Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2006, 03:47 PM
the Professional.
Raelyn will become famous soon enough
Aetherforge - LAT

Aetherforge needs at least two new LATs to help detail one of it's gmaps. Classic tileset, and open-style detailing. Basically giving LATs free reign over the detail and decor.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3...strimapud4.png

The map is a large forest, and alot of the gmap is trees, so it's alot less intimidating than a huge open 400 level gmap.

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...previewqo4.png

As you can see here I am not an LAT, but I have started to do some of the levels myself, and we do have some NPC type decorations to throw in as well.

You can contact me either here in this thread, forum PM, or on the server itself, I should be on RC.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
You had cooler ideas for a server back when you had the strategy game idea going on.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:04 PM
the Professional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin
You had cooler ideas for a server back when you had the strategy game idea going on.
I still plan to pursue them, but no one will script for me to complete these ideas, no one takes it seriously, however, once I get this classic server hosted, and classic tabbed, which isn't really difficult, hopefully people will be more apt to help me move the server in the direction that I'd like for it to go in.

I still have good ideas, I just don't have serious scripters. Ziro was helping a while back, but his work is sporadic, as he has his own server to tend to.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:49 PM
OneStonedKittah
Pooka is on a distinguished road
I haven't played Graal in quite likely over a year, though I'd be interested in the possibility of helping out. I've been looking for something to keep me occupied like this, and I prefer open, nature-esque levels to work on rather than creating buildings or towns.

I've known Graal since version 1.28 back in 'late 99 if I recall, so I'm what you might call an "Oldbie". I haven't been playing the whole time and there have been large periods of time where I haven't played at all (like the past year or more) but I've kept a passing eye and interest in what's going on with the Playerworlds and levelling in general. I've also had experience working on N-Pulse and Classic (well over 2, possibly even 3 years ago admittedly) and I think you may be interested in what I can produce. At one point I had a 100-level gmap created for a project I was working on with some very impressive cliff-work, but alas the common excuse of "I formatted without backing it up" comes to mind. In my defense I hadn't thought I'd need any of my Graal stuff, but I digress (it's 4am where I am right now, so bear with me).

Anyway, if you'd like to see what I can throw together feel free to PM me, and we can exchange contact details. I like the Gmap that I see and I'd be interested in seeing more to find out if I like what you're planning. If, of course you're interested in my services.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:11 AM
the Professional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka
I haven't played Graal in quite likely over a year, though I'd be interested in the possibility of helping out. I've been looking for something to keep me occupied like this, and I prefer open, nature-esque levels to work on rather than creating buildings or towns.

I've known Graal since version 1.28 back in 'late 99 if I recall, so I'm what you might call an "Oldbie". I haven't been playing the whole time and there have been large periods of time where I haven't played at all (like the past year or more) but I've kept a passing eye and interest in what's going on with the Playerworlds and levelling in general. I've also had experience working on N-Pulse and Classic (well over 2, possibly even 3 years ago admittedly) and I think you may be interested in what I can produce. At one point I had a 100-level gmap created for a project I was working on with some very impressive cliff-work, but alas the common excuse of "I formatted without backing it up" comes to mind. In my defense I hadn't thought I'd need any of my Graal stuff, but I digress (it's 4am where I am right now, so bear with me).

Anyway, if you'd like to see what I can throw together feel free to PM me, and we can exchange contact details. I like the Gmap that I see and I'd be interested in seeing more to find out if I like what you're planning. If, of course you're interested in my services.
I am indeed interested in your services, and I've written you in PM accordingly. Do keep in touch, I need a veteran leveler to keep with the classic level design of the server.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:57 AM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
warp2ukew will become famous soon enough
Who made the barrels?
Old 09-13-2006, 05:41 AM
Darky
Darkyoshi12345 is on a distinguished road
I like pie so I deserve to become a LAT. Thanks.

Anyways what's up with the doors? They're unnessecarily big.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn
I still plan to pursue them, but no one will script for me to complete these ideas, no one takes it seriously, however, once I get this classic server hosted, and classic tabbed, which isn't really difficult, hopefully people will be more apt to help me move the server in the direction that I'd like for it to go in.

I still have good ideas, I just don't have serious scripters. Ziro was helping a while back, but his work is sporadic, as he has his own server to tend to.
Ahem, I s'pose I *could* turn my old engine into gs2 and 'finish' it up a bit

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-13-2006, 08:01 PM
the Professional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp2ukew
Who made the barrels?
I made the barrels, and the door.

Gishelm made the mushrooms.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:13 PM
the Professional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkyoshi12345
I like pie so I deserve to become a LAT. Thanks.

Anyways what's up with the doors? They're unnessecarily big.
They were designed for larger player bodies.