Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Era Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   "Borrowing" Items (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87541)

HarlemBalla 08-21-2009 11:06 PM

"Borrowing" Items

Era has been making it a lot harder for people to scam other individuals, but people are still getting scammed because they have let a "friend" borrow their item who didn't feel like returning it. One way to avoid this is by having a GP come watch your exchange. A lot of people have no patience so they'll either not wait on the GP or if there is not a GP on they'll do it anyway. Instead of GP having to go to a level to watch them do their trade it may be necessary to add a check box or something in the trade window when where the players agree that they are just lending the items.

Frankie 08-21-2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarlemBalla (Post 1517283)
Era has been making it a lot harder for people to scam other individuals, but people are still getting scammed because they have let a "friend" borrow their item who didn't feel like returning it. One way to avoid this is by having a GP come watch your exchange. A lot of people have no patience so they'll either not wait on the GP or if there is not a GP on they'll do it anyway. Instead of GP having to go to a level to watch them do their trade it may be necessary to add a check box or something in the trade window when where the players agree that they are just lending the items.

GPs shouldn't even be involved in these types of situations. there is no need to lend your items out, at all. if you do, you do it at your own risk. it's such a ridiculous concept to tell a GP "hey, I'm letting so and so borrow my gun, make sure he gives it back plz."

CharlieM 08-21-2009 11:35 PM

ItsIOta rediculous that scamming is illegal someone can admit to it and people have proof and the PR decide it is legal

cbk1994 08-22-2009 12:38 AM

Scamming is still illegal, anyone that says otherwise is probably trying to scam you.

GPs will watch lending trades, but only temporary, and short ones. The reason this is required is because whenever someone is banned or reset, they claim that virtually every one of their items is someone else's, when they're usually just trying to get the items to their friends.

CharlieM 08-22-2009 12:59 AM

Then do it for that casenot ones hat are players truly getig scammed...andthe way the PR act it is

cbk1994 08-22-2009 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieM (Post 1517343)
Then do it for that casenot ones hat are players truly getig scammed...andthe way the PR act it is

...what? I can't tell who or what part you're replying to.

Frankie 08-22-2009 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1517330)
Scamming is still illegal, anyone that says otherwise is probably trying to scam you.

GPs will watch lending trades, but only temporary, and short ones. The reason this is required is because whenever someone is banned or reset, they claim that virtually every one of their items is someone else's, when they're usually just trying to get the items to their friends.

scamming is illegal but since when was keeping an item someone gave you considered scamming? lol.

cbk1994 08-22-2009 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 1517347)
scamming is illegal but since when was keeping an item someone gave you considered scamming? lol.

I don't think I said it was.

Frankie 08-22-2009 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1517349)
I don't think I said it was.

so why would GPs watch these "borrows" to make sure the person doesn't "scam" the other person.

papajchris 08-22-2009 03:55 AM

borrowing an item is different than giving an item. When you are giving someone an item your not expecting it back. When you allow someone to borrow an item, your expecting to get it back

DarkRenji 08-22-2009 04:24 AM

dont trust anyone on era, or you will be sorry!

papajchris 08-22-2009 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkRenji (Post 1517400)
dont trust anyone on era, or you will be sorry!

You betta give my glock back!

Frankie 08-22-2009 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papajchris (Post 1517390)
borrowing an item is different than giving an item. When you are giving someone an item your not expecting it back. When you allow someone to borrow an item, your expecting to get it back

well thank you captain obvious. my point is, lending items should be at your own risk because if the person doesn't give the item back, I really don't see it as scamming because it was your own fault you lent the item out. :rolleyes:

CharlieM 08-22-2009 05:29 AM

Okay Frankie, will you lend me all your stuff I promise I will give it back.

DarkRenji 08-22-2009 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 1517402)
well thank you captain obvious. my point is, lending items should be at your own risk because if the person doesn't give the item back, I really don't see it as scamming because it was your own fault you lent the item out. :rolleyes:

Ok so if someone pretends to be your friend for months, and then you decent to trust him with a item, its your fault for getting scammed? :\