Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-23-2006, 07:19 PM
In the real world ogod.
Skrobo2 is on a distinguished road
We will finish the playerworld because Shawn wanted it finished. Don't say he didn't care about it and don't say he's retarded. Shawn did care about the server, because if he didn't he wouldn't have spent so much time on it and he wouldn't have asked Malinko to finish it. Why he took his own life, no one here knows. Something made him decide that he didn't want to live anymore and so he took his own life. Don't say he was retarded for doing it. And the people that are saying he shouldn't get any respect or recognition because he killed himself need to shut up. The tragedy here is that people only run their mouths and pick on others to make themselves feel good and powerful. But, they don't realize how much their words can hurt the person that they're picking on. The sad thing is that someone who was a very talented and nice person was driven to kill himself. The playerworld will continue to be worked on in his memory and because it is a very nice playerworld. If you don't like the fact that we are going to finish it in his name and memory the keep it to yourself, because I for one don't care what you have to say.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:29 PM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrobo2
We will finish the playerworld because Shawn wanted it finished.
I remember a post by Shawn i believe saying that his S64 Games website was more profitable then graal, and a better use of his time. But no one ever wants their work wasted.

Quote:
Don't say he didn't care about it and don't say he's retarded.
No one said he was retarted, the point was, other people might if they log on and see a tribute to him saying that you guys finished his server and he couldnt because he killed himself. Thats just a thing people will do.

Quote:
Shawn did care about the server, because if he didn't he wouldn't have spent so much time on it
People spend a lot of time doing things they could care less about, I know I am right on this, it all starts as fun, but as i said, people never want their work wasted when its started.

Quote:
And the people that are saying he shouldn't get any respect or recognition because he killed himself need to shut up.
Where did anyone say this? They are simply just pointing out what happened, and that trying to finish his playerworld because he died might not be the best reason for finishing it. Respect his talent and finish the playerworld because it would be good. Saying you are finishing it in his memory is simply like saying "if he were alive, we might not have finished".

Quote:
because I for one don't care what you have to say.
I beg to differ from your post, but I am not here to arugue. Good Luck
Old 01-23-2006, 08:38 PM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Quote:
We will finish the playerworld because Shawn wanted it finished. Don't say he didn't care about it and don't say he's retarded.
Obviously he wanted it finished. He wouldn't have started it if he didn't have some sort of goal to eventually finish it. What I'm saying is, it's not like he had this burning desire to finish it. You are blowing it out of proportion. Quit trying to make it a bigger deal then it is.

Quote:
Shawn did care about the server, because if he didn't he wouldn't have spent so much time on it and he wouldn't have asked Malinko to finish it.
Believe me, if it was something he really wanted done, he would have done it himself. No matter how much you argue the other way, it's just that simple. Let me compare it to something:

Let's say that I really want a popsicle. (this will be used as comparison to Shawn really wanting the server to be fixed) However, I don't want to get off the couch to get a popsicle, because I'm lazy. My laziness out weighs my desire for the popsicle. (this is the same way that whatever was bothering Shawn in his life that made him kill himself, out weighed him finishing his server)

Now how much did I actually want the popsicle? If I had a true desire for it, it would out-weigh my laziness.

Quote:
Why he took his own life, no one here knows. Something made him decide that he didn't want to live anymore and so he took his own life. Don't say he was retarded for doing it.
I don't know what was going on in Shawn's life, but there is absolutely no good reason for committing suicide. None. The only one that I would ever even consider to be acceptable is if you are dying or going through a lot of pain (physically) and can't be helped.

Other than that, there is nothing I can imagine. Instead of being responsible and fixing whatever his problem was, he took the easy way out and decided to go with a quick-fix. It is a selfish act.

Quote:
And the people that are saying he shouldn't get any respect or recognition because he killed himself need to shut up. The tragedy here is that people only run their mouths and pick on others to make themselves feel good and powerful. But, they don't realize how much their words can hurt the person that they're picking on.
Why should he get any respect or recognition? What has he done to deserve it? He made some graphics that looked nice on a low-population MMORPG? He deserves respect for that? No.

