Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Assign old accounts a Graal# ID.

A lot of people will really hate this idea (as servers STILL aren't supporting Graal# accounts appropriately) and people generally seek the older account name style. However, it has become a trend recently for.. well.. everyone to want their account name (aka community names) to be renamed. This is extremely hard to achieve if you've got an old account. However, if we all had Graal# accounts and our (current) accounts were used as the community name instead, people would be able to get their names changed with ease.

Hell, could even introduce a paid name changing system (only let you change it once!) like Ragnarok and other MMO's do.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
Please don't change my account name to a crappy Graal# name.

It's also extremely impractical for servers that have databases based on account name, unless you can lookup the account by both the old and new name.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:50 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
i dont want my account name to be graal#
Old 07-18-2010, 06:53 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
change it to use your email instead of a graal#/account, then have the "displayed name" something you can pay to change.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12171217 View Post
Please don't change my account name to a crappy Graal# name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
i dont want my account name to be graal#
If they were hidden (like they are supposed to be) you wouldn't even notice a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12171217 View Post
It's also extremely impractical for servers that have databases based on account name, unless you can lookup the account by both the old and new name.
That's something that Stefan should add, not a reason against my idea. Graal# accounts already exist, and there's hundreds of players logging on every day with them.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
It can't be done, anyway. As I mentioned via AIM, mentioning it here as well so people can follow:
If you changed "TSAdmin" to "Graal133337", then everything such as subscriptions, e-mail association, variables saved on local servers, attributes everywhere, etc would be looking for TSAdmin, but not finding it ever again.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 07-18-2010, 06:58 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
No.. this is how I gauge whether or not UN is attracting new players.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:01 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
If they were hidden (like they are supposed to be) you wouldn't even notice a difference.
Well like I said on MSN, only if nothing ingame had ANYTHING to do with account names. Even then though, account names have always been like a "permanent" identity. Graal403830093 means nothing to anyone. There's a lot of Graal#'s on Zodiac and I have yet to identify one with a person. :I
Old 07-18-2010, 07:06 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
no
Old 07-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Well like I said on MSN, only if nothing ingame had ANYTHING to do with account names. Even then though, account names have always been like a "permanent" identity. Graal403830093 means nothing to anyone. There's a lot of Graal#'s on Zodiac and I have yet to identify one with a person. :I
People are identified by their community names really. These Graal# names are just scripting tools. You'd be able to have your community name renamed easily, and if you had an account name of something like xCronoxIsxLovex for years you wouldn't lose any of your stats either! Unless of course Stefan couldn't find a work around for what TSAdmin has mentioned, but if he couldn't I wouldn't advocate this idea at all.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:21 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
I can see where Rufus is coming from, however, I don't think it's the thing to do.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:22 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I've had this account name for 10 years. No way.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
There is only ONE reason that Graal##### are as bad as people think they are: servers have yet to change from displaying account names to community names, rending the whole system useless. Really, start using communitynames for display and account names for saving data and whatnot already, it's been how many years now?

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I've had this account name for 10 years. No way.
I don't see what changes? Apparently people don't understand the logic of community and account names
Old 07-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
People are identified by their community names really. These Graal# names are just scripting tools. You'd be able to have your community name renamed easily, and if you had an account name of something like xCronoxIsxLovex for years you wouldn't lose any of your stats either! Unless of course Stefan couldn't find a work around for what TSAdmin has mentioned, but if he couldn't I wouldn't advocate this idea at all.
I just feel that people will be changing their community names a lot, like nicknames really.

It does sound attractive if, as suggested, account names would be completely hidden with community names only being shown ingame.