Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
So it's like Era set to "Easy" mode?
pretty much, yea.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:51 AM
Is Graal dead yet?
Ryyan is on a distinguished road
Crow is right..
BTW i was admin on the old utopia, and there was nothing but weapons made from scratch back then.. we had a health/gun/pk system...
Chris didnt work there until the last minute before tony switched the server around, so really, barely anything got done recently// the whole stolen gfx deal must be recent.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:45 AM
Billy Allan
Knightmare1 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryyan View Post
Crow is right..
BTW i was admin on the old utopia, and there was nothing but weapons made from scratch back then.. we had a health/gun/pk system...
Chris didnt work there until the last minute before tony switched the server around, so really, barely anything got done recently// the whole stolen gfx deal must be recent.
recent? we found every image in the backup, and in the backup there was no systems.. i think...
Old 11-17-2007, 02:16 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare1 View Post
pretty much, yea.
But then, it's still a complete rip off of Era, just easier, which is rather lame.

You've basically admitted that you're ripping off Era but making it easier. This will NEVER get accepted. Especially now there's written confirmation that your playerworld is a complete Era clone.

Thankyou and good night.
Quit or REMAKE (to a complete different idea), whilst you're ahead.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:31 PM
Billy Allan
Quote:
But then, it's still a complete rip off of Era, just easier, which is rather lame.

You've basically admitted that you're ripping off Era but making it easier. This will NEVER get accepted. Especially now there's written confirmation that your playerworld is a complete Era clone.

Thankyou and good night.
Quit or REMAKE (to a complete different idea), whilst you're ahead.
ripping it off? era is ****, i hate era, Utopia is about killing. and on Era there are noobs with no lives with the retarded gun that no one else can buy. and dont be such a prick, its my server, NOT YOURS. if you wanted to critizise a server go to Moon Light or sumthin
Old 11-17-2007, 03:14 PM
jwd
Quote:
ripping it off? era is ****, i hate era, Utopia is about killing. and on Era there are noobs with no lives with the retarded gun that no one else can buy. and dont be such a prick, its my server, NOT YOURS. if you wanted to critizise a server go to Moon Light or sumthin
But you admitted to ripping Era off. This means that if you believe Era is '****' then so is Utopia.

Prick? You're the one who's trying to remake the wheel, poorly, and believing it'll be a success.

Why should I critisise Moon Light? They're not the ones completely copying a server and thinking it's the best god damn thing to hit Graal.

Being different a different playerworld doesn't mean copying an existing one and making it ten times easier. That's just ripping it off.

There are two threads for Utopia and all they contain is GARBAGE about your GARBAGE playerworld. Now, I was trying offer some advice in what to actually do with your spent money but no, you've refused it and threw it back in my face. I'll tell you a few home truths:

1) There are other playerworls out there that will sooner be accepted to even the hosted tab, which includes Esteria, Bombermad: Evolved (if it's still in production) and also the one that I am working on, Quian'Dor.

2) I've seen better crap wiping my arse than Utopia. The tileset and the guns are just copies of Era's and copied POORLY.

3) You're a noob, you're new to development, yet you seem to think you have the talents and management skills to make a playerworld, but what makes it worse is YOU STEAL. You're a stealing noob.

4) You've brought another playerworld, which may be bad but still isn't flaunted around as if it's the greatest thing ever. I'm a prick? You're the prick for inappropriately bashing another playerworld.

Era may have noobs with lives but you sir, you are also a noob with no life.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Billy Allan
Quote:
But you admitted to ripping Era off. This means that if you believe Era is '****' then so is Utopia.

Prick? You're the one who's trying to remake the wheel, poorly, and believing it'll be a success.

Why should I critisise Moon Light? They're not the ones completely copying a server and thinking it's the best god damn thing to hit Graal.

Being different a different playerworld doesn't mean copying an existing one and making it ten times easier. That's just ripping it off.

