Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Graal Kingdoms Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-07-2006, 07:16 PM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
Graal Kingdoms Soccer League Announcement!

GKSL – Graal Kingdoms Soccer League

Important message! This is the announcement concerning the creation of the Graal Kingdoms Soccer League! Please read the rules and get a team together to compete for the grand prize!!

All players wishing to apply for a team get the account name:nickname of each of your players and a desired team color. Then PM me, Sam, Sage, or one of the other EM's or post in this thread.

Teams

- All teams will consist of 5 members
- Games will consist of 3 players playing. The reason for this is so that it is more likely enough of your team will be on to play a game
- Give your team a team name, get your members names together (account:nick) and post it here when you’ve got it all together.
- Games will be scheduled, or played at random when two teams can play and the EM’s are around.
- Wins:Losses:Goals will be recorded and the league will continue until every team has played a sufficient number of games.
- You may plan strategy and positions however you like. Don’t want a goalie? Don’t have one. Want to perform a flying V for a sure goal? Go for it.
- If a team only has 2 players on at the time of a game, they may replace their third player with a member of the GK community. However this person may NOT be registered on another GKSL team and will receive no prize at the end of the season.
-Each team will receive their own uniform. This will be an NPC which can be equipped and will change your outfit to your team's colors.
-In the works, I'm working on gfx for it, but I'm not very good so I'm still hoping some of the graphics forums mates will contribute to the project.

Games

- All games will be 3 v 3
- All games will end when one team scores 10 goals or 20 minutes of regulation time have passed.
-All games will be timed for a 10 minute length. The team with more goals at the end of 10 minutes is the winner. If the teams are tied at the end of 10 minutes, see the next rule.
-We have not decided which scoring system to go with, offer your input and help us decide!-
- If the teams are tied after 20 minutes of regulation time have passed, a sudden death round will be played in which the next team to score wins.

EMs

- Preferably 2 EM’s will be present for each game, however one EM can run a game if they feel up to the challenge.
- One EM will be in charge of watching play and making sure everything runs smoothly, the other will be in charge of keeping exact score and keeping time on the 20 minute clock (just a watch IRL). These duties may be split up differently at time of game via EM decisions.
- If the ball becomes glitched outside of the field and the game must be reset, the EM in charge of score will then become the official scoreboard. He/She will keep the current score displayed in a text above their head, especially at kickoffs.
- TC will be used to split the teams up. The tags should state two things.
o Team Name
o Whether they are the North or South Squad – This is to prevent confusion at any time as to who should be shooting on what goal.
- If an EM feels that a player should be removed from the game or a team should be disqualified at any time, play should be stopped and a discussion should occur between the two EMs. If they feel fit to remove or disqualify, then it shall be so
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 05-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
MisterMastermind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MisterMastermind Send a message via MSN to MisterMastermind
Quote:
Originally Posted by CidNight1142
-We have not decided which scoring system to go with, offer your input and help us decide!-
Just offering input, 10-20 games per team, in the end the team with most total goals versus the team with most wins? If it's the same then they're undisputed.

I believe in karma, so that I may do bad things to people and assume they deserve it.

Much love to all of the Xanadu's; Pip, BrAwLeR, Huwajux, Jo, KDS, RayP2P, Kenjaro, TripleE, Rykuz, Stoned4Life, juice188, Albi5erind, Tenchry_P2P, ryohazuki90, littlec, Snoro, MajinDragon, Allen, Spanishmafia1643, zwill, Wolfey, HitmanJ2XX, and UnknownMastermind.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:21 AM
I Fight Bears
Well, that sytem would only work with the 10 minute game system, seeing as if we did 10 point games the team with the most wins would invariably have the most goals as well. Unless someone else won alot of overtime games.
Robert Frost
Old 05-09-2006, 01:25 AM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
MisterMastermind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MisterMastermind Send a message via MSN to MisterMastermind
Quote:
Well, that sytem would only work with the 10 minute game system, seeing as if we did 10 point games the team with the most wins would invariably have the most goals as well. Unless someone else won alot of overtime games.
Ok, if it hits 10 before the 10 minute mark, have the teams with the least total time go at it.

