Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Kingdoms > Zormite Republic
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-25-2005, 12:56 AM
Kefkin is on a distinguished road
Evil Whisperings...

The lightning and thunder clapped loudly through the night. A large storm had come in quickly, surprising everyone. The scribe burst through the door, his ragged panting the only sound echoing throughout the ministry. He paused a second, holding himself up against the wall, his weariness almost immediately overtaking him. He slid slowly to the floor, his eyes rolling into the back of his skull, and slumped to the ground, finding pleasure in needed sleep.

His eyes suddenly darted up as a strange murmuring seemed to arise around him. He slowly pushed himself to his feet, holding his head with one hand hoping to stifle the sounds. Struggling forward he lurched toward a door, quickly opening it and closing it behind him. He pulled back the hood of his cloak, and examined himself in the mirror. The scribe's hair, though once almost jet black, had now turned completely white. He traced a symbol in the air, almost unconciously. Another wave of fatigue hit him, and he stumbled backwards, falling to the ground again.

The midday sun was streaming through the window when he finally awoke. He was still wearing his damp clothing, and began feeling the beginnings of a chill. He quickly changed clothes, and sat down to begin documenting the previous night's experiences.

((TBC))
Old 02-25-2005, 06:20 AM
The night as I will now explain, I must emphasize, is as true as I can possibly make it. I have not added anything, as such may discount the horrible facts within. If the account cannot be preserved in such a fashion, it is not even worth recording. All things contained herein are the truth as I know it, and as it shall be known from here on.

Last night, I was drawn out into the evening by an almost inaudible murmur. I can only compare it to a whispered word spoken softly into a pillow. The sound seemed to be coming from everywhere, but nowhere all at once. I tried to shut it out by closing my eyes and clearing my mind, but visions began to cloud my thoughts, visions of a very dark place. Deep within the mountain. A circle of figures came into view, robed individuals, each chanting soundlessly. They encircled a pit, the source of the murmuring.

I awoke out of the trance suddenly, my curiosity stirred now as to the origins of the actual murmuring. I bundled myself up in my cloak and headed out into the night.

The scribe drew in a deep breath, his hand began to shake almost uncontrollably. He could still hear the whispers. Perhaps they were simply in his mind. He stood and paced quietly. After several minutes he sat again, ready to continue.

((tbc))
Old 02-25-2005, 07:29 AM
Banned
oinknessx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to oinknessx
"Oh yeah!" yelled the koolaid jar... I backed slowly from the destroyed wall with the demented jar of beverage glaring at me, menacingly..
Old 02-25-2005, 12:44 PM
"seized by somnolence"
sage_scooby is on a distinguished road
I am enjoying this "short story". I am quite interested in the rest.

Oink, way to ruin the mood of the story......

-[email protected]
Old 02-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Todd45 is on a distinguished road
oink is the comical relief which, in my opinion, is one of the most classical mood ruiners ever and its funny. The Oh yea quote and a kol-aid man. nice story..but oink made it better.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:18 PM
The gathering darkness seemed to draw everything out of immediate sight. I could barely make out the dark outline of my hand, mere inches from my face. Although I had my lantern in my pack, I thought better than to draw more attention to myself. The pounding rain, coupled with the quick flashes of lightning marred anything recognizable in the night. The path had begun to flood out, and I was force to make my travels on higher ground. This is where I first encountered the creatures.

Far above me, something caught my eye. I stopped dead in my tracks, looking around for somewhere to take shelter, but found myself standing alone in the center of a few trees on an empty field. Another flash of lightning crashed through the air, this time coming down and striking a tree no more than ten feet away. The hair on the back of my neck instantly shot up, and the force of the impact knocked me to my feet. I layed there for several minutes, staring perplexed at the strange dark shadows moving overhead. Another flash of lightning revealed what looked like wings, bat-like, spreading off an almost spherical body. In the dark light it was difficult to see what exactly I was staring at. A strange dread began to well up inside me, for it was then I noticed they too were searching...searching for something. I could no longer see them, as the lighning subsided, but I heard the flapping of their wings. I slowly brought myself up to my knees, then to my feet, and cautiously began moving again. I was being drawn toward something, that was for sure, but my destination still remained clouded from my thoughts.

A piercing shriek echoed through the night unlike any that I'd ever heard before. It was immediately answered by another, and I realized it was the creatures circling overhead. I began to run. I chanced a glance upward again, but it was as I had suspected, the creatures had noticed me. I darted under the protection of a great tree, hoping to avoid the prying eyes of my followers. There was a loud crash followed by a thud, and something dark fell to the ground next to me. A wave of nausea came over me, as the putrid smells of sulfur wafted up to me. The creature lay there, unmoving.

((tbc))
Old 02-25-2005, 10:30 PM
gwtfc***mattrs/gpsof
Splke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Splke Send a message via Yahoo to Splke
-shrug-

It's nothing special, but I guess it's cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter
No, that would look stupid, shut your stupid face, stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
In the words of the great Argosax

WOOHOO BOOBIES
Old 02-25-2005, 11:48 PM
I poked at the creature with a broken limb and decided quickly it was dead. An acrid smoke began to pour off the creature. A flash of lightning revealed a strange, almost spherical body at least two feet in diameter, covered with a dark fur. It's huge wings, now completely torn and useless from its fall through the branches, had to measure at least four or five feet in length. The sight of such a horrible creature had stolen away my breath, and I stumbled backwards into the tree. I imagined what could only be its underside, or at least the charred remains staring up at me. Before it completely collapsed into ash, I swear I saw what looked like a round mouth with thousands of sharp teeth. What demonic creatures are these, and who has beset them on the night? -Note: I must follow up with my studies of the ancient religions and occult practices, this may help explain where these creatures came from.- I heard again the shrieking, which tore my eyes from the horrible remains and to the sky. I ran as fast and as hard as I could. I'd never run as hard in my life as I did then.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:21 AM
Sheer exahustion forced me to the ground at some point. I had no idea how long or even how far I had actually come. I was never so repulsed, and can now understand why I might have instinctivly run. This feeling of fear so completely took control of me, I cannot even to this day remember exactly how I ended up where I found myself. I was overlooking a small ring of trees surrounding a clearing. I was laying on my side. My knees were drawn up to my chest, and I was hugging them tightly, shivering in the cold rain. I layed there, on what seemed to be a small outcropping of rock, jutting out of the side of the mountain.

I sat up, and focused my eyes on something that looked quite like fire light. As my eyes slowly began to focus, I could the the dancing flame fighting the night rain. It seemed to snake and weave from side to side almost hypnotically. My lips began to move, forming words to this day I will never repeat. I remember this sensation quite well simply because it was then I was finally aware of the murmuring again, though quite a bit louder than a hushed chant now. My gaze expanded, pulling me out of the hypnotic dancing flames. My jaw slackened as I counted a hundred or more robed individuals surrounding the fire. The chanting poured out of them, not in loud cries, but in contempt and anger. The hatred seemed to pour forth from them with such force it could be felt.

((tbc))
Old 02-27-2005, 02:03 AM
Luciano is on a distinguished road
I had to tilt my head to read that. Seriously, what's with the italics?