Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 07:24 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
wow I'm quite amazed Exausted, my mind wouldn't even be able to come up with something like that :O

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:33 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
o wow
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:51 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
5/10 rating, the trolling just keeps getting better in this thread.
How in the hell was that trolling? XD! I don't think you even know what trolling is, but if you're not serious, then congratulations on trolling all these people.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:02 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
They see me rollin', they hatin'.
DAMNIT TIGAIRIUS I WAS JUST ABOUT TO DO THAT except i was going to say "your eyes must be exhausted "

I HAD IT ALL READY AND EVERYTHING

ontopic: ya this isn't that great of an idea but some of u guys r being jerks which is rly unneeded
Old 07-14-2009, 09:03 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
DAMNIT TIGAIRIUS I WAS JUST ABOUT TO DO THAT except i was going to say "your eyes must be exhausted "

I HAD IT ALL READY AND EVERYTHING

o.o...he posted that quite awhile ago liz...are you sure? You sound exhausted, go get some sleep x3
Old 07-14-2009, 09:16 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
o.o...he posted that quite awhile ago liz...are you sure? You sound exhausted, go get some sleep x3
i haven't slept in two days
Old 07-14-2009, 11:06 PM
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
Here, I'll play your game. You say it is the same 5-10 people opposing you. I tend to stay out of things which means I haven't opposed you, and I admit I don't like this idea.

I'll participate in a "mature" discussion, but don't post things such as," I rate your trolling a 2.5 out of 10." If you post things such as that you are just proving you can't even participate in the mature discussion you so strongly advocate. If you want anyone to treat you maturely, you must act maturely, even if you won't always be treated the same way.
i only rate people's trolling when they ARE trolling.

Quote:
Please post the main positive ideas of this idea in bullet form. After posting the positive ideas, post any negatives sides (Also in bullet form) and explain why the positive ideas outweigh the negative ideas. The reason I ask you do this is because your current method of posting the points is convoluted and I have difficulty deciphering which points you most strongly advocate.
i already did this earlier in the thread, except with - to outline the individual points

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
this dude :"OmGZ! Theyrre given 1029k ep on UN FO FREE!!"

The other dude : sorry im like "Practicly banned" for 5 hours.

People would miss alot of some nice server activities to
And i dont like your thread
I rate it a 1.47/10
you make a really good point. hopefully stefan can get around this by taking requests by server managers to temporarily keep the server unlocked during the day of the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Exausted, please stop accusing people of trolling just because they disagree.
I do not agree with your idea at all. I do not think forcing people to play servers that they dont want to play will help Graal in any way.
i'm not randomly giving trolling ratings to everyone that disagrees. all i do is rate them whenever they mock me, or make sarcastic posts.

Quote:
I would be upset if I were in the middle of something on a server, and my time were up.
That would make me not want to play anymore.
I have servers that I like, and those are what I play.
If I see something advertised, I might check it out.
yes, i know but this idea would improve graal if people would get over themselves and just go with the flow. don't you want to see graal improve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Exausted, after reading all these post of why we dont like your idea do you still feal the same way with your idea?
because no one has really told me why it's a bad idea. there are people that say they'd quit, they wouldn't like it, but losing a few players isn't that big of a deal compared to how great it'd be for the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
So now the idea has changed from getting the player to switch servers, to now locking them out so they can't go back for 5 hours? UN does not compare to the experience you may have found on Era, or N-Pulse.

n-pulse is pretty much UN, except smaller playercount, different items. both of them are only alive because of events (fighting over mass messages also keeps UN alive though)

Quote:
Most likely if they can't play the server they want, when they want. They are just going to exit Graal and go do something else.
i think that you should make this a poll on zodiac:
If you were locked out of a server and forced to play any other one for a few hours before coming back, would you quit Graal?

Quote:
Just because you enjoy classic style gameplay on one server doesn't mean you're going to like it on another. In fact in the case of classic styled server it's the community that makes the server and making people switch servers would scramble up the community, most likely for the worst in most cases.
i agree with the bolded, but it looks like most graalians have siwtched servers from time to time anyway.

Quote:
As Darlene said above, what if you're doing something important on the current server and it decides HEY TIME TO LOCK YOU OUT. Now you're interrupted and most likely pissed. A good example of this is when you're playing a game and your controller gets unplugged and the game doesn't pause, end result you die in-game.
yes, i know this is a problem. i've said before there are more pros then cons to this idea. change won't happen over night.. but if stefan actually implemented this, you would slowly see graal getting better. developers would constantly be inspired to make new and better stuff because they'd keep getting an influx of new players

Quote:
Also even a global posted a joke in your thread, your support for this idea is minimal to none. The cons of the idea heavily outweigh the pros, and I think we've spelled it out for you enough.
i didn't see the global disagreeing with me, though..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban
Old 07-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
holy heck wall of text alert. sry but taking graal srsly isnt good for u exhausted
Old 07-14-2009, 11:45 PM
1/10 rating, laura.

anyway, @ fowlplay4
i forgot to mention that if people know they have a time limit (like how trials have a time limit showing for their gameplay before ob mode sets in) they won't do things that'll take more time then the amount of time they have left

like if i see i have 10 minutes left of zodiac, i'm not going to go to pyras to fight mumra, but if i had 5 hours left, then yeah i would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
wow I'm quite amazed Exausted, my mind wouldn't even be able to come up with something like that :O
i forgot to respond to this. thanks for your support, i'm glad someone finally is open minded enough to agree. whenever i can rep someone again, i'll give you a positive one.
Quote:

Last edited by Exhausted; 07-14-2009 at 11:57 PM..
Old 07-15-2009, 12:19 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
like if i see i have 10 minutes left of zodiac, i'm not going to go to pyras to fight mumra, but if i had 5 hours left, then yeah i would.
It's bad enough that trials gameplay is already limited like this, but now this would affect everyone, not just non-paying players.

