Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-11-2011, 12:56 AM
Memitim will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Memitim
Could give one the Gods an ability to drain Spell points if their weap is blessed by said God o_o

if a person has 120/120 Spell points
losing 10-15 SP per hit stacks up rather fast over time; especially if the caster is spamming spells.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:57 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memitim View Post
Could give one the Gods an ability to drain Spell points if their weap is blessed by said God o_o

if a person has 120/120 Spell points
losing 10-15 SP per hit stacks up rather fast over time; especially if the caster is spamming spells.
That would be so OP.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
That would be so OP.
Wouldn't be to OP if the mage knew how to move out of the way and had a small stash of mana crystals.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:03 AM
osnap.
Xterminator will become famous soon enough
No it would be OP. All you'd have to do is poison the mage then lame them with that ability. Casting also takes a little bit of time to cast too and you can easily catch up to them.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:06 AM
There are a few snare spells; as well as a few handy prayers to help get a caster out of sticky situations. For Example; a Brigid caster:

Spider web -> Wall of Thorns -> Run far enough back -> Cast Cure Poison -> Heal-> if time is up; -> Spider Web -> Wall of Thorns -> Mana Crystal Back up to 2x your normal SP.

Lame your spells at the melee characters who will no longer have EA armour

rinse and repeat till your the last person standing

when you think about it; it makes the playing field a little bit more even.

Melee characters cant hide be hind 9999 pieces of +12 Armour

Casters cant lame the hell out of the weakened meleers who dont have 999999 pieces of +12 Armour
Old 05-11-2011, 01:26 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
wall of thorns is a horrible spell because the time it takes you to cast it you could have gotten farther away just running. many of the mages on gk dont make full use of their spell arsenal among other things so 90% of the time a mage dies it's because of user error not because mages suck. how damage is calculated is the reason that mages seem underpowered in pvp. we can't use our full arsenal of spells because 90% of them dont work or don't do any damage and there's a lot of creative ways to kill people if our spells caused damage.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:31 AM
Professional Rebel
Messiah will become famous soon enough
would be nice to kill someone without ice storm or magic bullet for a change
Old 05-11-2011, 01:38 AM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
i remember killing people in bomb with the old icestorm... man that really pissed people off lol
Old 05-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
I hate when poison is used in the argument of mage vs warrior. Only brigid can argue that they're denied poison, and that's a choice, to be brigid. Other mages are able to use melee weapons and bows. But it would be more appropriate to fix the poison spells.

Mages just need cooldowns so they're forced to alternate from bullets to cones to bullet storm. And magic levels need to have a purpose other than making spells cost alot more sp, essentially making above 20 magic useless and way more costly. Scale the sp cost / magic level with damage / magic penetration so that warriors who are inclined to use resist scrolls aren't godlike to high level mages, only the low levels - as it should be - since warriors use rings with horrible magic resist. Cast times also need to be altered. As it stands, hotkeyed spells are all every quickly cast, only bullets/buffs/defensive/ spells should be that quickly cast. Storms should take longer to cast because of the dmg, knockback and area of attack compared to bullets.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I am all for cooldowns on spells. And I still stand by that the best mages use Ogma bows.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:30 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
being Brigid has more than paid off. Two darkflames from Crypt, cheap gear-set because of Brigid gloves... one hitting Biler's is fun. I don't plan on being Brigid forever, no point in going melee if I don't have a high phys level or 20 or so IWD's.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Nobody is talking about you. I am talking about the general mage, not Kale.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
Yeah, I am all for cooldowns on spells. And I still stand by that the best mages use Ogma bows.
Our poison cloud should cause poison when hit, not 100% of the time but the poison should scale with magic level. ie 107 magic would be the equivalent to a weapon blessed ogma +11. It should however be able to be shield blocked and not work 100% of the time. I tried to do the ogma bow thing a few years back I shouldn't have to level my physique in order to be a good mage. I could never break romains AC so it was pointless and that's the whole reason I went back to brigid.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Zormite
I agree Cubes, but as powerful as poison is on Graal Kingdoms at this time, it seems foolish not to use it.