Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-03-2004, 08:16 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB3
Wow, here's an idea make a server named Training and have it dedicated to training that way people can see first hand everything of how an online game would play
I would do it but I have enough money tied into Fear.
However I have a good training course almost done.
It could be put under hosted and might have enough traffic to stay in a list lolz
It'd have to be linked to the training button or nobody would ever find it until they were experienced in Graal and switching servers...

Kinda defeats the purpose? =X

Besides, all the oldbies would hang out there and be jerks

Old 05-03-2004, 12:11 PM
TB3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to TB3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan
Perhaps before you get too far into this you should post a map of what you have or so?
I will, I used the old training map as a template so it wouldnt be much purpose
until I had more content. I have alot covered so far i'll probably post the whole thing before too long.
It was alot mostly for fun.

Quote:
It'd have to be linked to the training button or nobody would ever find it until they were experienced in Graal and switching servers...

Yeah... but it would teach them exactly how graal was lolz and restraints on pking could be made easily as 90% of the time that would be a no no.
I could also create a kinda lobby for pw's that would allow fast warping to the regular server list servers and even provide info on them.

To the sun of your age, I arise
Old 05-03-2004, 07:21 PM
call me Chad, it's cooler
Dach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB3
Yeah... but it would teach them exactly how graal was lolz and restraints on pking could be made easily as 90% of the time that would be a no no.
I could also create a kinda lobby for pw's that would allow fast warping to the regular server list servers and even provide info on them.
Cool idea, there was a thread about it earlier, but noone did anything about it thread here(scroll down to my post where we stopped bashing Emily )
The server could also host all of the universal server events like Graalympus and whatever other crazy ideas we have.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB3
I will, I used the old training map as a template so it wouldnt be much purpose
until I had more content. I have alot covered so far i'll probably post the whole thing before too long.
It was alot mostly for fun.

The only flaw is that people will go straight to UN or whatever, and never find it until they can't use it anymore.

Old 05-04-2004, 01:31 PM
Quote:
The only flaw is that people will go straight to UN or whatever, and never find it until they can't use it anymore.
which is why servers should have good tutorials aswell
Old 05-04-2004, 01:48 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
I agree with what you said Houdini in every way exactly. I am tired of having people coming on Bravo or Gileada and saying "n*ob" to me the first time the see me and when they see my Manager tag they go "OH I AM SO SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN THAT!".
I honestly would like it if they just didn't call anyone a **** when they them self are the "Newbies to graal". Right after they say this they usualy go "I am gonna go back to UN cause I like it there."
Umm no? I am fairly against UN because I am a scripter and have seen what poor quaility of scripts they have and it definitly does not impress me but I still think they have a right to be on the server list. My point I am trying to get at is maybe if we did have a new offline tutorial players would be more open to check out the other servers?

(I had to put a * in between n and ob so everyone knows what I am saying )

[EDIT]
Quote:

Not if you make the ammount of level super small?
[/EDIT]
Old 05-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
UN's scripts was amazing when liquidice was manager, top noch i'm talking about..
Old 05-05-2004, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan
UN's scripts was amazing when liquidice was manager, top noch i'm talking about..
They were top notch by the standards of those days... they have stayed the same, just the standards are higher...

Spark talked to Unixmad about the project and we're going to make it an online server hopefully. We should be able to get the training button on the start screen to take you straight to the online server.

If you'd like to help with the project feel free to forum PM me.

We don't need anything too demanding done, no custom tilesets or anything. 1 or 2 LATs and we should be fairly set. The scripting will be minimal and i can do that myself.

If anybody has any small maps like the older training level "with the house" that'd be cool. Also TB3 you should contact me and we can see what you have so far, etc.

