Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 06:13 AM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
EclipsedAngel has a spectacular aura about
Default HD is trash

I don't know what you people were whining about when classic was still alive, Default Hit Detection is crap. Invisibility lasts until you let go of a directional key.
I should be having a lot more tying hits but the server picks the other person all the time even though I know I swung just right.
This is crap.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:21 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Default HD rocks, Classic HD had unpredictable hit range. Sometimes you'd get hit far away from where the other guy's sword is slashing but that doesn't happen with the default. Not for me anyway and I play UN, where the server is in the US. :I
Old 10-17-2009, 06:21 AM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
I just want an HD where when it looks like I hit the person, I damn hit the person.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:16 AM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
I am average of 50 ms of lag, but it feels like the server looks at me last all the time.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Default HD works by checking all the players around you to see if they are slashing, and if they are, it checks if their slash hits you.

This way, on your screen you only get hit when it looks like someone else is hitting you.

This also means, you can only hit other people when it looks like you're hitting them on their screen.

If it worked the other way around, and you hit everyone you slashed on your screen, sometimes it'd look like you got hit by other people from a mile away.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
Well then it feels like the server picks up my swings last out of everyone else.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipsedAngel View Post
I just want an HD where when it looks like I hit the person, I damn hit the person.
=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Sometimes you'd get hit far away from where the other guy's sword is slashing.
........unless everybody had a fast connection anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipsedAngel View Post
Well then it feels like the server picks up my swings last out of everyone else.
It's not really the server that needs to pick up your hits, but the client of each player, in most cases they'd be automatically recieving it via TCP through the gserver (not npcserver) which is in turn relaying the coordinates it recieves from your client.

The other possibility is UDP, which sends packets of data directly from one client to another and bypasses the server,
when it works properly it can be much smoother and even make a player who'd seem laggy with TCP move pretty smoothly, but the packets can be unreliable sometimes and even make it so you struggle to hit players.

Last edited by ffcmike; 10-17-2009 at 07:10 PM..
Old 10-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is just really niceDeophite18 is just really nice
Quote:
Default HD rocks
This /\

Besides, it isn't just swinging with swords. Out of all the custom HD iv seen people make over the years, bombs and arrows never work right with them either.
Zting Ğarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 10-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Nope. When the server was in the US it happened to me all the time no matter who I was sparring (laggy or not) and my connection is fine.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
Default HD sucks unless the span of tieing hits was wider.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Nope. When the server was in the US it happened to me all the time no matter who I was sparring (laggy or not) and my connection is fine.
Quote:
And by that I mean hits looking accurate on both the sending and recieving end (instead of just one or the other) if every player has a ping somewhere below about 50 ms.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Quote:
And by that I mean hits looking accurate on both the sending and recieving end (instead of just one or the other) if every player has a ping somewhere below about 50 ms.
Ok? My point is that this isn't a problem on the default HD.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:15 PM
GREATEST
Ares is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Default HD rocks, Classic HD had unpredictable hit range.
alleluja
Old 10-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
alleluja
Do you mean "amen"?
Old 10-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
alleluja
Quote:
Do you mean "amen"?
hallelujah