Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 06:00 AM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan View Post
NO NPC should interfere with, or stop, the automatic disconnection for not moving.
I like how they have this rule but Graal Kingdoms, a gold server, does not follow it.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:01 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAzerothx View Post
I like how they have this rule but Graal Kingdoms, a gold server, does not follow it.
It's been changed since Tig got the position of manager

EDIT: Apparently he didn't change it, but I've been disconnected for not moving on GK recently.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:04 AM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
How long do you have to stand still until you get disconnected? I was AFKing in a house and I didn't disconnect.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:16 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
These are playerworld rules, last time I checked GK was not a playerworld.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:21 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
How long do you have to stand still until you get disconnected? I was AFKing in a house and I didn't disconnect.
15 minutes I believe ... Funny, I'm not getting disconnected anymore, either. Perhaps I imagined it o_o
Old 08-05-2008, 06:33 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
30 minutes.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:37 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
30 minutes.
I often stand still for 30 minutes when I'm scripting and I don't like getting disconnected for it. I would like if staff were immune to this.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:41 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
I often stand still for 30 minutes when I'm scripting and I don't like getting disconnected for it. I would like if staff were immune to this.
Ditto. I often forget to move my player and it's annoying getting disconnected in the middle of testing scripts that don't involve movement.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:53 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Should probably only be for development staff, in that case.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Yea, if you went off the system I mentioned earlier, it wouldn't be difficult to add a feature that would notify you as soon as something you want appears on the market.

I don't think you're doing good at being sarcastic seeing how that's all possible with a bit of effort. Plus it would be better than masses anyways.
It's all possible without any effort as well, since it can easily be achieved via mass messaging and the existing simple trade system.

I can tell you now that I personally won't be enforcing that rule. My staff shouldn't be disallowed from doing something so basic simply because they want to help develop the server.

If you're being contrary for the sake of being contrary then **** off.
But if you honestly support staff messages overriding the disable mass messages option when staff are off tag then state your reasons for supporting it.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Sorry for swearing in my previous post. I just get so annoyed that we're the content creators for this game and the administration doesn't seem to give a crap about us.
We're using outdated tools (level editor, gani editor).
Certain scripting functions are limited to the gold servers (gmap zoom, etc).
And now this stupid rule being created instead of just fixing the damn problem.

Last edited by Darlene159; 08-05-2008 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: Dont even start up that conversation
Old 08-05-2008, 08:12 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Sorry for swearing in my previous post. I just get so annoyed that we're the content creators for this game and the administration doesn't seem to give a crap about us.
We're using outdated tools (level editor, gani editor).
Certain scripting functions are limited to the gold servers (gmap zoom, etc).
And now this stupid rule being created instead of just fixing the damn problem.
I agree, especially people developing for gold or classic servers. They could maybe give classic/gold server managers 300 gelats a month or so, and have them split it up between the developers. The PWA would have to make sure this is done fairly.

Last edited by Darlene159; 08-05-2008 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: Dont even start up that conversation
Old 08-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Thread has completely degenerated into numerous tangents.

I'll make a new thread once I have separated "duties" and "rules" into different documents.

For the record, these rules are here and now. This thread is not to debate "how the client should be" or "why can't we just fix ___".

These rules will change if and when the client changes, but those arguments about the graal system need to be separate threads.

Closed Thread

Tags
playerworld rules, pwa