I believe in karma, so that I may do bad things to people and assume they deserve it.

Much love to all of the Xanadu's; Pip, BrAwLeR, Huwajux, Jo, KDS, RayP2P, Kenjaro, TripleE, Rykuz, Stoned4Life, juice188, Albi5erind, Tenchry_P2P, ryohazuki90, littlec, Snoro, MajinDragon, Allen, Spanishmafia1643, zwill, Wolfey, HitmanJ2XX, and UnknownMastermind.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:30 AM
I Fight Bears
Well, I'll tell you this. If we're going to time them strictly enough that we would have the total times for the teams (IE, if Stefan scripted a timer or if we run a stop watch IRL), then we'll be doing the most goals in ten minutes system. I'll definately contemplate the final showdown between those two teams though, would make it a nice big event.
Robert Frost
Old 05-09-2006, 01:45 AM
tao_clan1 is on a distinguished road
I think it would be a good idea if the players of the winning team at the end of each game receive 1 event coin each, just to get more into the economy. If the new event shop idea gets uploaded, then ECs will most probably sky-rocket in price at the rate they are being released now.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:40 AM
I Fight Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by tao_clan1
I think it would be a good idea if the players of the winning team at the end of each game receive 1 event coin each, just to get more into the economy. If the new event shop idea gets uploaded, then ECs will most probably sky-rocket in price at the rate they are being released now.
That would be alot of event coins, considering we're considering on running alot of games once this gets up and running. I'll run it by Sam and see what he thinks, but we've been upping the amount of ECs given out recently anyways. There has been no official word (as far as I've heard) that the EC shop will actually be extended. Until the time when that seems more probable, I don't think we need to worry about overextending the inflation of event coins.
Robert Frost
Old 05-09-2006, 04:09 PM
"seized by somnolence"
sage_scooby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMastermind
Just offering input, 10-20 games per team, in the end the team with most total goals versus the team with most wins? If it's the same then they're undisputed.
I dont like this idea at all. I'd prefer different brackets, teams face teams in each bracket and the top teams from each bracket play for the title.

On a side note if any EMs want to participate can they still host games as long as they dont host games for their own team?

-[email protected]
Old 05-09-2006, 06:07 PM
I Fight Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage_scooby
I dont like this idea at all. I'd prefer different brackets, teams face teams in each bracket and the top teams from each bracket play for the title.

On a side note if any EMs want to participate can they still host games as long as they dont host games for their own team?
Well, I think we want it to run a bit more like a league and less like a tournament, so I don't know if we'll have a bracket until maybe later.

And yes, EMs can host the games whenever they see fit, as long as no particular team gets too many games played ahead.
Robert Frost
Old 05-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage_scooby

this would be kinda a problem because how hard would it be to get both teams on at the same time as two event masters. If you do it as a league you can host the events at any convienent time. Also if one team becomes inactive it won't effect the whole bracket system. You could just remove them from the league instead of having to redo the whole bracket.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:39 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Added a command for EMs to set the soccer team names: "set teams team1,team2"
Old 05-31-2006, 12:50 AM
~~Paul
alarid0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to alarid0 Send a message via MSN to alarid0
Hm I just now saw this "Each time will have their own unique uniform" thing ... are the 9 different ones I gave Sam enough? There couldn't be more than that needed...
Old 05-31-2006, 04:19 AM
I Fight Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by alarid0
Hm I just now saw this "Each time will have their own unique uniform" thing ... are the 9 different ones I gave Sam enough? There couldn't be more than that needed...
I'm sure that will be more than enough. They look really good by the way!
Robert Frost
Old 05-31-2006, 08:38 AM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I'm sure that will be more than enough. They look really good by the way!
Yes, they are very nice. I think 9 are enough. Now we need a good script to change clothes for events.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:42 AM
sam_is_me is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Yes, they are very nice. I think 9 are enough. Now we need a good script to change clothes for events.
How about just an npc that is limited to only available when they are on the field? This may cause some problems to when they leave they'll still be on they're uniform gfx, but does anyone really care? Let them wear it.