Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bomy Island Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   What is Happening with Graal2k1? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64586)

Zurkiba 03-10-2006 12:19 AM

Lance tried to release the server before, it failed. I blamed the lack of roleplaying kingdoms and whatnot.

This time he took a hint and released kingdoms along side of the actual server release, however it was in tag only and not actually in kingdom levels or anything.

The fact is that these kingdoms were completed: Kaytu, Bellasera, and Zormite. Which leaves Malenth as uncomplete. There wasn't even a level made. On release a tileset was being worked on (atleast to my knowledge). I promised that when I got the tileset then the castle and the actual kingdom levels would be completed in less than three days. Two weeks past and no tileset was given to me. I went to the people who were organizing and doing the tasks which were set before them. From Lance I got a "Bug Drae about it", from Drae I got a "I have a ton of other assignments given to me that I have to complete for the server". I approached Lance about this situation a while ago knowing that there wasn't ever going to be a Malenth tileset made - I made the suggestion that I just make the castle and add a dark light source over the entire level, of course this idea was put down by Lance.

So I tried. I was online daily and I interacted with those in my kingdom - that is why Malenth is the largest kingdom (and probably still most active kingdom) to grace the new 'Bomy Lands'. Minoc was online when he was able to be (he lives in Israel after all) and Shawn was on Graal Kingdoms more than 2k1 :\

So if we look at all the work that has been done with Graal 2001 we find this list (I made it from all the knowledge of comparison from the old 2k1 to the new Bomy Lands)
  • New Train Graphics
  • Different Farming Yields
  • Overworld became a gmap
  • Cops and Robbers was finally fixed
  • Zormite, Bellasera, and Kaytu Kingdom levels were made and uploaded
  • Oaster was made (by one of my goons) and installed. A new job system.
  • Antora was redone
  • An outpost system was created - One in Santerrian and one in Harmonia: Four to five houses were added and some had insides.
  • New kingdoms were added with serverside rights
Forgive me if I left something out, but that's the gist of it.

Butz 03-10-2006 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zurkiba
...Shawn was on Graal Kingdoms more than 2k1 :\...

Yes, because being on GK once or twice to check out the new magic system is definitely more than the Nearly Every Night for Two Weeks that I was on 2K1.

Don't make accusations you can't back up.

Also, you're not the only kingdom that isn't finished. Deal with it. Things will get done when they get done.

DarkHero 03-11-2006 09:04 AM

all thats left is just a few people and Valor riding that train idling... going hard about 100 hours and going! lol

zim5354 03-11-2006 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butz
Yes, because being on GK once or twice to check out the new magic system is definitely more than the Nearly Every Night for Two Weeks that I was on 2K1.

Don't make accusations you can't back up.

Also, you're not the only kingdom that isn't finished. Deal with it. Things will get done when they get done.

Will the people still play? :\

disaster 03-11-2006 09:55 AM

They have basically fixed and added all the new things that WONT bring players to the server.

Crono 03-11-2006 12:08 PM

If they stuck to releasing hats/playerhouses/**** on schedual, people wouldn't have left. The problem is that people were making money with hope to spend it on something. That something came too late and people left, your fault staffs :)

Correction 03-11-2006 06:43 PM

If they had not used these ridiculous new bodies, I might have hung around a little longer. ;)

Wryoko 03-12-2006 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Correction
If they had not used these ridiculous new bodies, I might have hung around a little longer. ;)

Oh my god. I couldn't agree with this statement more XD

LOA--Paul 03-12-2006 05:49 AM

What? Making money is boring because there's no point. Why am I doing it? That's why I don't log on anymore.

I'd RP but my kingdom's levels aren't even online and no one does it along with you.

camelback 03-12-2006 08:30 AM

I was ready to tryout for ET or Police... the server just died.

konidias 03-16-2006 04:58 AM

Man, server has so much potential, I just hate seeing it die.

I've given up trying to revive it though. It's just not worth it anymore.

Kuza 03-17-2006 10:12 PM

Graal2001
R.I.P.
2001-2006

Warcaptain 03-17-2006 10:46 PM

i just cant believe that the staff just.. dont care.

its so freakin sad that no one (even staff) have been on in so long.

this is pathetic.. stefan should give ownership to someone else that will be active.

GryffonDurime 03-18-2006 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warcaptain
i just cant believe that the staff just.. dont care.

its so freakin sad that no one (even staff) have been on in so long.

this is pathetic.. stefan should give ownership to someone else that will be active.

Never let actual knowledge get in the way of finger-pointing and assumptions.

Emily_Cruddas 03-18-2006 05:22 PM

I'm wondering if lance is still working on the dev server, i may be wrong but was a new tileset to be added and possibly all new maps?