FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2007, 10:34 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Yes, he is.
And then another 50 peeps will come/back xD
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:35 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
No one would come back because they could buy something with real money. Cool kids earn their stuff.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:34 PM
"seized by somnolence"
sage_scooby is on a distinguished road
What ever happened to hard work....? It just takes time and effort to build yourself up on GK. People are just too lazy to do it. I knew no-one when I started GK, I somehow managed to get good gear.

On topic:

I don't like the idea. Though the person who said purchase cosmetic things might be on to something, or as Bjorn said the house upgrades. Though I'd rather see that stuff for free, as it doesn't actually help the player out.

-[email protected]
Old 07-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Basically everyone I have seen who responded have played this server for a while. While I value your opinion this idea was geared towards bringing in some new people.

The reason that I said offer some stuff to those of us more advanced is so we could get something out of this too. Its not a bad idea. Just needs to be tweaked with to get a final product but I would still like to see it. USDing happens anyways and like someone said. New people don't even have a chance. Maybe this would give them the edge they need. So what a nub runs around with a Ice Dagger and a High Shield of Deflection. The Ice Dagger wouldn't be prepped and the HSoD are so low priced when not EA's that they are laughable. They still aren't a threat. Its not like we are giving them the diamonds and IWD's they need and the level 20 physique.

So I don't see whats so wrong with this happening.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Timberland Xanadu
HitmanJ2XX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
USD'ing would screw up the economy, because of an unbalance in supply and demand. With the illegal USD, you keep whats already in the server, with trading of real world money. With this new idea, you make items for people who pay a certain price, increasing the number of item x, whose value was originally 100 d. Now, with this idea in place, after a certain amount of time passes, many people would have the item, dropping the price to maybe 8 d. The demand goes down while the supply goes up if you can just buy the items from the site. Watch things inflate, just like the price of gas. (~$3)
Old 07-16-2007, 12:27 AM
Dark Ravenblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitmanJ2XX View Post
USD'ing would screw up the economy, because of an unbalance in supply and demand. With the illegal USD, you keep whats already in the server, with trading of real world money. With this new idea, you make items for people who pay a certain price, increasing the number of item x, whose value was originally 100 d. Now, with this idea in place, after a certain amount of time passes, many people would have the item, dropping the price to maybe 8 d. The demand goes down while the supply goes up if you can just buy the items from the site. Watch things inflate, just like the price of gas. (~$3)
Again this idea can be tweaked. Its not set in stone and I don't see why people are against helping new people out. Aren't we supposed to be bringing them in.

No offense Hitman but USDing has already screwed GK over. You just aren't around enough to see it.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:57 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
Basically everyone I have seen who responded have played this server for a while. While I value your opinion this idea was geared towards bringing in some new people.

The reason that I said offer some stuff to those of us more advanced is so we could get something out of this too. Its not a bad idea. Just needs to be tweaked with to get a final product but I would still like to see it. USDing happens anyways and like someone said. New people don't even have a chance. Maybe this would give them the edge they need. So what a nub runs around with a Ice Dagger and a High Shield of Deflection. The Ice Dagger wouldn't be prepped and the HSoD are so low priced when not EA's that they are laughable. They still aren't a threat. Its not like we are giving them the diamonds and IWD's they need and the level 20 physique.

So I don't see whats so wrong with this happening.
He'll also have a bloated ego, and that's the last thing Gk needs, more ego
Old 07-16-2007, 01:31 AM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
If I was playing GK I would want a newb pack. Something that could get me by for the first few levels. Also I wouldn't make it tradable.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:41 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Noob pack would help, but selling good/rare/sexy items for USD is stupid.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:25 AM
Timberland Xanadu
If anyone is working in the MMT they sorta give out noob packs: a sword and maybe a shield. Thats good enough for most.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:31 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
That would actually be a good idea. I was on this morning and someone wanted a shovel when he walked in, but I told him they weren't edible so we didn't serve them.

But really, that's a good idea
Old 07-16-2007, 04:40 AM
Timberland Xanadu
It's also one that's SUPPOSED to be done, but since people aren't always working, then they can't hand out those things. But there is a store of tools in the back.

edit: I found this interesting post by someone while I was going through the Zone forums. Before you read it I propose the following question: So are you conspiring to end GK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
I think being able to usd for zone stuff will destroy it. If you read up you can spend money on gralats to buy zone stuff at the zone store when v5 comes. If thats not ruining zone then I don't know what is.
Whats the difference between putting in the Zone Shop and the GK Shop?

Last edited by HitmanJ2XX; 07-16-2007 at 05:05 AM.. Reason: found something
Old 07-16-2007, 05:31 AM
Graal 3D
UberModeKappa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to UberModeKappa
I think one should be able to buy complete houses and additions to the houses aswell as a special type of pet/horse
Old 07-16-2007, 06:15 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I don't even get why this is a discussion.

I'm quite new to GK, compared to most, and I'm now quite high in my kingdom, and I have good equipment and levels.

YES, I got help from friends. I made friends while I was leveling up. I'm not saying that everyone is lazy. All I'm saying is that it can be done.

When I started about 5 months ago, I had a shovel, and I dug for corn. I ate it for food, and killed bomys. Eventually, I got better, and I started going to the dungeons. I asked around, and people told me about levels, blessing, dungeons, kingdoms, etc.

So the point is ... you don't need a noob pack. You need more of a noob help book. Would be really nice if one of the GK help sites would actually get finished, so people could go there for help.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Well look everyone i have talked too has loved the idea. I mean since we who play kingdoms gets gelats (or however its spelled) we might as well have a shop. I was actually discussing this with King Johnathan Aldroth. There is nothing wrong with the idea. Like someone said make the stuff non-tradeable. People are just complaining because its taken them a long time to get their stuff and oh look a noobie can suddenly get the item.

Look in the long run they are paying more money to get the gelats (or however its spelled) to get these items then they are to merely play and get the stuff themselves.

I will say this once....Wah Wah cry me a river and while your at it fill up a ocean for me.

Seriously stop crying. Not like GK is in any better shape right now. Scamming and usding is rampant. People are quitting left and right. So why not introduce a shop. Not like anymore damage can be done.

Now with MMT handing out items. We tried that and Sam gave us hell for it so we stopped. Thats the end of that discussion.

To Hitman

I posted that when I knew little about zone shop and I will be looking through to make sure you posted that right. Now that I know you have to spend a good amount of money to get gelats (or however its spelled) and you only have a certain amount of time on zone with the items I could care less.