Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2005, 11:00 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Some ideas

IDEA 1 OHNOES!!1

When you're crawling on the floor, you should be able to carry weapons. Now I had two ideas.

a) You should be able to duck and hold light weapons (pistols, knives)

or

b) You should be able to duck and hold anything.

What do you guys think? I mean it would be awesome to ambush unsuspecting base defenders.

IDEA 2 PLZNOMR!!1

You should be able to jump. Yeah you heard me, jump onto crates, barrels, etc. You should also be able to strafe jump or jump off of buildings (matrix moves anyone? XD)
Old 03-16-2005, 12:13 AM
Programmer/Graphic Design
fexii is on a distinguished road
Jumping would change the gameplay completely. The jetpack is the solution for jumping and it works quite well for use without ruining the shooting itself. Jumping would just be another way for people to "lame" and change the skillset entirely.

I don't see any way to take advantage of ducking anyway. All ganis aside, ducking is just moving slower without a gun. Moving slower with a gun presents little added advantage anyway, so to not have the gun at all makes ducking mostly useless in its current state. The only true advantageous use of duck would be to ambush but it is easy to spot somebody ducking from a distance. Basically I'm saying that holding a gun while ducking won't really help any more than what we have now.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:09 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Ducking removes you from the radar (I think), so adding guns with this would be very useful, adding a stealth element to the game.

And jumping is interesting. People with jetpacks lame, so atleast this'll even it out.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:06 AM
Right...
axman36 is on a distinguished road
if they do make it possible to jump, make it with "Jumping lessons" thing, that costs 4500 dollars, no way have I just wasted 7500 dollars on what someone can use on me...
Old 03-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Grim Angel
Akoalin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Akoalin Send a message via MSN to Akoalin
Quote:
Originally Posted by axman36
if they do make it possible to jump, make it with "Jumping lessons" thing, that costs 4500 dollars, no way have I just wasted 7500 dollars on what someone can use on me...
Thruster Boots ($4500)....jumping lessons seems a little primitive. I've always wondered though why you need a hand free to use your jetpack...
ok skeikar þá Skuld at sköpum."

~Gróa , Grógaldr
Old 03-16-2005, 04:29 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akoalin
Thruster Boots ($4500)....jumping lessons seems a little primitive. I've always wondered though why you need a hand free to use your jetpack...
how else are you going to control it?
Old 03-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Banned
Magadal will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus
And jumping is interesting. People with jetpacks lame, so atleast this'll even it out.
people with jetpacks dont lame....u just say they lame because u dont have one....
i like the duck idea...would be cool....but if u can hold light weapons when ur ducking, then u should only be able to wear one pistol
Old 03-16-2005, 05:26 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magadal
people with jetpacks dont lame....u just say they lame because u dont have one....
I don't have one correct, but I see people with jetpacks fight, and when they're about to lose, they fly away and heal.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Dusk Soul
csod123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to csod123
jetoacks are really annoying, and Maximus is right, as soon as they are close to dying they will fly away, and you can't shoot them in the air. i would also like more vehicles, like a warthog from halo.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:46 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Guys, when I said jumping I dont mean you hold down the button and jump 100 tiles. I mean short jumps like Babylon had.

Ducking takes you off the radar, good for ambushes and such. Currently when you duck your gun is taken up so when you get up not only do you have to dodge incoming people, you gotta bust your weapon out.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:03 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Maybe to counter jetpacks, make a new classic specifically for removal of vehicles and air support? Like they have a flak cannon, and anti - tankish gun (powerful weapons but made to take a long time to reload / fire another shot).
Old 03-18-2005, 12:27 AM
Right...
Hey, Its hard to Quickly change weapons, get the jetpack out, and hope you have enough energy to get the **** out of all the enemies who are everywhere...
Old 03-18-2005, 12:37 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hey, Its hard to Quickly change weapons, get the jetpack out, and hope you have enough energy to get the **** out of all the enemies who are everywhere...
Practice makes perfect .
Old 03-18-2005, 02:48 AM
Right...
Uh... Gambet, Ive perfected the practice, but Im just saying its not easy...
Old 03-18-2005, 02:55 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Quote:
Uh... Gambet, Ive perfected the practice, but Im just saying its not easy...
So you're saying because its hard to do, it justifies running and healing? and how hard can it be? OH NO, Q, ARROW, S. FLY.