Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 04:29 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Classic

I'm gonna try to upload more videos this week... right now it's just the intro.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:49 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I never understood WTF was going on in that intro...
Old 05-15-2009, 05:05 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I never understood WTF was going on in that intro...
lol me too, I think it was explained more throughout the quests? I forget.

edit:wheres the sound zippy >8(
Old 05-15-2009, 05:40 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
lol me too, I think it was explained more throughout the quests? I forget.

edit:wheres the sound zippy >8(
Still trying to gather up files or else I would've uploaded another bit-- if you have anything you should IM at DESTROYERSTROYER .

Also my backpals keep bugging out and making things mis-colored anyone know why?
Old 05-15-2009, 05:43 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225 View Post
Still trying to gather up files or else I would've uploaded another bit-- if you have anything you should IM at DESTROYERSTROYER .

Also my backpals keep bugging out and making things mis-colored anyone know why?
I don't have anything old on this laptop, but the color problem could be because there is backpals in the scripts that are in the level.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:45 AM
Doctor Who?
Quote:
I don't have anything old on this laptop, but the color problem could be because there is backpals in the scripts that are in the level.
Merp-- I know that but when did backpals stop working right is the real question I guess?
Old 05-15-2009, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Merp-- I know that but when did backpals stop working right is the real question I guess?
Last editor update? If there ever was one
Old 05-15-2009, 06:25 AM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
wow that video just remind me how gta was the best
Old 05-15-2009, 07:29 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
I think they were removed in v4.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

Last edited by Tigairius; 05-15-2009 at 08:08 AM..
Old 05-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Doctor Who?

50 minutes of ADVENTURE!
(Whenever it finishes processing)
Old 05-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
That introduction to the server is pretty awful and while it may be animated nicely it has completely ignored the purpose of a focal point. The pacing is far too fast, everything is drowning each other out, the characters are very stock-like, there's no personality, and no definitive good and evil or at least a leading clue on what the hell is going on. Nostalgia isn't blinding me on this one.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Quote:

50 minutes of ADVENTURE!
(Whenever it finishes processing)
This video has been removed because it is too long. Regular YouTube videos must be 10 minutes or less.

;[ 5 parts please
Old 05-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
That introduction to the server is pretty awful and while it may be animated nicely it has completely ignored the purpose of a focal point. The pacing is far too fast, everything is drowning each other out, the characters are very stock-like, there's no personality, and no definitive good and evil or at least a leading clue on what the hell is going on. Nostalgia isn't blinding me on this one.
My thoughts exactly. It's too fast; there's too much stuff going on; everyone looks the same; the chat blends in with the tiles; overall I don't know wtf is going on.

Imo if you're going to have an intro video of your server, have it explain the basic storyline of the server (if you have one,) but keep it simple.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Doctor Who?
Quote:
This video has been removed because it is too long. Regular YouTube videos must be 10 minutes or less.

;[ 5 parts please
I'll edit things down into parts
Old 05-17-2009, 07:21 AM
Doctor Who?
Totally noobin it up on the video quality but oh well it will get better with the next upload

Also when on the overworld the framerate drops some--this is fixed in the next video.
If anyone has a more recent bigmap.txt for pre-npcserver classic it would be appreciated--mine is spotty at best.
+Video quality will fix in the next upload too.

Start to the end of the Gnome Quest:

EDIT: Nevermind on the quality comment--Click the video and watch in HD-- it is much better that way.

EDIT:
Videos will be here from now on:
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums....php?p=1491916

Last edited by jacob_bald6225; 05-17-2009 at 08:18 AM..