Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Hello and Goodbyes
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 12:14 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Cya Ed.

Maybe one day Stefan/Unixmad will listen to players telling them what they should to do make the game better, and if that happens, I hope to see you ingame again
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:14 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrified View Post
What, in your mind, makes a game fun?
Almost EVERY game requires HOURS of SOMETHING tedious to finally get a large sum of gold or whatever. The majority of Graal (read: Zodiac) COMPLETELY COPIES OTHER MMO's. Yen said so himself, that a lot of the stuff he did was complete rips from games like WoW.
Well, a key note to remember is that the other games do it A LOT better than Graal. They have better funding, so better support and updates.
Graal has, on the otherhand, poor funding and resources, being coded by one person and the majority of the game being made by players.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:33 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
The most successful MMORPGs are all grinding games. Making an MMORPG isn't like an offline RPG where the player is only supposed to play for something like 40 hours. It's not clear why but grinding seems to be the only thing people are willing to spend hundreds to thousands of hours doing.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:59 AM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
Satisfaction from grinding in a MMORPG tends to be very consistent with rare drops being momentary spikes of satisfaction.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:38 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterNuke View Post
Satisfaction from grinding in a MMORPG tends to be very consistent with rare drops being momentary spikes of satisfaction.
The point isn't "satisfaction" or "fun". The point is that not only will people do it, but they're willing to spend more time doing it than they're willing to spend doing actual "fun" things.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:05 AM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
Seeya later, alligator.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:42 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Heh, figures. His title was changed.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:52 AM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
Seems you're not allowed to post your opinion on the forums.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:30 AM
Grraaaaaw
Tom is on a distinguished road
wtf? wtf wtf? wait till arcas out you damn!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:06 AM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
wtf? wtf wtf? wait till arcas out you damn!
yea or graal 3d

Well I guess I could leak some info about the g3d project, it will be called "Galdor's Adventure" and there will be big statues of me everywhere Thats all we got so far, the rest of the team are nagging about other things but I donno, not enough room for that. There now you have a reason to stay.

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.

Last edited by Galdor; 01-26-2008 at 05:24 AM..
Old 01-26-2008, 05:57 AM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
-.- Change the topic name to "The cake is a lie." I'm kinda irritated at the large amount of disrespect that I have just become victim to.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:47 AM
8k hours on GK X_X
Obs311 will become famous soon enough
Bye, Ed. I'll miss your fun attitude and ability to get me to laugh.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:53 AM
retired graal veteran
k_killar is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to k_killar
maybe stefan got poor and needed somealot extra money
Old 01-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Ed have a point, you know. I don't find playing Graal fun at all anymore, but that's because no server appeals me - I do however love developing on servers.

One day a playable server might be released again, but until then, I have the same oppinion as Ed about the actuall gameplay. I'm not complaining on Graal, I'm complaining at the current utterly boring servers.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-26-2008, 07:42 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Ed have a point, you know. I don't find playing Graal fun at all anymore, but that's because no server appeals me - I do however love developing on servers.

One day a playable server might be released again, but until then, I have the same oppinion as Ed about the actuall gameplay. I'm not complaining on Graal, I'm complaining at the current utterly boring servers.
HELP SUNNY VILLE

>.>
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.