Old 05-12-2004, 10:41 AM
I'm working on the tutorial some more and I'm running out of idea's for charcter designs anyone want to submit their personal character props? and maybe a name for your character if not your own? Submit in format as follows
[example]
setcharprop #1
setcharprop #C0
ect.....
[/example]
or a snapshot level with your character in it
Thanks I may use yours

Old 05-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Make sure you got the baby, with a more interesting yellow belt thing :P
Old 05-12-2004, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910
Make sure you got the baby, with a more interesting yellow belt thing :P
?
example?
or were you talking to meh ? lolz

Old 05-12-2004, 08:42 PM
ooh, characters...
-me
setcharprop #3,head1275.png;
setcharprop #8,body5.png;
setcharprop #C0,orange;
setcharprop #C1,darkblue;
setcharprop #C2,darkblue;
setcharprop #C3,gray;
setcharprop #C4,darkgreen;
setcharprop #2,tri-cool-shield.gif.png;
setcharprop #1,usa-coolsword-supertime.png;
setcharprop #n,Chad;
ap = 100;

-baddie
setcharprop #3,head495.gif;
setcharprop #C0,lightgray;
setcharprop #C1,gray;
setcharprop #C2,gray;
setcharprop #C3,black;
setcharprop #C4,lightgray;
setcharprop #n,Baddie;
setcharprop #2,compus-shield.gif;
setcharprop #8,body4.png;
setcharprop #n,Baddie;
ap = 0;

and the rest I have in random levels are copyrighted, so...
meh, here's me old headsconfig with all of those default characters, I dunno the order offhand of the properties, but I suppose they're in numerical order
Attached Files
File Type: txt headsconfig.txt (2.8 KB, 112 views)
Old 05-17-2004, 12:56 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
This is going too fast for me. The problem currently is that there is no real guide for new players when they enter a playerworld. On Graal Kingdoms there is a tutorial, which can probably be expanded to also include fighting vs monsters, currently you cannot produce a weapon I think.
In my opinion we need tutorials on playerworlds too, they should explain what you need to know for playing and some little introduction into the story or events of that particular server. So it might me nice to make a 'level pack' which is put on all servers where new players enter, possibly with a skip option so they don't need to do it again on each server. The server staff can change that tutorial to fit it to the needs of the server.
Another option is to make a separate server which is always on top of the server list. Problem with that is that it's not really a live server, since it only contains the tutorial and wouldn't be interesting for players after doing the tutorial once. So new players would do some little quests and stuff, but wouldn't get into contact with other Graal players, except to other new players. I don't know if that would be really good, since Graal is about getting in contact to other players, do sparing and chatting. Some years ago there was only classic and in the starting place (level13.graal) there was a lot of player killing, but at least you could easily find other players. When I have played other games that was much harder, you had long boring tutorials or you needed to walk long distances to even see another player. And to be part of the community you needed to invest a lot of time into learning jobs and what to do with the items.
So I think that the Graal tutorial should more focus on interaction between players, and not be separated from the normal playerworld activity. We could even make prices for the best tutorials on servers.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:02 AM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
We could even make prizes for the best tutorials on servers.
That would be good because the staffs will work hard and probably produce a good work.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
"everything"
Nice rant I agree with it on the most part however I thought that if the "training course" had enough to actualy keep a player count of good players too as such after you comeplete the quests there could be a little lobby level with spars chat and link to automaticaly connect to other servers. With the serverwarp command that would be realy easy and having a button connect to it would even better such as "Online Training"

Here is the tutorial that I have been working on "Its not finished" after you finish with the push / pull block thing there isnt much after that unless you warp to the center island where there still isnt too much yet im trying to cover every aspect of the game the main things I have left to do are hearts, sethead setsword ect..., and connecting to other servers , sparring , a few more things.

Please tell me what you think all, constructive criticism please "it sux" is getting old ... older...
Thanks

[edit] load the begin.nw
oh and if you see something and you think why in gods name did he do it that way... its because its offline and I've probably tried everything else. Do not enter editor if you want the full experience because doing so will reset some of the events and make things weird. have fun
[/edit]
Attached Files
File Type: zip tb3tutorial.zip (418.4 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by TB3; 05-17-2004 at 03:25 AM..