It would actually limit and ruin gameplay on the servers like observer mode already does.

In fact why don't you start a poll and see how many people like or dislike the idea.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:31 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Notice how he tactically skipped my last post.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
It's bad enough that trials gameplay is already limited like this, but now this would affect everyone, not just non-paying players.

It would actually limit and ruin gameplay on the servers like observer mode already does.

In fact why don't you start a poll and see how many people like or dislike the idea.

it wouldn't ruin gameplay. you see, what my idea will do is improve servers. so you play a server for a few hours, and then you're locked out, and then you just go play another enjoyable server for a few hours, then you're locked out of that one, and you go back to the other server and it's just life as usual

you make my idea sound really bad even though it's n ot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Notice how he tactically skipped my last post.
it's because you think graal is WoW
Quote:
Old 07-15-2009, 01:05 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
it wouldn't ruin gameplay. you see, what my idea will do is improve servers. so you play a server for a few hours, and then you're locked out, and then you just go play another enjoyable server for a few hours, then you're locked out of that one, and you go back to the other server and it's just life as usual
It will improve servers how exactly? By kicking out players in the midst of an event because his 5 hours are over? By Decreasing the player count every once in a while because the 5 hours of some other players were over as well?
For some people, there are no "other enjoyable servers". You can't send Era players to UN saying they got some CS clone or whatever. You can't send them to Zone because that's just completely different anyway. Life is not "as usual" when you are forced to go somewhere else every 5 hours.

Quote:
you make my idea sound really bad even though it's not
I suggest you let the others decide whether your idea is bad or not. Others as in all the other forum members and possibly also Graal Online management members around here.
I don't care if you "studied" psychology or whatever and think you can predict the mass of players. Obviously you can't, and you don't seem to be aware that your idea as it is now would be a pretty stupid "gameplay" addition interfering with lots of things.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:07 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Your idea assumes that every server they play will be enjoyable, and that simply isn't the case with Graal.

It definitely does not improve servers either.

Now I still think you need to make this into a poll so the numbers can effectively show how well the idea is liked or disliked. Considering our posts aren't getting through to you.

Here I even asked players of Zodiac over shout channel (unfiltered).

Quote:
Graal_Z: Welcome to Zodiac's Shout Channel fowlplay4_3!
fowlplay4_3: Alright, how many of you would like if you were required to play a different server every 5 hours or so?
Graal_Z: skaterkid (60 Freelance): that means i can only play zod 5 hours at a time?
fowlplay4_3: From what I've heard, yes. In fact you might have to play another server for 5 hours.
Graal_Z: Delteria_GhostMarine (60 Bladeweaver): fck that
Graal_Z: ketsomaru (60 Runeprowler): wat
Graal_Z: Obedience (60 Thief): huh?
Graal_Z: MightyZeus (60 Assassin): That's dumb
Graal_Z: Obedience (60 Thief): whats dumb?...
Graal_Z: MightyZeus (60 Assassin): 5 Hours go to another server thing.
Graal_Z: xXxJeBusxXx (60 Thief): looking for a druid and a thief for abraxis
Graal_Z: skaterkid (60 Freelance): Paying very well for bm of aero/proph
fowlplay4_3: Alright once again, how many of you would like if you were required to play a different server every 5 hours or so?
Graal_Z: skaterkid (60 Freelance): NOT ME
Graal_Z: jayrock205 (50 Druid): not me!
Graal_Z: Obedience (60 Thief): Why would that happen?
Graal_Z: ketsomaru (60 Runeprowler): I dont generally stay on zod for 5 hours anyway... idk
fowlplay4_3: It wouldn't I just need some player responses
Graal_Z: Obedience (60 Thief): I wouldn't like it, but i'd just go to era.
Graal_Z: jayrock205 (50 Druid): no.
Graal_Z: MightyZeus (60 Assassin): Is it even possible to stay on here for 5 hours?
Graal_Z: MightyZeus (60 Assassin): I'd go insane.
Graal_Z: ketsomaru (60 Runeprowler): ^ no
Graal_Z: DarkGustave (60 All Star): I COULD DO IT!
fowlplay4_3: Regardless the time could be lower, 5 is just an example.
Graal_Z: ketsomaru (60 Runeprowler): Unless idling is included, then yes!
Graal_Z: DarkGustave (60 All Star): i'd just have to be reallllyyy bored.
Graal_Z: ketsomaru (60 Runeprowler): i mean then no
Graal_Z: ketsomaru (60 Runeprowler): wtf
None of those statements are positive towards the idea.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:19 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
This is what I think.
If I am going to pay to play/develop, I do not want to be kicked off servers I decide to play/develop.
It's a bad idea no matter how you look at it.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Closed Thread