard to create a successful server, but you haven't really succeeded either. You're not only opening discussion to developers here, but players too; If the majority feel that Atrius looks appalling, they're simply not going to play it, even if it does somehow reach the Classic tab.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Atrius Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
ok then people seem to prefer those tiles error?

If you'd pay attention, and stop being an idiot; and looking for tinw flaws, I said we're currently working on small tile errors like that, gawsh

and Dem, I agree with you %110, something needs to be changed about that

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 11-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
They replaced Maloria with Zodiac
100 percent incorrect. Maloria and Zodiac were active at the same time for around 2 months before Maniaman decided to ask Stefan to put Maloria as Under Construction while Maloria v3 was being worked on, in order to retun with a bang instead of slowly rotting away due to lack of updates on Classic list.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 11-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
I think this idea has already been floated, but I think that Graal should be marketed as a FREE game again.
Let people play and develop on UC servers for free and charge players to play on "Classic" servers.
That could work although there are a lot of people who have classic lifetime account and would complain if they cannot play for free on classic servers anymore.