There are two threads for Utopia and all they contain is GARBAGE about your GARBAGE playerworld. Now, I was trying offer some advice in what to actually do with your spent money but no, you've refused it and threw it back in my face. I'll tell you a few home truths:

1) There are other playerworls out there that will sooner be accepted to even the hosted tab, which includes Esteria, Bombermad: Evolved (if it's still in production) and also the one that I am working on, Quian'Dor.

2) I've seen better crap wiping my arse than Utopia. The tileset and the guns are just copies of Era's and copied POORLY.

3) You're a noob, you're new to development, yet you seem to think you have the talents and management skills to make a playerworld, but what makes it worse is YOU STEAL. You're a stealing noob.

4) You've brought another playerworld, which may be bad but still isn't flaunted around as if it's the greatest thing ever. I'm a prick? You're the prick for inappropriately bashing another playerworld.

Era may have noobs with lives but you sir, you are also a noob with no life.
Moon Light is the noobiest thing ive seen, i could be a 2 year old and get a job there. i dont steal. stealing is for the noobiest people ever. the tiles arent copied, neither are guns.Quian'Dor is one of the crappiest servers ive seen, unless it is 2 weeks old. considering in my subscription it says 308 days left, so ive been up for about... i dunno 57 days... and look how much weve finished.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:59 PM
jwd
Quote:
Moon Light is the noobiest thing ive seen, i could be a 2 year old and get a job there. i dont steal. stealing is for the noobiest people ever. the tiles arent copied, neither are guns.Quian'Dor is one of the crappiest servers ive seen, unless it is 2 weeks old. considering in my subscription it says 308 days left, so ive been up for about... i dunno 57 days... and look how much weve finished.
Atleast Moon Light hasn't copied their content. You have.

You do steal. You stole the M14 or whatever. It was PROVEN on the graphics board. You said "Look at this gun I made" and it was just really an Atrius edit or whatever with minor edits. YOU DO STEAL. So you ARE the 'noobiest person'.

The guns are just crappy versions of Era.

Also, you have no GROUNDS to say Quian'Dor is a crappy server. It's quite obvious our graphics are better than your servers graphics. Our ideas are better than your servers. EVERYTHING on Quian'Dor is better than your playerworld.

Infact, I'm pretty certain I could remake Utopia in 2 weeks.

On the topic of how long, all together, Quian'Dor's content was made... around a week for the current tiles, around a week for the current scripts and a good few months for the ideas.

Loser.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Before this turns into an even bigger flame wars!

....Wait...

Quote:
Quian'Dor is one of the crappiest servers ive seen, unless it is 2 weeks old.
Seriously Knightmare, you didnt see ANYTHING of Quian'Dor yet, nor did you read what we have in store for the community. We have ONE level open for the public which has just some showoff tiles and the new style of trees, and you think we haven't been working on this at all?

I've been writing about Quian'Dor, its storyline, and the possibilities for it, for more then a year now. I've been planning this through and through and I thought of it MYSELF.
Dont tell me what is "crappy" or what isn't, because if you cant think of anything better then another era clone, you have no right to speak.

Now, can a mod please remove these posts like they always do? -_-
Old 11-17-2007, 05:36 PM
jwd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
Before this turns into an even bigger flame wars!

....Wait...

Seriously Knightmare, you didnt see ANYTHING of Quian'Dor yet, nor did you read what we have in store for the community. We have ONE level open for the public which has just some showoff tiles and the new style of trees, and you think we haven't been working on this at all?

I've been writing about Quian'Dor, its storyline, and the possibilities for it, for more then a year now. I've been planning this through and through and I thought of it MYSELF.
Dont tell me what is "crappy" or what isn't, because if you cant think of anything better then another era clone, you have no right to speak.

Now, can a mod please remove these posts like they always do? -_-
I think they should keep them in place to show how much of a fool he is.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Blank
Kirble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kirble
Hmm, it's time for a Kirble input.

Let's compare the servers in question...in the red corner, we have Quian'Dor, and in the Blue corner, Utopia.

Ideas
Quian'Dor - For the stories I have read, vast player functions, ideas for character races, the island system etc etc, I could go on. It all seems excellently planned.

Utopia - Work. Get money. Buy Gun. Kill noobs. The classic way of how things are run.

