Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Minoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to behold
So... what is happening?

Access to the server is now completely restricted to staff-only (the mini-game can no longer be accessed), and staff activity has been noticed.

Has work resumed on the server?
Old 11-04-2013, 06:56 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
idk my bff jill?
Old 11-04-2013, 07:01 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
hehe
Old 11-05-2013, 07:00 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
think about it... lol
Old 11-05-2013, 11:40 PM
AGT
dylan has a spectacular aura about
But I was just about to beat the highscore!! wtf! i demand a refund!!

<@Logan> I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
<@Logan> I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"
Old 11-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Minoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to behold
Update: it seems that the server isn't under development again.
The plan is apparently to take and use its assets for a town of some sort on iClassic.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:25 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoc View Post
Update: it seems that the server isn't under development again.
The plan is apparently to take and use its assets for a town of some sort on iClassic.
Didn't know it had assets.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
Didn't know it had assets.
Think he means files and such, like animations.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:01 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I feel strange about this. I was one of the last people in a position to try and do something with the server. I would rather it be put to rest rather than be used for its "assets". But it does feel like the damn server died in my arms. I know I liked the game a lot and all, but I didn't ever think back in 2001 that I would be one of the last remaining players interested in 2013. I thought everyone else felt the same way about Graal2001 that I did.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:43 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
i would have helped if it was planned correctly, i was removed from the serveroptions...

Old 12-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Former Forum Admin/GM
AlkarenHyralt is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AlkarenHyralt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
I feel strange about this. I was one of the last people in a position to try and do something with the server. I would rather it be put to rest rather than be used for its "assets". But it does feel like the damn server died in my arms. I know I liked the game a lot and all, but I didn't ever think back in 2001 that I would be one of the last remaining players interested in 2013. I thought everyone else felt the same way about Graal2001 that I did.
There are many who were driven away by politics or corruption.

Forgotten through the passage of Graal time.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Graal2001 was special back then because it had something the other servers didn't. That's not the case anymore.

By the way, do any of you remember the Classic server Dusty worked on by himself? That was going to have some part of Graal 2001/Bomy Island in it. Since Dusty works with iClassic, maybe his idea is being realized? Just some food for thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Oh man, I had totally forgot I was going to intertwine the world of Classic and Bomy Island(2k1). I don't recall the basics, but I was going to allow the player to visit a small area of the 2k1 map. I had already started fixing the levels up and applying a touch of logic and purpose to the area:

That was the planned area the player would be able to explore... I forget how they were going to get there. I think via falling into it from the waterfall, or by cannon. It was a while ago, now, and one of the things low in priority.

It was going to put in a little backstory and history to Bomies, and feature a dungeon involving them. It was more of an easter egg than anything, though
Old 12-06-2013, 04:29 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Wow, I can actually point out where he edited out my favorite section of the map. Although with reason, it was pointless and required a Draisine to access. Anyone else see that? I don't even see the point in circling it.

I liked Lance because he was completely interested in Developing based on one factor alone, and that factor is fun. Whatever politics issue was amok before that time. In my time on the server we just had ridiculous amounts of fun developing! As a backstory I am a classic video game collector and I sell rare games on eBay. I do own a Japanese Sega Saturn and also a Super Famicom, both consoles for which I collect rare games. I also have a Sega Master System and a Virtual Boy. I have played an extensive amount of 2D games and will not allow any sub-par games in my collection. Near the top of my list I highly revere Super Mario Bros 3 and Tetris. But I must say that I have one questionable title at the very top of my list, and that is Graal2001. It only existed as a short burst of pure absolute goodness and order amid a universe of entropy and disorder. That's what I saw happen.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:19 AM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
We had some good times, didn't we?
Old 02-22-2014, 02:38 AM
Notorious
Soto will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Soto
So i am guessing it is never coming back?

got plex?