Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-22-2005, 12:04 PM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
I play graal2001 ALL the time by myself, and I would have played it more but I can't do the stefan quest myself :o. And I can't mine for money. And I hate this hp system. (I believe this had an effect on player's leaving aswell.)

No less, I played graal2001 during the time of:
100 Players
90 Players
80 Players
70 Players
60 Players
50 Players
40 Players
30 Players
20 Players
10 Players
5 Players
1 Player (Just me ;-P)
Old 04-22-2005, 10:50 PM
:]
Thak2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Thak2
The server was the most fun when it was just first released.

Not complicated, lots of interesting stuff in a new and fresh world that was big and fun to explore.

If it gets fixed up and released again, it should be like that, not the later clunky bodied economic boring 2k1.

:[
Old 04-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
The boring thing was: everytime it was closed for repairs, they didn't change anything, everything was the same; I think that killed Graal2001. I still hope that it can be opened again.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:51 AM
gwtfc***mattrs/gpsof
Splke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Splke Send a message via Yahoo to Splke
First Step is Denial I suppose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter
No, that would look stupid, shut your stupid face, stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
In the words of the great Argosax

WOOHOO BOOBIES
Old 04-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
I believed 2k1 went downhill with the introduction of the new bodies, bomy moon crashing into the world and the "evil bomies" the whole ridiculous thing about how bomies are super intelligent and have psychic powers... it was ruining things.

Bomies should be kept as pets... that's it. Possibly you could play as a bomy but I wouldn't consider it an equal race to graalians, it's just stupid to have two races because they never balance out evenly. The fact that bomies were pets yet somehow they are supposed to be smarter than graalians just didn't make sense. I always believed bomies to be like yoshis from mario. You could ride them, keep them as a pet, they helped you out with certain things, you could feed them and maybe teach them tricks and stuff. When I was working on bomy pets I was wanting to give them special techniques, like being able to kick the bomy pet into certain rocks and it would spin into it and break it. Letting your bomy pet carry a basket so it could hold extra items for you... (I think I actually scripted that) There was also bomy battling but that was kind of silly and I'm glad I never finished it.

The new bodies need to GO. Badly. The bodies and the HP system contributed to the fall of 2k1. I stopped playing it right after those bodies came out. It made sparring and pking impossible, it totally and completely ruined fighting. The market was my idea, and it was good... until the whole rare hat thing which just got totally out of hand with the hacking and stuff. The rare hats were actually not a bad idea, before all the hacking and whatnot. I think having a hat system where you can only have one of each hat would be a more effective way of stopping people from hording tons of one kind of hat. At least a little bit anyway.

I didn't really like when they tried to introduce the kingdoms as some sort of huge ordeal... they sort of forced kingdoms on us like we had to join one or we would be at a disadvantage. It was quite annoying. I really loved the jobs though, they were well thought out and required several different tasks to complete them. The draisine was awesome, there were some fun events (even though there were hackers back then)

All 2k1 needed was hack protection, better security, removal of all the dumb ideas, and it'd be good to go. Plus an updated tileset would attract people to at least check out the new graphics. If they found that the gameplay had changed as well, they just might stick around.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:47 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Koni for leader of graal playerworlds!
Old 04-23-2005, 03:50 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Well, I don't know about that, but I do like his ideas. I agree with them, and it's pretty much what killed G2k1, plus GK didn't help that much either. But would it have been different if G2k1 didn't get changed so
drastically before GK came out?
Old 04-23-2005, 03:54 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
Bomies should be kept as pets... that's it. Possibly you could play as a bomy but I wouldn't consider it an equal race to graalians, it's just stupid to have two races because they never balance out evenly. The fact that bomies were pets yet somehow they are supposed to be smarter than graalians just didn't make sense.
Nobody went "WTF, BOMY PETS AREN'T LIKE BOMY PLAYERS, I QUIT ZOMG!"
Old 04-23-2005, 05:35 PM
A Logic Bot
Judge_S is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Judge_S Send a message via AIM to Judge_S Send a message via MSN to Judge_S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
Nobody went "WTF, BOMY PETS AREN'T LIKE BOMY PLAYERS, I QUIT ZOMG!"
No, but everyone tried to scam others who wanted bomy pets, by getting a bomy player to play the part of a pet. Those were good times.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:48 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_S
No, but everyone tried to scam others who wanted bomy pets, by getting a bomy player to play the part of a pet. Those were good times.
Until you hit "r".
Old 04-24-2005, 04:40 AM
Cult of the Winky
Amagius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
While reading a thread Koni posted in the playerworlds forum, I came to the conclusion that 2K1 is finished. It has nothing to do with management, staff, scripts or levels. It's because we lost our appeal. Nobody wants the stuff that 2K1 is offering anymore. People don't want PK-RPing anymore. They want to either RP completely and totally or just fight in lawless guild wars. People don't want an simple economy, they want either 2K2 or Unholy Nation. There are bomies, but nobody wanted or will want to play as them. It doesn't matter if Kamuii, Zurkiba, Tseng or even Kaimetsu is managing 2K1. 2K1 can't come back in any form in which it would still be 2K1 and be successful in today's Graal.

So yeah, I'm giving up on 2K1. Anybody left who still believes in it?
You have changed my outlook on G2k1. You have removed the naive veils placed over my eyes. I finally see the light.

Past the overdramatics, I would have to agree.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:59 AM
JohnnyChimpo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
I believed 2k1 went downhill with the introduction of the new bodies, bomy moon crashing into the world and the "evil bomies" the whole ridiculous thing about how bomies are super intelligent and have psychic powers... it was ruining things.
Wow. Well said post koni, and i totally agree with you on everything especially the whole bomy moon crashing into the server, the day i came on i literlly said "What is that hunk of **** in the middle of the world." Because thats what it was, it really was an eye sore. It also got rid of jinn island. Ha i remember when the NPC server would crash and we'd have battles over the chair hah good times. Anywho the whole quest was to get better speed? Couldnt they have thought of somthing more creative. And i think after the Bomy moon crashed into us we still had the effect of it getting closer to us and we would die ( you kno where it got real bright)

Jeez those vine things that grabbed you were real annoying too
Old 04-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
Koni, take over the project. My only complaint with anything you said was I enjoyed being a bomy. I had two accounts though and I could deal with being a human. Bring back old HP system which made kingdom wars actually fun, revamp the PW a little, add some new content, and you could have a great server.

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad
Old 04-27-2005, 05:06 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChimpo
And i think after the Bomy moon crashed into us we still had the effect of it getting closer to us and we would die ( you kno where it got real bright)
That's the bomy sun.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Hollow
Myomoto is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Myomoto Send a message via MSN to Myomoto
I agree, remove the new hp system, and for gods sake get rid of that bomy moon! >_>
Oh, and bring back KT :]