Maybe some people are looking past Graal Online and are thinking what his family must be going through. Look what he has put them through. We should overlook that because he was nice to us and made nice graphics?

Quote:
The sad thing is that someone who was a very talented and nice person was driven to kill himself. The playerworld will continue to be worked on in his memory and because it is a very nice playerworld. If you don't like the fact that we are going to finish it in his name and memory the keep it to yourself, because I for one don't care what you have to say.
You see, that's the thing, I don't have to keep it to myself. This is a forum, and if everyone kept their thoughts to themselves, then we probably wouldn't have many posts, would we? In fact, you wouldn't have even made your post. So don't tell me to keep my opinion to myself.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Shangri-La Staff
Faygolette is on a distinguished road
Keep your opinion to yourself and stay on topic. All we said is that the server will be finished for Shawn and you started running your fingers. No one cares what you think. You obviously didn't know him and what a great guy he was. So shut up and stop trying to cause fights.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faygolette
Keep your opinion to yourself and stay on topic. All we said is that the server will be finished for Shawn and you started running your fingers. No one cares what you think. You obviously didn't know him and what a great guy he was. So shut up and stop trying to cause fights.
I'm not causing any fights. And didn't you just read my post. Even if you are correct, and no one wants to hear my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm not allowed to give it. You aren't the opinion czar of the forums.

Also, what does it matter if I knew him? Did I question you about how good of a person he is even once in this thread? Then how is that relevant? Do you not see your own hypocracy? You are telling me to not give my opinion while at the same time saying that yours is right. Grow up.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Dark Nations Manager
refinoheat2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to refinoheat2 Send a message via MSN to refinoheat2
Quote:
don't say he's retarded
If you go back and read, you will see I said that new comers to graal, might assume he was because he committed suicide. I didn't say that he was, but I am in agreement with Mykel on the fact that suicide is rather selfish and the easy way out. He knew it would hurt some people, including those closest to him, and he did it anyways. You say you know him, but the truth is you only knew him over an online game (I am assumming), you researched a little into his irl death, but not into his irl life. He could have a whole different personality online then irl, a lot of people do. But like I said, I am happy either way that you are going to finish it, because it really is a great modern PW.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by refinoheat2
If you go back and read, you will see I said that new comers to graal, might assume he was because he committed suicide. I didn't say that he was, but I am in agreement with Mykel on the fact that suicide is rather selfish and the easy way out. He knew it would hurt some people, including those closest to him, and he did it anyways. You say you know him, but the truth is you only knew him over an online game (I am assumming), you researched a little into his irl death, but not into his irl life. He could have a whole different personality online then irl, a lot of people do. But like I said, I am happy either way that you are going to finish it, because it really is a great modern PW.
Agreed. I have no problem with the PW being finished, it looks great so far. I just hate how people spit out random crap about me not knowing him and that means I can't give my opinion.

