Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-17-2006, 01:27 AM
The David
Projectshifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Projectshifter Send a message via AIM to Projectshifter Send a message via MSN to Projectshifter Send a message via Yahoo to Projectshifter
RC2 with proxy issue

Sadly the only way I can get around my university's firewall is through a private proxy that I setup. I'm running RC2 through sockscap but it gives errors when I try and launch it. First one is:
"Couldn't open shared file mapping Sc32Share.<mem address stuff>: The system cannot find the file specified. (errnum=2)"
then it just gives a "Launcher: empty command line" error. I have tried it on three different computers with the same results. Running the old RC works fine. Also since my Graal v4 updated again it says that my firewall is blocking it and to check my network connection (which is fine and valid). Any ideas?
Old 03-17-2006, 02:56 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
RC2 is using the same ports like RC1 though, so I guess it is my some problem with the firewall rules or the sockscap configuration
Old 03-18-2006, 09:48 AM
The David
Projectshifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Projectshifter Send a message via AIM to Projectshifter Send a message via MSN to Projectshifter Send a message via Yahoo to Projectshifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
RC2 is using the same ports like RC1 though, so I guess it is my some problem with the firewall rules or the sockscap configuration
Like I said, it's got the same exact configuration on all three computers as RC1, except it is RemoteControl2.exe. It doesn't matter about the firewall because it's running through sockscap. I don't see why RC1 would work and RC2 wouldn't when they're being run in the exact same manner, on the exact same computer.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:47 PM
G2K1 Developer
ZeroTrack is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ZeroTrack
Could be that someone else in your university was connecting out a lot with remotecontrol2.exe and they blocked the application , or they could've blocked any application sending and receiving packets with the name remotecontrol or similar in it *remote* or so, i know i've done that on some personal company firewalls because most backdoors have the name remote in them =p

this is not likely , but possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectshifter
Like I said, it's got the same exact configuration on all three computers as RC1, except it is RemoteControl2.exe. It doesn't matter about the firewall because it's running through sockscap. I don't see why RC1 would work and RC2 wouldn't when they're being run in the exact same manner, on the exact same computer.

Old 03-22-2006, 06:48 AM
Scripter
ZeLpH_MyStiK is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ZeLpH_MyStiK Send a message via Yahoo to ZeLpH_MyStiK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTrack
Could be that someone else in your university was connecting out a lot with remotecontrol2.exe and they blocked the application , or they could've blocked any application sending and receiving packets with the name remotecontrol or similar in it *remote* or so, i know i've done that on some personal company firewalls because most backdoors have the name remote in them =p

this is not likely , but possible
Very farfetched.