Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-13-2006, 01:31 AM
Varia Developer
Angel_Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel_Light Send a message via MSN to Angel_Light
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerogue
Yes. Because it's the most populated and noone likes to examine other servers. UN is noob. Always will be. It was good about 4 years ago. Now it's just irritating. It's dominating the list for no reason and deserves to be shut down.
I agree, I'm not try to bash UN or anything just 'people are sometimes afraid to leave the box'
Old 08-13-2006, 01:43 AM
Registered Omega
killerogue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to killerogue Send a message via MSN to killerogue
No. I am trying to bash UN. It's lame. There's nothing fun. They constantly try to bring fun things there. Everything "fun" lasts for a week if even that. Then it's boring again. I think they're wasting the talent that is there. Between Firedemon and Skrobo they could make a tileset that fit the name Unholy Nation and some bad*** stuff in there.

REMEMBER, IF YOU REP ME, LEAVE A NAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
Graal admins don't die. They go to hell and regroup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Without scripters, your graphics and levels wouldn't do anything but sit there and look pretty.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:04 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
No. I am trying to bash UN. It's lame. There's nothing fun. They constantly try to bring fun things there. Everything "fun" lasts for a week if even that. Then it's boring again. I think they're wasting the talent that is there. Between Firedemon and Skrobo they could make a tileset that fit the name Unholy Nation and some bad*** stuff in there.
If you think it's lame, ignore it, and dont ever logon their again. Don't bash playerworlds.

Also, most staff are busy with the new overworld and all.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:13 AM
Registered Omega
:P You're right Matt. Sorry for bashing.

Quote:
Quote:
Without scripters, your graphics and levels wouldn't do anything but sit there and look pretty.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:02 AM
I am Tig.
BigNoobie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BigNoobie
The main reason you have to pay in order to have a playerworld is, it takes up space on Graal's servers. If they were to shut down servers because there hasn't been any activity in a month, not only would that be a big hassel for global administrators to check every server, it would be a waste of time, and a loss to graal in a whole.
1) People would stop purchasing space to host their playerworlds on.
2) Many people would complain.
3) Taking away someones work for not doing something for a month, would be like having a storage space, you still pay for, and since you don't go there for a month, they just throw all your stuff out and get some new people to rent it out.

Not only do I have to say that what you have said, killerogue, is insane, but it's also incredibly stupid. I have to say, thank god, you or anyone who agrees with you, is not a Playerworld Administration team member. Also, to Yen: I have high doubts unixmad will bring Zodiac back in order to be put on the Classic list, but best of luck. To matt: Atrius hasn't done anything in months, how does that have any hope?

To whoever said the thing about the lawsuits, Graal's Code of Conduct basically has it set up to where you can't sue them. Sorry killerogue, nice thoughts, but most of them wouldn't work out.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:07 AM
Registered Omega
Did you hear me say, "Not a month. Let's go with James idea and have playerworlds NOT shut down if they don't pass. But maybe cited or something?" Did you see that? No I don't think you did. And the main point of me starting this thread good sir was not to express ideas but to talk about the current state of Graal Onlines community and how it has been constantly since 2k2 been falling at a rate. :P I understand what you're saying. But please notice how I have changed my thoughts according to what people have said. As well as refer to some earlier posts. Come on man read things before you post to something I have changed. And actually some of my "ideas" would be put to good use. Such as if a playerworld was to be inspected then they as well if fallen behind could receive help. :O From a global help team? XD

Quote:
:P Let's use Koni's ideas and the edited idea of mine by James. Let's say Playerworlds should be inspected and if they don't pass they WONT be shut down. But will be cited or whatever or something. Then use Koni's ideas as well. Would be nice.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-13-2006, 10:22 AM
SL Oldbie
Loakey_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Loakey_P2P Send a message via Yahoo to Loakey_P2P
well let's look at it like this . if you went to the mall and bought a new pair on nikes . when you left the store you were stoped for jaywalking across the street so they confiscate your shoes and refuse to give them back so you have to go buy another pair . is this fair ? f*** no . when i bought my first server i had no intent to make a classic playerworld . my actual intent was to have a place i could go and learn to script freely without restriction . now being a paying customer i am intitled to this am i not . to do with this server as i see fit under the rules and regulation's placed on it by the graal authority's . which is , no racism , no sexual content , limited violence ect . no where does developemnt status fall into this , as it shouldnt .

or are you gona keep stealing my money just becouse im not doing what you want ? weither or not the server is going to go somewhere shouldnt be anyone's concern but the player who bought it , as long as they arnt just abuseing power's and player's they arnt doing any harm to anyone but expanding their knowldge of graal . franklly , i think you all need to either go start a player world , get a job on a playerworld or just stop playing graal all together . and give up with the money bs , stefan and unixmad arnt on wellfare .

