Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2007, 05:56 AM
Banned
oinknessx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to oinknessx
Question Music on Graal

Hey hey, a few things I wanted to talk about.

First off, we all know copyrighted music isn't allowed on Graal. But covers of songs people do on their own are not allowed on Graal either, want to know why? Not because it's a copyrighted song, but because if you include a cover of a song in a product that is SOLD (like Graal) then you have to pay royalties to the band who wrote the song to begin with. If Graal was free like back in the old days, covers would be allowed. Sad to say we won't be hearing any Britney Spears covered by Graalians on Graal.

Secondly the Graal rules say that stuff uploaded on graal becomes the property of Graal, but what about music that is LICENSED for use on certain graal playerworlds, like Bjorn Lynne's stuff on Graal Kingdoms, and the stuff I'm doing for Mythic Legends? Of course they paid for Bjorn's stuff to license it but I'm doing music for Mythic Legends for free, would that be considered licensed music or stuff owned by Graal? Because I'm writing some pretty nice stuff that I might like to put on a CD someday but I don't want the possible lawsuit in the future or something saying that the songs are owned by Graal. o_o Should I be worried or anything, or is it no big deal?

And lastly I'm kinda interested to hear the "law" behind playing music off of an URL on Graal. Technically the music files aren't ON graal so the hosts of the URLs that hold the MP3s probably have no idea about Graal, they probably just think individual people are streaming the songs. I'm basically just wondering, like, what's the statute behind that whole movement?

Just some stuff that's been growing in my brain. o_o
Just curious more on an uneasy side more than egotistical at all.