Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Level Design (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Level (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46396)

HEALER101 07-22-2003 07:44 PM

Level

1 Attachment(s)
Give me advice on it.
Oh and a rating of some sort. 1-10, a-j, etc. ;)

mhermher 07-23-2003 05:32 PM

I like it! :D

8/10!

Mykel 07-23-2003 05:34 PM

I am biased, so I wont vote. :)

draygin 07-23-2003 07:16 PM

As a Quick overview.

To many bushes, its like one big massive bush orgy.

The Staircase in the cliffs look terrible. Perhaps if you add some sort of hand railing on the side of them.

Stream needs some detailing. There is almost no detailing in the light blue area (none at the bottom) and the middle water tile has none in the stream part. Nor does the dark area.

I like the sand you used all the tiles properly good work on that most people only use one or two but almost never all of them and you didnt over use the rocks.

House I'm not sure if I like it or hate it. But its not to shabby. THe rock behind it shows that you are able to grasp the level in 3d and make everything reflect it. Although the chair on top of the table. If you think about it the bottom part of the chair would be blocked from view. Wo you could only see the top two tiles of the chair. But still you're grasping the concept now its just a matter of being thorough.

All in all its an above average level I'd say around a 7 with only a couple of minor changes it could definatly be an 8/10

One last thing the water falls. You have the cliff to grass tiles over the water area. It might look better if you use the cliff to water and one part where one side is cliff to water and the other tile is cliff to grass a half and half. Hmm but that might not work not sure if the tiles I"m thinking of actually exist. If not what you have is probably the best alternative.

protagonist 07-23-2003 07:50 PM

More general detail would be nice. The layout isn't too bad.

6/10

Eric_1337 07-23-2003 08:51 PM

I am in aww, this is prolly one of the best levels I have seen in awhile coming from someone that I have no clue who from. Very nice job.. I'd give it a 7/10, the grass detailing and the shore detailing need work though, and making better cliffs would be great.

Nick1988 07-23-2003 08:59 PM

8/10 Awsome layout, but it could use more detailing.

Mykel 07-23-2003 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eric_1337
I am in aww, this is prolly one of the best levels I have seen in awhile coming from someone that I have no clue who from. Very nice job.. I'd give it a 7/10, the grass detailing and the shore detailing need work though, and making better cliffs would be great.
My nat. He is working on GFX next and if he gets them down good he might end up one of the best Dev's on graal. :megaeek:

HEALER101 07-23-2003 11:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't overrate me Mykel :rolleyes:
Because I don't feel like clogging anything else i'll just post this level here.
Quote:

Originally posted by draygin
To many bushes, its like one big massive bush orgy.
Also I have a rather bad bush habit. Sowwy. I'll try toning it down.

Judge_S 07-24-2003 04:50 AM

The first one I found very nice to look at, with two small exceptions. First, yes, the stairs in the cliffs are out of place. Second, I'd suggest a different style of roofing for the building. I've never liked those bush-type tiles, because of their black outlines.
I haven't a problem with the bushes. People need to take different things into account for their levels, and that's one of them that was done right. If there is flat land near a water source, and that source is abundant, there will be vegetation.
In a nutshell, very tasty eye candy.

The second level's main selling point would obviously be the water. Therefore, some more original detail would be in order. The rocks in the water and the waves look too ordered, almost as if you used the same tile pattern over and over. And I'm positive I've seen that building before.

Very promising work, especially from someone who doesn't specialize in levels. :)

CheeToS2 07-24-2003 05:17 AM

8/10 for the first one.. the stairs are too plain, the building is kind of eww :x, and the swamp tiles are too pixelly..

The second one just looks waaaay too much like this one :(

Eric_1337 07-24-2003 07:04 AM

Second one needs work.... there's tons and tons of errors that need to be fixed.

dustariandigger 07-24-2003 07:09 AM

pretty good and i think u should make a staircase going up the mountain. er... 7.343/10

syltburk 07-25-2003 01:06 PM

HEALER?????

IS IT X-MANN????? WTF MAN wasssup f000

i like those levels

7/10

best rating i have gaved in a while

Mykel 07-25-2003 05:43 PM

No, its not x-mann.