Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Gang territory brainstorm

Trying to think of some way to make a 'gang territory' system.

I came up with the basis of it a while ago:
That a level would remember the tags of the last 100 people who gained kills in that level. Whichever tag has the most kills gets that level as their territory. If the majority of players had no tag (gangless) then the level becomes neutral.

But then I need some way to make it meaningful.
Obviously there needs to be some kind of bonus or perk to encourage people to have turf wars.
First thought: pick flowers faster in those levels.
But then that creates an imbalance for all the other jobs that territories wouldn't have an effect on.
It's probably better to avoid economic incentives anyway.

So I started to think of some way to display the territory ownership.
Probably the simplest way would be to make a graffiti tag npc in the level that changes to the name of the gang that currently owns the territory, and to nothing (is cleaned up) if it's neutral.

Still don't have any incentives though.
Maybe it could just become a gang event that lasts for one week each month and whichever gang has the most territory at the end of the week gets a trophy to display in their base for a month and their grafitti tags stay there for that month.

I have a few other ideas for gang events as well, because I want to push for more server-wide events that take place on the main world instead of warping players into inaccessible levels for events. So maybe gang event is the way to go.

I DUNNOOOOO.

Anyone else have any ideas or input?
Old 07-20-2008, 03:29 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Things like "drug" trades (graalcaine, graalijuana, etc LOL), docks (cargo ships, imported cars), and so on would be interesting to implement. I don't really have a good idea behind them, just throwing it out there.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:23 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Drugs arent allowed on Graal though ;f
Old 07-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Drugs arent allowed on Graal though ;f
Since when was Graalijuana a drug?
Old 07-20-2008, 04:59 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Since when was Graalijuana a drug?
You can easily guess by the name it's supposed to be one, no?
Old 07-20-2008, 05:02 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
A clever play on the word "Graal"?
Old 07-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
You can easily guess by the name it's supposed to be one, no?
No it's not, it's just Graalijuana.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Atrius Manager
TheJames can only hope to improve
Well Dem, i'm using this idea for Atrius, but I kinda got it off GTA, so I'll share. A gang territory map. You take over like 3 bases in that area your gang color highlights that area and you earn rep. points for holding the territory down.

James,
Manager of Atrius