Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-20-2005, 04:31 PM
No sleep till brooklyn!
URBANLEGEND is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to URBANLEGEND Send a message via AIM to URBANLEGEND Send a message via MSN to URBANLEGEND Send a message via Yahoo to URBANLEGEND
putbomy

Contents of Post:

No need to make this post any longer, I basically have three questions to summarize with:
  • Someone want to help with an all bomy-bopot server? It's outerspace themed, and it already in progress. Females are welcome, because unlike some servers presently, I value the need for a balance of mascluline and feminine energies.
  • What sort of new ideas for bomy-bopots would you like implemented? Don't feel like an idiot like some people attempt to make you feel--even the old shark bomies idea that was overly criticized is, to me, a good idea, so if you will, don't feel discouraged from being creative. Feel free if you will to post to your soul's content.
  • What do you think of a new "putbomy x,y" command? There's plenty of bomy-bopot skins to work with, why should the creatures be stuck on gold servers?

Rest of Post:

Hi, due to my lack of a forum account, Ultimate Weapon (hehe), and because of his generosity, has chosen to post a post for me.

Basically, since no one really seems interested in helping me make the Fung Si Yan Party server, I am reverting it back to its original Bomy-bopot Server theme. At any rate, I have been considering some new features for bomy-bopots, and as I have recently modified the brilliant old Mace script to look like a tongue for a frog NPC, I had an idea to give bomy-bopots
tongues like frogs...but, then, of course, I remembered how yoshis have such tongues!...and, since part of the purpose of adding new features to bomy-bopots are,
  • to not go overboard by adding something that depletes their original style and
  • (B) goes good with being rode by humans,

you can quickly see why adding such a tongue leads one's attempt at originality, and of course respectability, to stray from copying a character, such as a yoshi.
Afterall, if bomy-bopots are rode, like horses, someone may think that the tongues were a direct taking from yoshi. Although this is not true, there are many people today who are determined to call someone a lie and a cheat moreso than they are to honor the truth. Therefore, adding tongues, which could be used to slurp up bushes or bombs to help make the bomy-ride go
faster might lead those who are creatively impaired for the time being to lose their gaze and begin building a mental box, filled perhaps with some Mario, which is not the intent! So, in the best interest of creativity and life, I ask if anyone has any good ideas for bomy-bopots, and if you think the tongue idea would be good and if you are willing to look past the mental box of yoshi, feel free to flow. Also, I want to know what people would think of adding a new "putbomy x,y" command. Basically, it's like the average horse, except bomy-bopots can ride the waves like surfboards, duck in their shells, eat bombs, kick, and...that's about it, I suppose ! :-) You might initially think, then, that they are better than horses. This is not so, however, because bomy-bopots are creatures that walk in straight lines, so the player is limited in that regard. Likewise, bomy-bopots are not as fast as horses are on land when horses eat 5 bushes, although, perhaps if bomy-bopots eat bombs and stuff they can get faster.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Cookie Monster. :3
ChibiChibiLuc is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ChibiChibiLuc Send a message via MSN to ChibiChibiLuc
First, create a player functions class.

Then join it to the player. In the Control-NPC:
NPC Code:
player.join("playerfunctions");

In the class, put:
NPC Code:
public function PutBomy(putx,puty) {
dostuff();
}

Now, to call PutBomy, send a trigger to the server:
NPC Code:
triggeraction(0,0,"serverside",#N,params);

When it catches the action, call PutBomy:
NPC Code:
function onActionServerside() {
PutBomy(player.x,player.y);
}

This will trigger 'PutBomy' in the class.

Last edited by ChibiChibiLuc; 07-20-2005 at 07:26 PM..
Old 07-20-2005, 06:59 PM
No sleep till brooklyn!
URBANLEGEND is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to URBANLEGEND Send a message via AIM to URBANLEGEND Send a message via MSN to URBANLEGEND Send a message via Yahoo to URBANLEGEND
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiChibiLuc
PutBomy(player.x,player.y);

public function PutBomy(putx,puty) {

}
Elaborate..?