View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan View Post
The last time I checked you only need 100 levels to get a server online providing it were full of content for players not to get bored. You could easilly manipulate this to your favor, for example; make the overworld an island, add a forest and a snow town on a large cliff. That would probably leave you with about 60 levels left to detail and add content.

I believe my mistake is that I decided to do overworlds as a way to show my portfolio to build on my reputation and not at all taking in to consideration of the players when I first started thus resulting in my work never being released to the community. The quality of the levels is there in the levels but like a lot of you guys have said - there just isn't a point to them. The best advice I can give anyone is to just plan everything before you start developing. I learnt my lesson the hard way; here's a snapshot of VS:C' when I first started developing it : http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/a...9&d=1116097048. I had no idea what I wanted to achieve and eventually I ended up with this (SEE ATTACHED). Now whenever I'm developing I'm taking into consideration the players and what they will do!
Curious where you got the whole idea of 100 levels. I don't recall there ever being anything said with that much specificity.