Obviously, no one knew him very well since no one knows why he committed suicide.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:49 PM
In the real world ogod.
I know why he killed himself. Shawn had social disorders and he talked to me about them alot. People with those kinds of problems get to where they feel like there is no where to go and no where to turn. But, we don't need to know what was on his mind or why he did it. That is none of our business. Shawn didn't just make nice graphics on Graal. He made high quality games and was a good person. I am not trying to say that suicide is a good thing, because it's not. All I'm saying is that a good friend of ours did something desperate and tragic and I for one owe him for being an inspiration to me. We aren't going to finish the server because he died. We are going to finish it because ever since he started it he has wanted it to go classic and be on of the nicer playerworlds. And unfortunately he took his own life before its completion. I know for sure that he did care what happened to Shangri-La and he wanted it completed and I intend to give him his wish. You're entitled to your opinion and no one can stop you from expressing it, but it's not really appropriate to argue over what someone wanted when you don't know what he wanted. And what I meant about people saying he shouldn't get respect is for the people like Mykel who think that just because he took his own life he shouldn't get the repect he deserves. We respect him because he was a talented guy and a great friend. Not because he made some graphics for a playerworld on this game. And I know that you weren't calling him retarded, but their were people on UN that were and it really shows how immature and self centered they are.
The bottom line is that we are finishing Shangri-La because it is a nice playerworld and a good friend and great guy asked that it be completed as his last wish before he took his own life.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Quote:
I know why he killed himself. Shawn had social disorders and he talked to me about them alot. People with those kinds of problems get to where they feel like there is no where to go and no where to turn. But, we don't need to know what was on his mind or why he did it. That is none of our business. Shawn didn't just make nice graphics on Graal. He made high quality games and was a good person. I am not trying to say that suicide is a good thing, because it's not. All I'm saying is that a good friend of ours did something desperate and tragic and I for one owe him for being an inspiration to me. We aren't going to finish the server because he died. We are going to finish it because ever since he started it he has wanted it to go classic and be on of the nicer playerworlds. And unfortunately he took his own life before its completion. I know for sure that he did care what happened to Shangri-La and he wanted it completed and I intend to give him his wish. You're entitled to your opinion and no one can stop you from expressing it, but it's not really appropriate to argue over what someone wanted when you don't know what he wanted. And what I meant about people saying he shouldn't get respect is for the people like Mykel who think that just because he took his own life he shouldn't get the repect he deserves. We respect him because he was a talented guy and a great friend. Not because he made some graphics for a playerworld on this game. And I know that you weren't calling him retarded, but their were people on UN that were and it really shows how immature and self centered they are.
The bottom line is that we are finishing Shangri-La because it is a nice playerworld and a good friend and great guy asked that it be completed as his last wish before he took his own life.
Please space out your posts more.

That's fine, I have no problem with what you are doing. I just have a problem with the way you are going about it. I expressed this and you attacked me as if I don't have the right to have my opinion.

Good luck with the server.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:52 AM
In the real world ogod.
I'm stressed and I'm sad. I'm sorry if I was rude or anything, but there have been a lot of people disrepecting Shawn and other things of that nature and I'm getting tired of it. And then you started saying that finishing the server in his memory was stupid. And you were saying that he didn't care about the server or what happened to it because he killed himself. And I know for a fact that he did care about it as he did for all of his games/projects and wanted it finished.
Anyways I'm not going to post anymore on the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
I would rather have dead forums.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:40 PM
Dark Nations Manager
refinoheat2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to refinoheat2 Send a message via MSN to refinoheat2
You'll see me around probably, I like the server, its really nice. I'll be on from time to time, seeing whats new You could give me a little money so I could see some NPCs Or I could mine I suppose
Old 01-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Banned
Antago is on a distinguished road
I wonder why he wasn't more compassionate with himself.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Angelus
petro1212 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to petro1212 Send a message via MSN to petro1212
Well i'm not gonne read all that "crap" that people posted in the page above, anyhow continuing Shangri-la is pointless unless the person who will finish it is capable to do the exact same style as shawn. Basicly almost no one on graal does the same genre/style graphics as him. (Yes indeed unique but in my mind ugly >.<, i'm entitled to a opinion right :P) Anyhow saying something like "continue it in his honnor". If he wanted it to be continued he would have done it himself (and ohh i'd better shutup before people start flaming)
Old 02-03-2006, 03:42 AM
Cap' n Jack
Samurai_X2689 is on a distinguished road
i dont know about you guys but i'm continiuing to work there cuz its a kickass server
and without me there would be almost no one left lol
even skrobo hasnt been online for almost a week now
btw if anyone wants to come work at shangri la come say hi cuz i practically run the place now lol

--TheOfficeJesus (Admin)

Saranghae! No Homo!
Old 02-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Shangri-La Staff
Faygolette is on a distinguished road
We're getting more staff now, but we need someone who can compare to Shawn.