1 point Quian'Dor.

Graphics
Quian'Dor - The graphics remain cartoony, but have an element of realism. They look an extent of real which doesn't consider them cartoony, but maintain a cartoony feel in which they can't be called real. I like the new style.

Utopia - From looking around the server, I see the lack of shading, the over-cartoony look for what is supposed to be a "realistic" server? If I am perceiving correctly and I notice that signs are not hand written but use sploged text.

1 point Quian'Dor.

Main level
Quian'Dor - The main level is constructed nicely. Shows off some of the graphics, gives an example of the player-houses and main buildings on the island and also contains information for players visiting. Quite nice.

Utopia - Looks like a rip of the old online start place on Era. Surrounded by a poorly designed "bush" or what looks more like a green block. There appear to be no trees present. There are roads present, which look slightly repetitive and the grass looks like someone was let loose with a spray can.

Sorry but, 1 point Quian'Dor.

GUI and Icons
Quian'Dor - The GUI is nicely designed, contains a close button and is drag-able at the moment, also contains a handy feature of a right click lock-drag. The icons, seen on the preset GUI are nicely made, simple, but nothing too detailed. Do the job to a tee.

Utopia - The GUI locks in with the player-world as a whole, it fits the same theme, although the back of the boxes seem a little rushed and pointless. The icons are even less to be desired, however, on the small collection of two I have, they seem rushed and quite shoddy, especially the events coin and the events laser gun.

Another 1 for Quian'Dor.

Other things
Quian'Dor - There doesn't appear to be much at the moment, there is a nice news GUI that pops up centre screen when logged on. This is nice.

Utopia - Events menu's etc a lot of use of the blue Graal GUI's, nicely used, but maybe a little too much. There is a bit more done than on Quian'Dor.

1 point to Utopia it is then.

Let's total up shall we?
4-1

It would appear, that Quian'Dor has won it over with less work done.

Quality, not quantity.
This may be what the staff of Utopia need to bear in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
It's a circle and we're just at a bad angle.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Never trust anyone.
mYg0tHaMpStEr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mYg0tHaMpStEr Send a message via MSN to mYg0tHaMpStEr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirble View Post
Hmm, it's time for a Kirble input.

Let's compare the servers in question...in the red corner, we have Quian'Dor, and in the Blue corner, Utopia.

Ideas
Quian'Dor - For the stories I have read, vast player functions, ideas for character races, the island system etc etc, I could go on. It all seems excellently planned.

Utopia - Work. Get money. Buy Gun. Kill noobs. The classic way of how things are run.

1 point Quian'Dor.

Graphics
Quian'Dor - The graphics remain cartoony, but have an element of realism. They look an extent of real which doesn't consider them cartoony, but maintain a cartoony feel in which they can't be called real. I like the new style.

Utopia - From looking around the server, I see the lack of shading, the over-cartoony look for what is supposed to be a "realistic" server? If I am perceiving correctly and I notice that signs are not hand written but use sploged text.

1 point Quian'Dor.

Main level
Quian'Dor - The main level is constructed nicely. Shows off some of the graphics, gives an example of the player-houses and main buildings on the island and also contains information for players visiting. Quite nice.

Utopia - Looks like a rip of the old online start place on Era. Surrounded by a poorly designed "bush" or what looks more like a green block. There appear to be no trees present. There are roads present, which look slightly repetitive and the grass looks like someone was let loose with a spray can.

Sorry but, 1 point Quian'Dor.

GUI and Icons
Quian'Dor - The GUI is nicely designed, contains a close button and is drag-able at the moment, also contains a handy feature of a right click lock-drag. The icons, seen on the preset GUI are nicely made, simple, but nothing too detailed. Do the job to a tee.

Utopia - The GUI locks in with the player-world as a whole, it fits the same theme, although the back of the boxes seem a little rushed and pointless. The icons are even less to be desired, however, on the small collection of two I have, they seem rushed and quite shoddy, especially the events coin and the events laser gun.

Another 1 for Quian'Dor.

