Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Scripter
ZeLpH_MyStiK is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ZeLpH_MyStiK Send a message via Yahoo to ZeLpH_MyStiK
Serverlister

I am pretty sure Stefan has noticed this problem. Recently, Serverlister has been disconnecting random players on servers. Both N-Pulse and Maloria has been experiencing this problem. Just wondering if someone is looking into this problem and why this is happening since no one seems to have mentioned this on the forums.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
It isn't random players as such, nor is it a problem; it's a new system in place to prevent account sharing. If one account is online from two (or more) different IP addresses or PC IDs, the second client to log on with the account is disconnected. I am not sure if the original player is disconnected, though.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:16 PM
:pluffy:
Chris is on a distinguished road
Era RC is spammed with it and so is every other server. Lame account sharing!
Old 06-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Era RC is spammed with it and so is every other server. Lame account sharing!
Stefan was saying the other day that the notifications generated by the serverlister might be removed from RC chat, since it does cause a lot of spam.

Also the latest version of the gserver give the correct disconnect reason, but this isn't uploaded on all machines yet.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
It's disconnecting the already logged in player, since sometimes people are disconnected from the isp and their account stays online. Will try to update the gserver today or tomorrow.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:28 PM
unsoundness
Ibonic will become famous soon enough
This also happens when we /global disconnect someone, usually after banning.

I'm glad to know this is in effect now, I suggested it to Unixmad (for Stefan) a lot recently. I'd like to see it automatically force a password change (or something similar) if someone from a different ISP tries to log in at the same time too, but I'm not sure if that's being considered.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Script-fu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibonic
This also happens when we /global disconnect someone, usually after banning.

I'm glad to know this is in effect now, I suggested it to Unixmad (for Stefan) a lot recently. I'd like to see it automatically force a password change (or something similar) if someone from a different ISP tries to log in at the same time too, but I'm not sure if that's being considered.
Surely that'd throw a lot of people into misery if it happened just by accident or so (multiple computers between two different houses or so) and they do not own the original email address?
Old 06-21-2006, 05:43 PM
unsoundness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld
Surely that'd throw a lot of people into misery if it happened just by accident or so (multiple computers between two different houses or so) and they do not own the original email address?
I understand it can happen, but they shouldn't really be logging into the same account at different locations simultaneously anyway. I'm not suggesting to ban it just because the ISP or computer ID differs from the last time they logged on.

Also, if they don't have the e-mail address anymore, they should be updating it. People are stealing accounts lately by recreating those old/inactive e-mail addresses - there's a thread about what we're going to do in the private forums.

Last edited by Ibonic; 06-21-2006 at 05:53 PM..
Old 06-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Bells doppleganger
nikomi946 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to nikomi946 Send a message via AIM to nikomi946 Send a message via Yahoo to nikomi946
The system shouldn't be considered spam, it should be considered as helpful information. Ibonics right, the account scams are rampant and its the responsibility of graalonline to do what it needs to do to protect paid accounts. Even if it does mean some minor inconviences to the lazy bums that would prefer not to have to worry about updating their emails or changing their passwords. Those are the ones that once their account is stolen yell the loudest. I personally think it should be automated so that it requires you confirm or update your email every 6 months or so. Everyone here knows the rules, no account sharing.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:43 PM
Maniaman is on a distinguished road
I always thought it would be nice to have a sort of 'console' tab on the RC, where server messages pop up, then have the RC Chat tab for just RC chat or very important messages.

Current Maloria Event: (click to go to it)
Old 06-21-2006, 06:47 PM
unsoundness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibonic
I understand it can happen, but they shouldn't really be logging into the same account at different locations simultaneously anyway. I'm not suggesting to ban it just because the ISP or computer ID differs from the last time they logged on.
Hmm, just now thought that maybe we could let it slide the first and second time, but on the 3rd occurrence (maybe within a week/month or so) it would force the password change. It could also notify them of that so they'd be warned and it wouldn't be so "accidental". That way if it is multiple people, chances of it being triggered are greater because it's actually shared and they weren't all warned - well, unless they tell each other.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Graal2001 Administration
contiga is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to contiga Send a message via AIM to contiga Send a message via MSN to contiga Send a message via Yahoo to contiga
It's quite annoying actually, I have one PC to do development on, and one to play on, and they are mostly both running, and when I wan't to play, I leave my work-pc on, for some online time ( ) and go play on the other one, but now I can't anymore, since I'm being disconnected then! Rawr
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
I am also awake 3AM to help correct problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomy Island RC people
Daniel: HoudiniMan is a bad guy =p
*Bell: rofl. I first read that as houdini is a bad man. like the little kid that wants his mommy to keep her away from that boogie man
Daniel: xD
*Rufus: I wouldn't want my kids around him.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:50 AM
Scripter
ZeLpH_MyStiK is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ZeLpH_MyStiK Send a message via Yahoo to ZeLpH_MyStiK
Maybe this system shouldn't detect pc id and have a range on the ip checks (i.e. maybe the last three digits on the ip shouldn't be checked).
Old 06-22-2006, 03:58 AM
Scriptess
calani is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to calani
just make it from the same ip (if you're on the same network under a router, all the computers would be using the same ip). thus, you could be logged in on two computers without getting d/ced for account sharing.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:57 AM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeLpH_MyStiK
Maybe this system shouldn't detect pc id and have a range on the ip checks (i.e. maybe the last three digits on the ip shouldn't be checked).
The most common type of account sharing is between people who are friends in real life. Having this kind of a hole in the checking scheme would allow people who live close by eachother to still share accounts.

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")