Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 02:27 PM
luffy620 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkool666 View Post
Its pretty hard to stop base laming... Sweep fleet always has an easier time laming Storm, and the majority of the good players join Sweep. The odd time theres someone with a jetpack on storm, and odds aren't that high that their smart enough to go take a base...
I think this is due to the fact that Storm's hq is in a corner, with a weird upside down L with a hump on it, when Sweeps is a plain box/rectangal-ish shape, now with a hump on it. Sweeps base has 3 directions to escape, 2 if you don't have a jetpack, Storm's has 2, only 1 with a jetpack. And the players on the team completely depend on the whatever 2 or 3 of the best players online choose, then the rest of the O.K players flock to that team, leaving newkids to go on the other one.

Base laming, if you can't beat em', join em. Obviously if anyone actually online right now playing zone saw it as a big deal, they'd sign off or go to a different planet. The only solution I can foresee is an update that will have a permanent hold on zone's population. Platform works, but its only a temporary fix, and to be honest its just a base-laming map all over again =).

Last edited by luffy620; 07-08-2008 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: Forgot to state a point =).
Old 07-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Smelly Phoenix
Lord_Conorr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Conorr Send a message via MSN to Lord_Conorr Send a message via Yahoo to Lord_Conorr
Thumbs down

Bad idea, since it solves nothing. (Not that anything needs to be solved)

Waste of a thread (and yet I posted..).
Old 07-19-2008, 12:48 AM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Conorr View Post
(Not that anything needs to be solved)
No, alot of things need to be solved.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:50 AM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
i was thinking of adding a second escape route out but was told not to bother.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:45 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future

Nothing wrong with base laming. It's fun, and if you have skill, you can take them out
Old 07-19-2008, 04:47 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Nothing wrong with base laming. It's fun, and if you have skill, you can take them out
There is when Zone has turned into a pansy paradise. Anyone with an ounce of skill will ignore eachother and let the other go base lame their respective bases.

The moment I step foot into arctic I clear out a handful of lamers and take over all the bases, we instantly win and take great pleasure in "victory laming" their beautiful stats one by one.

eheheh
Old 07-19-2008, 04:48 AM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
Then everyone calls you a noob for getting all the bases.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:49 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAzerothx View Post
Then everyone calls you a noob for getting all the bases.
They can't because I already kicked their asses while clearing them out of our home base yo. They'd only make themselves look stupid if they call ME a noob anyway.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:14 AM
I R ZERU
Conor0801@aol.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Why's base laming such a big deal? Somehow I magically go to the team that base lames, I don't know how that happens all the time... But when I do get base lamed, you just pipebomb the people at the base
Old 07-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Why's base laming such a big deal?
It's killed arctic.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:54 PM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Conorr View Post
Bad idea, since it solves nothing. (Not that anything needs to be solved)

Waste of a thread (and yet I posted..).
It solves everything.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:05 AM
Smelly Phoenix
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Conorr Send a message via MSN to Lord_Conorr Send a message via Yahoo to Lord_Conorr
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5596321 View Post
It solves everything.

If that were true than people would have stoped complaining about it, but they have not, because they see it as unfair and also as ruining artic, or in an other way I've missed.

Did laming ever ruin zone in the past... maybe a little, but people got through it and got better, and were able to kick some major lamer butt. Ironically the lamed people will most eventually become lamers themselves just to get more kills.

Honestly though, I don't care, I liked Zone back in the day and I don't mind it now, I wish people would just move on so we don't deal with this pointless poop. Please.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:15 AM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Luzl@Conortryingtoactlikethevoiceofreason.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:19 AM
Smelly Phoenix
I'm just bringing up my opinion, you don't have to acknowledge or care about it, or believe it.

Although if you do acknowledge it, I'd appreciate atleast an intelligent response... unfortunatley I can't expect that from everyone, Shadow.

D;

Last edited by Lord_Conorr; 07-30-2008 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: Because I CAN D:
Old 07-30-2008, 04:26 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Haha, oh wow, I just realized how big of a problem base laming has probably become now that you can't get stuff like Jetpack or Pipebombs without gelats.