Other things
Quian'Dor - There doesn't appear to be much at the moment, there is a nice news GUI that pops up centre screen when logged on. This is nice.

Utopia - Events menu's etc a lot of use of the blue Graal GUI's, nicely used, but maybe a little too much. There is a bit more done than on Quian'Dor.

1 point to Utopia it is then.

Let's total up shall we?
4-1

It would appear, that Quian'Dor has won it over with less work done.

Quality, not quantity.
This may be what the staff of Utopia need to bear in mind.
I can agree with Kirble in a way, but in other ways, not.

First of all.. Quian'Dor Tileset is really, pretty terrible. The water is okay, roofs are okay, but everything else is a Fail.

Second, What GUI? I see no GUI. All I see is some welcome screen.

Thirdly, Quian'Dor seems to have potential, but none as been shown.

Fourth(ly?), You're only Voting for Quian'Dor because you work there.

Also;
What makes Utopia different from Era?
Thats easy!
Staff!
Era's staff is so bad right now, Playerworld Administrators actually had to come and run the server. GP's jail people for telling them to get out of a wheelchair, and all the Staff are either Idling on RC, or Ignore you when you ask them a General Question.
I can't say I answer every question, because getting Four million PM's from players, it gets really annoying.

Well, while were talking about differences from Era, lets talk about old GX;
What made GX Different from Era?
Only thing I can honestly think of is the money making, and police, and the Economy.

Thats just my input.

Thanks,
Ork
General Manager of Utopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopia RC Chat
lesmA: woo now i can make it count to 10 over 10 seconds!
lesmA: WATCH OUT SKYLD, HERE COME'S LESMA THE NEW SUPER-SCRIPTER!!!
Ork: ROFL
Ork: ANOTHER BRILLIANT FORUM SIG QUOTE
lesmA: oh god i should just stop talking before i make a fool of myself
Old 11-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Blank
Kirble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kirble
The tile-set is ugly? I believe it looks quite nice, and will suit the server when finished. I believe it is far superior a tile-set than that of Utopia.

Secondly, the GUI is still being scripted but obviously I have access to it and have seen the features.

Thirdly, I don't just say Quian'Dor is better because I work there, why should I, what motive would I have to say it's better than anything on Graal?

Fourthly, Quian'Dor does have potential, the potential is shown in the vast amounts of text based planning that Pimmeh has created. This will be shown to players over time.

End note:
Utopia is different from Era because of the staff?
I believe that they are of the same descriptions. For example, I decided to look around the server:

The staff make crude jokes during events towards one another.

Events were ruined by staff conversation through event commands (Quiz)

I asked a question, 5 times over the course of ten minutes, to your active co-manager, various Events Team and other staff. To which I received no reply.

Please tell me that this is not the description you gave of Era staff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
It's a circle and we're just at a bad angle.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:42 PM
ell3007 is on a distinguished road
Utopia is pretty bad and btw Quian'Dor doesn't suck...
Old 11-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Billy Allan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirble View Post
The tile-set is ugly? I believe it looks quite nice, and will suit the server when finished. I believe it is far superior a tile-set than that of Utopia.

Secondly, the GUI is still being scripted but obviously I have access to it and have seen the features.

Thirdly, I don't just say Quian'Dor is better because I work there, why should I, what motive would I have to say it's better than anything on Graal?

Fourthly, Quian'Dor does have potential, the potential is shown in the vast amounts of text based planning that Pimmeh has created. This will be shown to players over time.

End note:
Utopia is different from Era because of the staff?
I believe that they are of the same descriptions. For example, I decided to look around the server:

The staff make crude jokes during events towards one another.

Events were ruined by staff conversation through event commands (Quiz)

I asked a question, 5 times over the course of ten minutes, to your active co-manager, various Events Team and other staff. To which I received no reply.

Please tell me that this is not the description you gave of Era staff?
well, considering the staff here actually work half the time, the era staff sit there and play with a weapon or there cars that they got from editing atribs and whatnot. and hey, if its being scripted, why not show it? QierDoor is a crappy server, face it. a realistic gun server is way better than a pokemon-gameboy graphic server.