Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-06-2006, 01:14 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp2ukew View Post
The elephant(s) would be nice for kingdom vs kingdom RP attacks, "Emperor Brad, Dustari has created a bridge for their elephants to storm our castle!"
Uh, I think kings and **** will be NPCS, lol...
Old 10-06-2006, 01:37 PM
G2K1 Developer
ZeroTrack is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ZeroTrack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Uh, I think kings and **** will be NPCS, lol...
Yes the kings are going to be NPC's to avoid corruption in the kingdom

Old 10-06-2006, 02:04 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTrack View Post
The NPCs are ultimately controlled by someone, it is improbable that you will build a completely self aware NPC on Graal, it is too complex, so someone will have to input information, most likely a staff member, and they're just as likely to do something corrupt as any other player. The idea is stupid, and I'm willing to bet that if you made a King NPC, it'd be ignored completely, and the person next in line would act as the King.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Stupid idea, we'll see how it's carried out.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:58 PM
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
While I still disagree, rabidly, with the NPC King concept, I will at least reserve final judgement for the execution of the idea.

Besides, there's plenty of other redeeming ideas in the docs.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffonDurime View Post
Besides, there's plenty of other redeeming ideas in the docs.
Is one of the excuses "kings need queens and we all know women dont play graal so thats out of the question lolol" XD?
Old 10-07-2006, 02:06 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
The NPCs are ultimately controlled by someone, it is improbable that you will build a completely self aware NPC on Graal, it is too complex, so someone will have to input information, most likely a staff member, and they're just as likely to do something corrupt as any other player. The idea is stupid, and I'm willing to bet that if you made a King NPC, it'd be ignored completely, and the person next in line would act as the King.
Why would it need to be aware of itself? Most people in real life aren't aware of themselves most of the time. =P

You're being very limited in your thinking of what the king will be. I guess you're just assuming that it's going to be a guy who just sits in the chair and does nothing. It is not "complex" to tie in database information to an NPC. What information would a staff possibly need to input that the NPC couldn't obtain on it's own? The King will be able to tell what day/season/time it is, he'll be able to know how many people are in his kingdom, what their jobs are, how well they roleplay (to an extent), the current conditions of the kingdom/castle... this is just scratching the surface. We will not be inputting information into the King like telling him to go to war or promote certain people.

If you don't have a very good knowledge of scripting I really don't want to even see you posting that an NPC king is impossible. I'm pretty sure I also stated I don't want people putting this idea down until it's released publically and tested in an actual gameplay situation. So please drop it.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:55 AM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
It is possible, and it is silly. It's one of the most stupidest things I've ever heard because there were kings.. corrupt kings.. kings overthrown.. anything could have happened. You are preventing that aswell as tons of fun by making it an NPC.. stupid.

Though a good idea for saying stuff would be to put it in a textfile and load the vars like:

greet0=Welcome.
greet1=Hello my son.
greet2=Welcome to my Kingdom.

etc...
Old 10-07-2006, 04:10 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuJi View Post
It is possible, and it is silly. It's one of the most stupidest things I've ever heard because there were kings.. corrupt kings.. kings overthrown.. anything could have happened. You are preventing that aswell as tons of fun by making it an NPC.. stupid.

Though a good idea for saying stuff would be to put it in a textfile and load the vars like:

greet0=Welcome.
greet1=Hello my son.
greet2=Welcome to my Kingdom.

etc...
Who says there won't be corrupt kings? They will just be corrupt in a way in which the staff have control over. I don't mean we will control their corruption during the game. I mean the staff will know what to expect, and the corruption will be entirely different from anything a player king would do.

When was a player king ever corrupt in a way that fit an RP scenario? Most player king corruption was promoting friends and abusing npcs or whatever. There was no interesting corruption like a king hoarding money for himself or a king who is really allied with an enemy kingdom secretly or something...

You're still thinking inside the box on this. Also, when did any player king ever get overthrown? They didn't. Don't throw in situations with npc kings that wouldn't happen with player kings either. =P
Old 10-07-2006, 05:21 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I do not doubt you could make the NPC King, but I dislike your idea for a NPC king because you can never make it as complex as a human being. Sure you could make a database for the king, but you cannot anticipate every single event that occurs, unless you construct the kingdoms so they cannot operate outside of your parameters.

I just think having a real person makes a lot more sense, give me your reasoning for having a scripted king, and if you say 'we need to eliminate corruption', well that is just stupid. Corruption exists wherever there is power, it is wrong, but it is a part of life.

As for your post above, I am quite sure I've seen player kings get overthrown and making secret alliances, but the process wasn't smooth when these things happened (nothing a little scripting couldn't fix).

The only way I'd agree to having a NPC King would be if you could create a self aware King. So much to say but I'll try to refrain until I actually see what you can do.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
You guys have a ***** way of RP'ing. It doesn't include pk'ing or promoting your friends. Those are the real ways to RP because they're the mostly likely to happen in the situation.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias View Post
Who says there won't be corrupt kings?
Quote:
do i really need to say more?
Old 10-08-2006, 01:36 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
I disagree with making kings NPCs. But that's just me.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:00 AM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
Can NPC kings detect and kick spies, or bad roleplayers? :x
Old 10-08-2006, 02:41 PM
oldbie
brock128 is on a distinguished road
oh boy another 2k1 thread hijacked for an npc king flamewar, who'dve thunk it