Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-31-2005, 10:52 AM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
I don't play gold servers much, even though I can, because I played there as a ghost first
That's a pretty foolish reason.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:36 AM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Well, it was SO lame as a ghost, i guess that was my first impression, you cant talk to people (ack) and you cant do anything but float (in fact the ghost gani is the most interesting part of graal at this time)
Plus i like good old clasic more
Old 11-01-2005, 03:55 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiden0899
That's a long time to be trial. If you liked the game enough to play for 2 years you should have just paid. I was only trial for three or four days.

Paying players care. You might not care but I think I speak for everyone else when I say we don't pay to be harassed.

Guest Mode is a good idea.

EDIT:
Gerami, why do you care about the playercount so much? The players that leave because of Trial accounts switching to Guest accounts don't do anything to contribute to the Graal community. If they want to keep playing, they can pay too.

EDIT 2: *Moved to a new post*
i did like it and i was gonna upgrade summer 2003 with my cousins paypal but it broke off since stuff just popped up and then i forgot about graal for a while. Then i didnt have a paypal to upgrade since my cousin left when i came back in somewhere of early 2004 then waited for that paybycash thingermajig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
The guest account will be enabled in a few weeks, and trial accounts either removed or switched to guest mode, where you have 1 or 2 weeks for playing, and then the computer cannot play anymore or must subscribe.
Thats gonan suck. Im gonna miss those kids.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 11-01-2005, 04:06 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X
i did like it and i was gonna upgrade summer 2003 with my cousins paypal but it broke off since stuff just popped up and then i forgot about graal for a while. Then i didnt have a paypal to upgrade since my cousin left when i came back in somewhere of early 2004 then waited for that paybycash thingermajig.
For some people it's hard to get their parents to allow them to buy an account for an online game, so they play with trials. At least when they are able to pay to play they do
Old 11-01-2005, 04:24 AM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinko
Guest Mode.
I second that.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:54 AM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
All I really have to say is, this is just another step in the fall of Graal's community.

It's been falling, and all that's being done is stuff to make it fall faster.

Obviously Stefan wants people to subscribe, but he's barely offering them anything for it.

Now they're being forced to, so they just won't do it.

Fairly simple.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 11-29-2005, 01:20 AM
The Leandril Sage,
cptmetal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cptmetal
DUDE theres something called "Hosted/Gold/Private" servers no trials allowed thats one fo them ain reason i play if i meet a good trial whom is nice and is a good friend i update his account for him (so far like 15 trials got updated due to this lol) so leave teh trials alone!
Old 12-14-2005, 02:35 PM
100 IFP and runnin'
Nabru will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Nabru
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptmetal
DUDE theres something called "Hosted/Gold/Private" servers no trials allowed thats one fo them ain reason i play if i meet a good trial whom is nice and is a good friend i update his account for him (so far like 15 trials got updated due to this lol) so leave teh trials alone!
Not all of us want to buy a ****ing server when something can be done about it elsewhere.

Last edited by Darlene159; 12-14-2005 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: No need for attacking someone, you can make a point without name calling.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:09 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabru
Not all of us want to buy a ****ing server when something can be done about it elsewhere.
then play on Dark Rival :P
anyway, you can't force someone to subscribe because they will get something better. I say offer a better tutorial in offline mode, it used to be pretty good, however the new one isn't so great. Also let them see the ways graal is unique. It can have servers like Zone, or classic and RP ones. Just make them learn how to play before playing. You could even make something that would save progress in offline mode (make a small game in the tutorial) this way, when they start playing, they realize there's something missing online, and they'll want to subscribe(the offline version would be useless after you beat the short game). Give them maybe 100hrs as a trial, this way they can get used to graal, and decide for themselves what they will do. I'm sure that if they play graal long enough, they'll subscribe. Maybe the offline tutorial could be manditory for all new trial accounts.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:30 AM
PipBoy Extraordinaire!
Rick is on a distinguished road
You guys are aware that any upgrade automatically gives you classic right? it's not like you have to continue to renew a subscription.