Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Want the forum to be available for everyone?
Yes 26 50.98%
No 25 49.02%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2007, 02:47 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I don't know about you guys, but, back in the days when I was a trial account - I used to read the forums almost everyday. The Small Guys are watching us.
I wouldn't know since I signed up like right when the forums opened.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Did you idolize me then?
No, but I remember you from back then. Although, I don't think you used Gerami then? I don't remember by 100%..

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 05-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Why would I want to treate them any better than I treate classic/gold/vip people? Heh...
Well, I was talking about those who treat trials differently then they treat people with paid accounts that have been around awhile. At least you don't discriminate.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 05-22-2007, 03:46 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
At least you don't discriminate.
Oh trust me I do, I just don't treate them TOO differently.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:30 PM
That Sword guy...right?
Zideruic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zideruic
I joined to post my crappy swords.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:43 PM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Wait, is Moonie complaining about people not helping trials after earlier in the thread agreeing that it was a horrible idea to let trials post here? Hm.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:11 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Someone's giving her money so she'll side with them.

There's USDing afoot.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:19 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Well, I was talking about those who treat trials differently then they treat people with paid accounts that have been around awhile.
Who does this?
Old 05-22-2007, 10:39 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykel View Post
Wait, is Moonie complaining about people not helping trials after earlier in the thread agreeing that it was a horrible idea to let trials post here? Hm.
I am complaining about the way some people treat trial members. That has nothing to do with the subscriptions that the administration provides.
Obviously trials should not have everything that paying members have, otherwise, why have the subscriptions?
Don't misunderstand what I am saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
Who does this?
You don't play classic servers much do you?
I don't play Gold servers much, so I can't say what goes on there.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 05-22-2007, 10:47 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
You don't play classic servers much do you?
I don't play Gold servers much, so I can't say what goes on there.
I've spent a fair amount of time on Zodiac, but what you're pretty much saying is that players frequently check each other's profiles and then considerably alter their behaviour based on what it says under "Upgradestatus".
Old 05-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Shadow Ice
BlueFireX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to BlueFireX
Quote:
I've spent a fair amount of time on Zodiac, but what you're pretty much saying is that players frequently check each other's profiles and then considerably alter their behaviour based on what it says under "Upgradestatus".
Yes people check other people accounts before doing anything basically. When you are sparring someone or whatever you most likely check their hours, kills and what-not. Seeing a trial means you wated a good right click, I still say my idea to let trials have the server Classic for trial friendly would be so funny :] imagine a trial telling a p2p "what I own you on classic, get off my served. pwned."

-
OH AND BACK ON TOPIC

why make this forum public all you have to do is buy life-time classic. You will not have to buy anything else after that if you wanted to post no 8 hours wait or anything.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:10 PM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Look at the Graal Online website. There is no tutorial at all. Brief descriptions of playerworlds that could be confusing to unknowing players are all that is offered. The teachings of the inner workings of the game is 100% the responsibility of the new player and/or other, more knowledgeable players.

Early-game confusion drives new players away, and constant nagging can result in an annoyance for established players. While it is nice for older players to embrace newbies and show them the ropes, it isn't their job. It is Graal Online's job. Personally, I don't think that keeping players is Graal's big problem, it is more so getting newer players.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Administrator
Quote:
That isn't what I am saying. A lot of new people, if they don't know the appropriate way to do things by some oldbies standards, mass questions, or ask questions in game, or post questions on the forums, and are made fun of. You can pretty much tell a new person from an older one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykel View Post
Look at the Graal Online website. There is no tutorial at all. Brief descriptions of playerworlds that could be confusing to unknowing players are all that is offered. The teachings of the inner workings of the game is 100% the responsibility of the new player and/or other, more knowledgeable players.

Early-game confusion drives new players away, and constant nagging can result in an annoyance for established players. While it is nice for older players to embrace newbies and show them the ropes, it isn't their job. It is Graal Online's job. Personally, I don't think that keeping players is Graal's big problem, it is more so getting newer players.
I agree the Graal website needs a lot of work, and I agree that there needs to be good tutorials, and I also can agree that it can be irritating to be asked constant questions. I usually tell new players to ask a FAQ if they have a lot of questions. Really, I do see what you are saying, and I do agree, but you and I are not really talking about the same thing. I am talking about people who actually target new people for fun, not people who really don't want to help new players, and get frustrated.
It isn't their job, you are right, but some people are just rude and insulting for fun...actually more than just a few people are like that now a days, and it is in game and on the forums. More so on the game though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFireX View Post
OH AND BACK ON TOPIC

why make this forum public all you have to do is buy life-time classic. You will not have to buy anything else after that if you wanted to post no 8 hours wait or anything.
Some people believe that all people should be able to post and not have to pay a dime for anything, ever. *shrugs*
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST

Last edited by Darlene159; 05-22-2007 at 11:38 PM..
Old 05-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
MisterMastermind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MisterMastermind Send a message via MSN to MisterMastermind
Getting trials used to graal is the job of the FAQ's. All that's really needed is a notice to trials on every server telling them that FAQ members are there to help, and how to PM. I'd rather not waste time I paid for attempting to help some guy just trying the game out.

I believe in karma, so that I may do bad things to people and assume they deserve it.

Much love to all of the Xanadu's; Pip, BrAwLeR, Huwajux, Jo, KDS, RayP2P, Kenjaro, TripleE, Rykuz, Stoned4Life, juice188, Albi5erind, Tenchry_P2P, ryohazuki90, littlec, Snoro, MajinDragon, Allen, Spanishmafia1643, zwill, Wolfey, HitmanJ2XX, and UnknownMastermind.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:02 AM
That Sword guy...right?
Zideruic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zideruic
I remember on Graal2000 there was always that cave that told you the controls, told you about a lot of quests and i think it had a link or two to some helpful sites, I don't recall though.