Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone > Zone Suggestions.
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 06:14 PM
RealDDc is an unknown quantity at this point
Back to the roots

Zones return to the origin, a prestidigitation, manual-skill based shoot 'em up

Over the past zone turned from a once manual-skill based game into a sort of grinding game. Many additions to the game seem to be added without a steady concept or a second thought what those changes would determine for the commend gameplay to it.

A grinding game and a manual-skill based game are totally different styles in game genres, those semi grinding game aspects lead zone to what it is today, a dead server butchered to minced meat.

To understand what happened there, it is very important to understand the main differences between grinding games, and manual-skill based games. The origin concept of zone is the reason for the success of the server in its early days, it was never intended to be a grinding game, nor a semi grinding game.

Main aspects on a grinding game, determining the gameplay:
  • Invested time
  • Characters abilities
  • Money invested
  • Equipment
These mainly predict the effectiveness of the ingame file in grinding games

Main aspects on a manual-skill based game, as zone was origin before it got butchered
  • prestidigitation
  • game knowledge
  • manual-skill training
  • teamplay abilities
Means the effectiveness of a player is ONLY predicted on his own, and doesn't rely only on outstanding factors, or grinding game aspects. Everyone has the same possibility given by his ingame file.

A short rewiev over zones history, how it lost its manual-skill style to the greed and injudiciousness

• Introduction of event weaps Reapers, BPs, RPs, Lavagun
  • Trials -20 hp penalty
  • Removal of trials guild tags
  • Intruduction of JP, BR, RR, Stormriffle etc.
These already cause a lot troubles within the balance and gameplay on zone, event weapons aren't bad in general, but they are a symbol of manual-skill and prestidigitation, and so they are a showpiece, and only a showpiece. As example BPs and RPs as equivalent to apps and rippers, nothing against a different showpiece look, but why they dont act exactly as their equivalent, double sized bullet racks and alike just screw the balance. The trial penaltys where a continued first step to force the people to pay, and those changes where tolerable, it was stiill playable for trials, and so the playerbase kept been steady.

But anything afterwards, with the comming "additions" the game was completely spoiled

• Introduction of Gelat shop
  • Introduction of... sorry... more idiotic event weaps to top the gelat shop
  • Removal of short time payment
  • Cakes, cookies, crackers and other garbage
  • Denied classes for trials which made the game complety uninteresting for half the playerbase
  • A lot more of screwing content, that I don't have present in my mind right now

With those changes, the step to turn the once manual-skill based game, where everyone has had the same posibilities, into a semi gringding game, determined by the invested time, characters abilities, money invested and equipment was completed. And if the game has the appearance of a grinding game, it is played as a grinding game. The problem is just, that this game was originally never intended to be a semi grinding game, there is even the second gold server as been graal kingdoms, which IS a grinding game, and does its job as grinding game 10x better than the new semi grinding zone. That there are plenty grinding games all over the web, that do their job 10x better than GK is a different story. Fact is, zone reached its dead point.
This happens if you rather butcher the cow, instead of milking it, and sell the burgers for quick income.

Suggestion:
  • Return to the origin
  • Remove of the grinding game aspects
  • Event weapons are supposed to be showpieces, nothing more, nothing less
  • Prestidigitation and manual-skill based zone revival
  • Reintroduction of short time payment (daily, weekly, or weekend gold)
  • Playable game for trials, they are not just only pesky non payers
    They are a big part of the playerbase, and how interesting a game without players is, can be experienced on zone right now

Edit: The large majority doesn't even know the manual-skill based old-zone before it got spoiled. They know the new-zone and won't understand most of it. Gambet is one of the few that know the old zone, so I count on him that he might get this dead piece back on track.

Last edited by RealDDc; 07-13-2009 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: Edit
Old 07-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Lol What?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis1410 View Post
Zones return to the origin, a prestidigitation, manual-skill based shoot 'em up
Old 07-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
Yeah, I can't say I have noticed any real changes in gameplay since Zone went gold. I know they chased off their trial base though
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 07-13-2009, 09:03 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
This happens if you rather butcher the cow, instead of milking it, and sell the burgers for quick income.
I like this part.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I like this part.
Nothing like murder and beef. Nope.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:31 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Zone's only changed in the sense that you can buy weapons now.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Is this actually happening or do you want to have it happening? ;o
Old 07-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Zone's only changed in the sense that you can buy weapons now.
I will try to change it when I have time :P

Old 07-13-2009, 11:15 PM
-----
darksage15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Zone when I first played it was (insert massive number here) times better than it was now. Not just because it was just my first time playing it and all, but because of pretty much everything Dennis said..
Old 07-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Zormite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis1410 View Post
second gold server as been graal kingdoms

No
Old 07-14-2009, 04:01 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
This is what should happen to increase players:

Make trials health 100.

Make all grelat guns buyable in zone cash.

Make life-time classic members able to play without observer mode while trials do have it.

Make rank actually mean something by getting special weapons/looks when you are lets say a general opposed to a Veteran.

Get rid of all of the annoying guns/ leave only the basics. This means almost everyone is equal in terms of power but the "few rare weapons"

Easy.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:29 AM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Make life-time classic members able to play without observer mode while trials do have it.
Wouldn't they just have the same as gold again >.<, they bought classic back then, because they didn't necisseraly want to play the gold servers, then why let them now.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:39 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
:o!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Nobody can beat us.
RevolutionJS is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to RevolutionJS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
This is what should happen to increase players:

Make trials health 100.

Make all grelat guns buyable in zone cash.

Make rank actually mean something by getting special weapons/looks when you are lets say a general opposed to a Veteran.

Get rid of all of the annoying guns/ leave only the basics. This means almost everyone is equal in terms of power but the "few rare weapons"

Easy.
Rid Jesse's post?