Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-09-2007, 12:41 PM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
So is this version changing something for you?
Did you try Graal in compatibility mode or so?
It worked somewhat before the last global update, then I started getting the AcLayers.dll error. In other words, the most recent update that all players received caused another problem with Vista. Because of that error, I can't see if the version you posted here fixes the problems from the version before the global update. I am betting if the AcLayers thing is fixed, sound will start working

It is running in compatibility mode, yes.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:42 AM
Tári o Taurë
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have attached a new Graal4.exe (v4.207) to this post. The only modification is that the sound library has been updated. Please check if this is working better.
(Windows XP x64 Graal4.exe test)
That exe does make a difference, it actually loaded without Teamspeak client running. Though it might be a glitch still from me running my processor up to about 95% inuse before I launched graal before, I will post any changes if any after a restart.

**Graal4.exe still difficult to launch.

Last edited by ReBorn_Spirit; 01-11-2007 at 12:41 AM..
Old 01-31-2007, 11:04 PM
That Guy
MS released a new Application Compatibility Toolkit to evaluate compatibility with Vista yesterday. It can be used in Win2k and WinXP
Not sure if it is of any use, but here it is:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...playlang=en%20

Old 01-31-2007, 11:29 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeToS2 View Post
MS released a new Application Compatibility Toolkit to evaluate compatibility with Vista yesterday. It can be used in Win2k and WinXP
Not sure if it is of any use, but here it is:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...playlang=en%20
That program is more for checking if the installed programs are known to work fine after OS upgrade / Windows update. It is not checking for bugs or so in the program or OS itself.
We will try to test Graal soon on Vista.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:05 AM
Banned
Mog is on a distinguished road
we need a Windows Vista compatible Graal client right away. Compatibility is set to "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" and everytime the Graal client is run, it goes through its usual auto update and once the Download Progress is at 100%, an error message is displayed on the screen:

Login
Access violation at address 6CFD1826 in module 'AcLayers.dll'. Read of Address 00000010.

I randomly get booted off the Graal client, but one thing that does close the Graal client is if you press Alt+2 to try and take a screenshot. Sometimes double-clicking on toall messages will boot me out of the Graal client too. Graphics seem ok, except for when you press the Tab button to show the text box.

Oh btw, my Windows Experience Index base score is 4.1 out of 5.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
You downloaded the latest version of Graal? It should not auto-update in that case. Also the aclayers.dll thing was eventually caused by the sound library in the old Graal version, so it might work better with the latest version.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:03 PM
D4rKv310c1ty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Want a download link to test Graal with Vista?
Are you sure you're not talking about a BETA version or the RC1 release?
Old 02-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Banned
Quote:
You downloaded the latest version of Graal? It should not auto-update in that case. Also the aclayers.dll thing was eventually caused by the sound library in the old Graal version, so it might work better with the latest version.
i have version 4.0.2.7; the client tries to update itself evertime I log into the server.

other problems include being sometimes booted off the client if I try to read PM's and when I try to download additional files such as the Level Editor, I get booted off the Graal Client too.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Graal Administration
Current version is 4.208, download it from the website. That should fix the update problem, for the other things you will need to wait until we have fully tested and fixed Graal for Vista.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Banned
i'm also missing a few folders in the Graal folder. the only folders i see are:

languages3D
levels
levels3d
sounds

I'm pretty sure there are more folders (and files) such as "PM" and "Profiles", etc... when I try to read a PM, i get booted off the Graal Client, so i can't read any PM's from anybody and it doesn't save any PM's anywhere on the hard drive. Also, one thing i noticed was that sometime I get hurt in NON-PK areas and I don't get hurt in a few PK areas on Vista (I'm not at 100ap). I don't know what the deal is, but the new version 4.2.0.8 seems a little more stable, but i still get randomly booted off the Graal Client.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Banned

Access violation at address 0040F310 in module 'Graal4.exe'. Write of adress 00000000.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:42 PM
That Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
Access violation at address 0040F310 in module 'Graal4.exe'. Write of adress 00000000.
Should also mention that this happens when you try to open PMs :P

Old 02-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Yeah, I was silly enough to buy and upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate today much to the warning of Crono, but I'm having all of these problems too.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:50 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Yeah, I was silly enough to buy and upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate today much to the warning of Crono, but I'm having all of these problems too.
Atleast your desktop is pretty now. :P
Old 02-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Ruler of the graalaxy
JkWhoSaysNi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to JkWhoSaysNi
I dont have that problem.. but whenever updateboard() is called, it causes very strange graphical errors.

Coming soon (Hopefully:P)