Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-24-2009, 02:15 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
disable serverside destroy()...

Destroy() on the serverside should not work for DBNPCs(excluding putnpc2's), WNPC's, and I guess level NPC's. It's a bit silly to have to put our own prevention methods so people can't put a script in a level and destroy whole weapons. Really, when do you NEED to destroy a WNPC? I mean, I guess client-RC might use that sort of thing, but I'm sure exceptions could be made for that. Either way, I'd like to see some sort of methods worked out that don't involve having scripters make protection for each and every one of their scripts.

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 08-24-2009 at 03:17 AM..
Old 08-24-2009, 03:02 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I agree (client-RC does not use the destroy command anyway).
Old 08-24-2009, 03:46 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I tried to destroy a WNPC from another DBNPC/WNPC using:

PHP Code:
// substituting "npc" with the real name.
findnpc("npc").destroy();
findweapon("npc").destroy(); 
And wasn't able to o:

In theory couldn't you just.. (For now i guess)

PHP Code:
public function destroy() {
  return 
false;

Old 08-24-2009, 03:55 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I tried to destroy a WNPC from another DBNPC/WNPC using:

PHP Code:
// substituting "npc" with the real name.
findnpc("npc").destroy();
findweapon("npc").destroy(); 
And wasn't able to o:

In theory couldn't you just.. (For now i guess)

PHP Code:
public function destroy() {
  return 
false;

On testbed they actually distribute some script that will do a callstack and such and echo on RC if an NPC tries to destroy it(as well as what NPC it was).

Either way, I don't really see a need for such a lose security. As for whether it's possible or not I'm not sure, but it was a huge thing on Testbed so I figured it was.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:57 AM
Zvarri!
TESTRETIS has a spectacular aura about
Didn't know it was actually possible to do that to DBNPCs. For WNPCs, though I think I might disagree.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TESTRETIS View Post
Didn't know it was actually possible to do that to DBNPCs. For WNPCs, though I think I might disagree.
You want to be able to destroy WNPC's with scripts? Why?
Old 08-24-2009, 06:01 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Not really wanting to spread code, but you would use

PHP Code:
findWeaponNPC("test").destroy(); 
Quote:
Didn't know it was actually possible to do that to DBNPCs.
Absolutely, I accidently destroyed about a dozen DBNPCs on Testbed when attempting to clear out some guy's putnpc2's. There is a server option to disable it, though.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:22 AM
Zvarri!
TESTRETIS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
You want to be able to destroy WNPC's with scripts? Why?
If I'm not mistaken, you can use this in substitution of removeweapon();
Or so thor claims.

I know, not the most effective or best way, but..
Old 08-24-2009, 07:39 AM
the fake one
Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, you can use this in substitution of removeweapon();
Or so thor claims.

I know, not the most effective or best way, but..
You can remove weapons from a player clientside by calling destroy(). Serverside it deletes the weapon.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Delteria Management
Riot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Destroy() on the serverside should not work for DBNPCs(excluding putnpc2's), WNPC's, and I guess level NPC's. It's a bit silly to have to put our own prevention methods so people can't put a script in a level and destroy whole weapons. Really, when do you NEED to destroy a WNPC? I mean, I guess client-RC might use that sort of thing, but I'm sure exceptions could be made for that. Either way, I'd like to see some sort of methods worked out that don't involve having scripters make protection for each and every one of their scripts.
I'm pretty sure DBNPCs are protected by default, assuming no one has adjusted server options... At least going off of http://graal.net/index.php/Server_op...PCs_Protection they should be. I'm unable to use destroy() on DBNPCs on Delteria Dev.

I guess I should learn to read though since that was already posted.

At any rate, weapons should be protected as well.