Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Stefan, I'm sure you could round up some Graal players who can do nice gfx that actually have some relation to Graal rather than these generic icons
So your volunteering to do this?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Levelsmith
TalonShriner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TalonShriner
I must concur, the icons are not in sync with the servers anymore. What are the icons for the Hosted server? They look like traffic cones. And if that's what they are supposed to be, may I ask WHY? Why traffic cones? Also, all of the icons have a light gray background and the icons them self are just very hard to see.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:57 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
I would if he asked for volunteers and no one with skill did. He wouldn't need to search these forums for people, I know a few people that would immediately jump on the idea of being able to make the server icons
Old 10-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The goal was to replace the partially childish looking icons with more professional ones. In the last 14 months no one has made new icons for the servers on the new serverlist. If someone makes a new icon for his/her server and it is good looking then it can of course replace the icon on the serverlist.

The hosted servers use some kind of "under construction" icon right now, can be improved though.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:08 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
And for those who like the blue one more than the fruity default one (see attachment).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The goal was to replace the partially childish looking icons with more professional ones.
Anyone else find this ironic? Graal changed it's website to look more childish, it changed it's theme to a more childish one, and the F8 server actually looks a little bit more childish now.

You should let the manager of each server submit their own icon. Would be nicer in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1191362899.png
Views:	155
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	42977  
Old 10-03-2007, 12:23 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
You should let the manager of each server submit their own icon. Would be nicer in my opinion.
Have you actually read my post? No one has submitted a new icon in the past 14 months. If staff don't do it then it's not our fault. Only Atlantis made a new icon, but it was quite quickly made, so I think the new one looks better.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:28 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Have you actually read my post? No one has submitted a new icon in the past 14 months. If staff don't do it then it's not our fault. Only Atlantis made a new icon, but it was quite quickly made, so I think the new one looks better.
Maybe because they didn't know they could? I'll go spread the news for the sake of my eyes.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:30 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I'm not keen at all

Like people have stated, the icons have no relation to the actual servers, in concepts or graphic style.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:31 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Most of those icons were dear to the server, the might have liked those icons as their image.

If you're going to have new icons, at least make them Graal related
Old 10-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Panda
Lao_Su2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Lao_Su2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
Those icons are ridiculous. 2K2 is a viking hat? Does 2K2 have anything to do with vikings? Like, at all? Some commando guy for Era, a server about street gangs?
/agree

Also Np gets Santa Clause....why? Haha
Old 10-03-2007, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
People would listen to Stefan.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:58 AM
Graal Administration
Ok the news is out I guess
I hope you like the improved icons and fonts on the serverlist.
If the staff of a server would like to get a different icon then contact us, or eventually submit it on the graphics forum.
Closed Thread