Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-25-2006, 06:18 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Exclamation New Spell System & New Bomboria

The spell system has been redone on Graal Kingdoms - all spells are working now and are more effective. You can cast by mouse and easily target enemies. Watch the Spells Guide for more information.

We have also redone the starting tasks, they are now taking part in New Bomboria, which is bigger now and divided into an east, central and west part. New players can directly get in contact with the existing player base and the starting tasks have been improved to work better and can be mouse driven.

As a special bonus we have also improved the effects for hitting enemies or failing (only hitting their armour).

About balancing: Most spells have been drastically modified so it's normal that some are overpowered. Also there are spells which didn't work at all before. Best is to help us to modify them, give us the names of the spells which are overpowered or still not good enough.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:22 AM
Stiff Upper Lip
Zero Hour is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zero Hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
)
About balancing: Most spells have been drastically modified so it's normal that some are overpowered. Also there are spells which didn't work at all before. Best is to help us to modify them, give us the names of the spells which are overpowered or still not good enough.
Just as I had anticipated you would say.

I have to say - the new spell system is very pretty, you did a great job.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:05 AM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice yes. However:

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=64336

Old 02-25-2006, 07:06 AM
Proto Steele~EventsMaster
protozero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to protozero
Well, I really do like the new graphics of the spells. ( Except Sunspead, I liked the old fireworks ) Almost every spell is overpowerd, Ice storm can kill anyone dead in their tracks, lightning as well. Any spell I've seen seems to have a very large but invisable damaging area. I noticed when someone casted a fire ball wall, it hit a wall way across my screen, but it hurt me and I couldn't see anything on or around me except the fire ball that hit a wall across my screen. Flaming aura, Fire wall, and Fire bolt is over powerd. There's many more thta I've forgoten, or just know of.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:23 AM
skyler87 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skyler87
Yeah, this new system is nice, and you will get nothing but good replies from the people who HAVEN'T put thousands of hours and loads of dedication into leveling and trying to become the best. Great GFX's, but...
-You can't move at all, because of the hit gani when magic attacks you
-Magic does way too much damage...Two icestorms will kill me, with 55 magic resist and 35 cold
-Heavy rods are way, way too overpowered now. A good mage is no match for a level 1 magic barbarian who just happens to have 5 heavy rods of icestorm.
-Spells do not stop hitting you. Hell, they hit you even if they miss you. Once someone starts casting, there is no escape; you can't move because of the hit gani, and if you somehow do manage to move, the magic will continue hitting you until you die ;/
I could name a few more, but it's not worth it...I know that something will be done about all this, nerfed or w/e, but my question...Will it be nerfed anywhere near enough?
Old 02-25-2006, 07:29 AM
gess hew
lordbosh will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lordbosh
The new update is probably the most promising update we've seen to date. But with such an update will always come plenty of bugs. I agree that alot of the magic is way too strong, but dont nerf it too much, or else we will have the same old problems again.

Maybe with the round based fighting the magic wont be as effective though? I suppose we have to see what Stefan says and does though to find out whats going to happen.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:39 AM
skyler87 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skyler87
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordbosh
The new update is probably the most promising update we've seen to date. But with such an update will always come plenty of bugs. I agree that alot of the magic is way too strong, but dont nerf it too much, or else we will have the same old problems again.

Maybe with the round based fighting the magic wont be as effective though? I suppose we have to see what Stefan says and does though to find out whats going to happen.
I'll agree with that...It truly is a promising update, one of the biggest i've seen in the history of GK, it just needs some uh...serious revision ;x
Guess i'm kinda going on a hot streak, but yeah, I think they're doing a good thing. I just hope that staff will take the opinions of the players into consideration.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
Many spells are causing stun lock on players.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:42 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Hmmm we have different options to make some overpowered spells less strong:
- don't freeze the player (like melee attacks do) or at least freeze less long
- reduce the number of hits the spells do (how often they attack)
- reduce the hitpoints the spells take
Say what you prefer.

About overpowered spells:
- when testing flaming aura it was not hurting more than before, also it disappears faster, why is it too powerful?
- are all bolt spells overpowered? (lightning, firebolt, manabolt etc)

About wands with charges: Should they take more time to fire the spell?
Old 02-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
[QUOTE=Stefan]
- when testing flaming aura it was not hurting more than before, also it disappears faster, why is it too powerful?
QUOTE]
It doesnt hurt at all anymore.

And just get rid of stunlock and read ed's post in the other thread I think he has a good Idea.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:02 PM
I just found a Bug where you can cast in the water and thats straight up lame.... All you do is double click and it will cast
Old 02-25-2006, 08:03 PM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubes
And just get rid of stunlock and read ed's post in the other thread I think he has a good Idea.
The stun part yes. However also the part where as long as someone locks on you and your in the same level you get hit. I think the spell should actually have to hit you or have a couple pixels around depending on the spell to do damage.

Old 02-25-2006, 08:08 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
Hmmm we have different options to make some overpowered spells less strong:
- don't freeze the player (like melee attacks do) or at least freeze less long
- reduce the number of hits the spells do (how often they attack)
- reduce the hitpoints the spells take
Say what you prefer.
-freeze less long
- reduce the hitpoints the spells take.

And btw: New Bomboria: there should be a mine for trials!
Old 02-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
And btw: New Bomboria: there should be a mine for trials!
Yeah then I don't have to walk to bum**** eygpt to get a peice of iron
Old 02-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
-freeze less long
- reduce the hitpoints the spells take.
Yup. That's all that needs to be changed. The multihit thing is nice for spells, because if a player wants to dawdle in the spell area, they deserve to continue taking more damage. However, the hurt gani is making it impossible for a player to escape the spellcloud. The character should only get the hurt gani if they get hit, and if they linger in the spellcloud for more than 5 seconds or so, which is plenty of time to escape.