they are aparently do just fine as they have kept graal going for this long and we havent heard them saying graal is in danger of going under . they aparently make enough from this to keep a company going and make a living for themself's . im sure they'd like to have more money but who wouldnt ? to make people buy a server , then take it away from them and make them buy it again is tyrant'ish . not saying stefan and unixmad are as they didnt bring this conversation up or back it .

however sooner or later we are all gona have to get a grip on the fact that we are not the harverd educated buisnessmen and this may just be abit out of our league . so rather then tell people how to do their job let's be thankfull that they have done their job well enough to keep us all eatertained for this long and leave all the decision making up to them . if people want more playerworld's comeing out them they need to start work on server's , help and already existing server get finished or just not worry about it . as making even tighter restriction's arnt gona help more stuff come out any faster . the problem is not quility control . it's the graal developmenter's number . it has been dwindleing and continues to do so . however good intention's you have with this , they arnt comeing out good . what your wanting to do is help server's by making it harder for them to grow . this is not helpfull , its quite the opposite .
-Past Sl Jobs * ET/LAT/NAT/LAT Admin/Developer/Admin/Head Admin/Asst. Manager/Manager
-Current Job - Retired

*Sorry you must have mistaken me for someone that cares .
Old 08-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Registered Omega
Once again. Everyone read this. I CHANGED MY POSITION ON THE MATTER. TO NOT HAVE PLAYERWORLDS SHUT DOWN IF THEY DON'T PASS AN INSPECTION.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Cult of the Winky
DarkShadows_Legend is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadows_Legend
hmm. I don't see how it went from subject A to UN. UN has more content than a few classic playerworlds even if they merged content. and of course the silly lovable noobs. Of course people are going to play there.

Anyways ... on topic.

Why do we see more and more failing playerworlds?
Not many developers.

Why haven't there been any new late additions to Classic? Gold?
Gold - I don't know. Classic - well. Theres tons of reasons, but I blame it on loyalty and 'jerky-substitute-nasty-word-here' renters/managers. Few developers are loyal, and lots of these 'jsnwh' are well bad. Something always goes wrong and they lose their talented staff. Talented staff don't want to develop a playerworld for ******* X to run it and kick them out.

There's a few nice looking private playerworlds. I hope they make it and are worth playing. Not just eyecandy graphics with some button smashing.

What has happened to Graal?
The community's population fell. Less players led to less talent. They need to find ways of drawing in more people.
The old communities was so large that it was never hard to find a developer. There was always some feud going on between player X, Y and Z from so and so's new super elite guild.

Also, its late so I'm sorry if some points are vague or unclear as to what I mean. I agree with Koni with the benefits and the stuff James205 said is like what I was thinking.

I do agree they may be a bit high, but it doesn't change the fact that no playerworlds are even getting to the stage when they can be tested against the criteria.
What exactly is the criteria at the moment?

"I rather be hated for being myself, than be liked for being what you like best. I go above the influence, not under." - Me
Old 08-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadows_Legend
I do agree they may be a bit high, but it doesn't change the fact that no playerworlds are even getting to the stage when they can be tested against the criteria.
What exactly is the criteria at the moment?
You should use quote tags, I nearly skipped your post, but then realised you were quoting in bold.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=51043
Old 08-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
I personally believe that in order for us to increase the lack of classic playerworlds...that all of graal's developers should come together as team and attempt to finish all servers that have any potential in them, that way we as a community would know that something is getting done for graal. (I know this probably will never happen because of how stubborn most people on graal are, but its a good idea none-the-less).
Old 08-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Future Coder
Sum41Freeeeek is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sum41Freeeeek
Mange, Hachi, and I (maybe a few others) played old Era a lot, and played current Era
a lot before we became apart of the staff team. We had plenty of ideas that probably
could of brought up the playercount back up, but with the frequent manager changes
this was not possible. Other staff also told Hachi that he couldn't do certain things, but
didn't realize this would help bring the playercount up.

Most of the Staff on Era right now has no damn clue that what they're doing is going
to ruin Era completley. Era is in the ****ter right now.

As for other playerworlds, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure they are dying too.
omg just go to your room and draw a pony then

**** the chicken wings!
Old 08-14-2006, 05:03 AM
Thrashsoul3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Era has no manager.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:01 AM
Future Coder
Sum41Freeeeek is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sum41Freeeeek
It does, but nobody sticks with it.
Hell, I don't even remember the order in which managers was passed. It's been changed
atleast 10 times since the last reset.
omg just go to your room and draw a pony then

**** the chicken wings!
Old 08-17-2006, 01:00 AM
Cult of the Winky
DarkShadows_Legend is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadows_Legend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910
You should use quote tags, I nearly skipped your post, but then realised you were quoting in bold.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=51043
My bad, its been a while since I posted in a forum. Well I think those standards are fair, maybe even too easy.

"I rather be hated for being myself, than be liked for being what you like best. I go above the influence, not under." - Me