Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
About spells that are supposed to be non-working please read http://wiki.graal.net/index.php/Worl...s/Spells_Guide
x.x The stuff about non-working spells is strange unless you heavily modified the spells to do different things. Speedball is just a projectile like magic bullet. Vitriol splash isn't a spell, but an effect from the Balor prayer, Vitriol. Lastly, I don't understand why dragonsbreath, color spray, comet, and meteor swarm would not be in book form, since they're all balanced to work as learnable spells (High damage, but very high spellpoint cost).

Also, it should be known that you cannot create bolts unless you use create missile scrolls because you can't weild a crossbow and cast create missile.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin
What causes the scared flag to come up? Also, what are the current effects for fear and confusion?
Confusion doesn't have an effect right now I think, fear (scared) is reducing your chance to hit someone, but since everyone has that flag right now it is not unbalancing things right now.

Quote:
I may create an account on Graalbible once I find a significant number of things out of place. However, they will be reported on here first.
You don't need to create any account to read or write something there.

About vitriol splash: it is an actual spell (test it on debug).
Old 03-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Update: Fixed the hit radius of the spells, that was the problem of the spells being too strong. So they are hitting more exact now.
Since they are back to their old power and the hit area is smaller, we added the freezing effect again and doubled the power of all spells.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:46 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
fear (scared) is reducing your chance to hit someone
Lowered accuracy should have more to do with blinding, as your vision would be impaired.

Also, instead of putting the unlearnable spells on books or scrolls, (Especially since people will be writing level 107 Meteor Swarm scrolls.) put the spells on heavy rods and wands, since they have more to do with charges than available mana.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:10 AM
Stiff Upper Lip
Zero Hour is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zero Hour
I think it would be nice if "Fear" inspired "Heroism" with a chance of doing 5x normal damage for 2 minutes with chances of 1/1000.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:27 AM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Also, instead of putting the unlearnable spells on books or scrolls, (Especially since people will be writing level 107 Meteor Swarm scrolls.) put the spells on heavy rods and wands, since they have more to do with charges than available mana.
Meteor swarm can't be written on scrolls... and please no... the last thing anyone wants is the physique majors having free access to meteor swarms at low costs.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:58 AM
skyler87 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skyler87
Quote:
Confusion doesn't have an effect right now I think, fear (scared) is reducing your chance to hit someone, but since everyone has that flag right now it is not unbalancing things right now.
Confusion distorts your ability to create spell scrolls and inscribe basically anything else. I.E., try to inscribe a scroll of restoration and it will make a scroll of armor out of it instead. Basically useless, I think it would be nice if confusion had some kind of effect in battle.
As for fear, I don't think it does anything. Seems like it might add a bit more damage, though that might just be in my mind. Fear would be pretty useful, too, if it had some kind of effect.

Edit: I also think it would be really neat if Life Stealing, Ghosthit, Depletion, and all that other stuff was implemented into weapons too. I think the game lacks attacktypes as it is, maybe that's just my opinion.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:10 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Lowered accuracy should have more to do with blinding, as your vision would be impaired.
There are no spells that can cause blindness, however.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:01 AM
Mercenary
Raziel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Raziel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
I think light does...I might be wrong, though.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:07 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
As Raz said, light should, and a number of Dian's spells probably should as well, if they don't already.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
This was a nice update, all though its impossible to kill people now. If they have over 2 speed, they just run out of the way constantly.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OasaTor_PK
This was a nice update, all though its impossible to kill people now. If they have over 2 speed, they just run out of the way constantly.
Then use a spell that targets?

As for the color spray spell, I thought Create Pool of Chaos was producing a color spray?

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 03-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApothiX
Then use a spell that targets?

As for the color spray spell, I thought Create Pool of Chaos was producing a color spray?
Oh, so I should use a magic bullet? By the time its casted they are standing infront of me swining and all I can do is run.

**NINJA EDIT**

Okay, this is retarded. Forked lightning, which is leucs highest spell does a whopping 1 damage a hit to everyone I have tried it against. Thats WAY to weak for a spell that is that hard to obtain.

Last edited by OasaTor_PK; 03-02-2006 at 08:36 PM..
Old 03-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OasaTor_PK

Oh, so I should use a magic bullet? By the time its casted they are standing infront of me swining and all I can do is run.

**NINJA EDIT**

Okay, this is retarded. Forked lightning, which is leucs highest spell does a whopping 1 damage a hit to everyone I have tried it against. Thats WAY to weak for a spell that is that hard to obtain.
Oh my. Someone's mad that he can't still insta-kill 110s at level 19 magic.

That's a shame man, a real shame.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Stiff Upper Lip
Zero Hour is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zero Hour
Quote:
Oh my. Someone's mad that he can't still insta-kill 110s at level 19 magic.

That's a shame man, a real shame.
Yea, you're right Draenin. 1 damage with one of the hardest spells to acquire from a specific God is totally ok.

Somethings a little fishy in my last statement, can you find it?